Page 334 of 717 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344384434 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    Hate to bring politics up again but I'm worried over here in Scotland due to the news of "tighter restrictions" with many now saying that Nicola Sturgeon is trying to control us, which I hope isn't true at all. :(
    I don’t like Nicola Sturgeon one bit but I don’t doubt that whichever decisions she’s making are being driven by scientific advisors.

The cynic in me does think that she’s playing politics with trying to ensure that we look “independent” from decisions made in Westminster, but maybe I’m just overly suspicious after years of her and her party playing those silly games.

Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
    Hate to bring politics up again but I'm worried over here in Scotland due to the news of "tighter restrictions" with many now saying that Nicola Sturgeon is trying to control us, which I hope isn't true at all. :(
    What I have just read on the BBC website is that Sturgeon and Co are hoping to do the opposite in Scotland, accelerate the easing of restrictions.

Far from being a control freak.

I am in England (Midlands) BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    It generally seems to be Wednesdays when cases rise, but does sometimes happen on Tuesdays.

Last week there was an increase in cases on Monday, which was rather unusual, and seemingly random.

Since the start of January, cases have also been known to increase on Fridays, though the last couple of weeks seem to have bucked that trend.

Who knows the true reasons behind this?
    1 in 7 areas now seeing weekly rises.

From monitoring the post codes around me I think some reach a plateau. I've seen this for my city where it stalls out, shows slight increases and then starts the downward trend again.

Age profiling is what we need to see. If cases are rising in the unvaccinated it raises a different question about lockdown. Depends how many are over 50 or in the underlying conditions pots yet to be jabbed.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 03-03-21 at 05:29. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I don’t like Nicola Sturgeon one bit but I don’t doubt that whichever decisions she’s making are being driven by scientific advisors.

The cynic in me does think that she’s playing politics with trying to ensure that we look “independent” from decisions made in Westminster, but maybe I’m just overly suspicious after years of her and her party playing those silly games.
    I think you know her well enough. Big vote coming up. They are all the same the world over.

That's not to say the two are linked but it has played into their hands. But what of all the other questions people are distracted from?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I think you know her well enough. Big vote coming up. They are all the same the world over.

That's not to say the two are linked but it has played into their hands. But what of all the other questions people are distracted from?
    Yeah, they’ve got a bit of a problem on their hands right now but I guess that ones for another day.

A mate of mine posted on his Facebook a few days ago that we generally apply the same rules as England but we do it 3 weeks later and a bit more Scottishy. I know exactly what he means.

Yes it appears that Scotland waits for England to c*ck up on things and then acts with the benefit of hindsight..and smugly.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    1 in 7 areas now seeing weekly rises.

From monitoring the post codes around me I think some reach a plateau. I've seen this for my city where it stalls out, shows slight increases and then starts the downward trend again.

Age profiling is what we need to see. If cases are rising in the unvaccinated it raises a different question about lockdown. Depends how many are over 50 or in the underlying conditions pots yet to be jabbed.
    I thought a few days ago it was 1 in 5 areas seeing weekly rises in cases.

But if it is now 1 in 7 like you have said, things are looking up once again.

BTW, today is exactly one year since I first joined this forum.

Today the BBC have suddenly piped down over the Brazilian variant in the UK.

Instead it's all about the Budget and Sturgeon vs Salmons.

Obviously nothing much to report on the former ATM, so it's 'no news is good news' so far!

Mind you, had the Brazilian variant hit London, the media would no doubt be having more than an epic field day right now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I thought a few days ago it was 1 in 5 areas seeing weekly rises in cases.

But if it is now 1 in 7 like you have said, things are looking up once again.

BTW, today is exactly one year since I first joined this forum.
    Interesting. It was something like 58 out of 355 seeing an increase so 1 in 7. So perhaps a case of media misuse of information again because the tone of the article was that things were getting bad again.

On the BBC graph Tuesday doesn't look at an abnormal spike so unclear about the impact of the weekend. Still I nice downward trend though.

Hungary's top medical bod has announced they are going to space out 1st doses to follow a similar strategy to ours. Our scientists took a lot of flack over that from politicians and doctors but it seems they were right to do this. A case of having to act rather than sit back and wait for more studies.

Happy first birthday How time flies. One minute you've only got 10 on your post count and before we know it you're all grown up and a senior.

Happy Forum 1st Birthday, Lencoboy!

Page 334 of 717 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344384434 ... LastLast

Thread Information