Page 37 of 717 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137537 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Every time I see the beaches I just to despair at the utter morons.

But I'll ask again. Where the authorities? They don't seem to want to address the problem at all and this has been happening for some time now.

It's pretty obvious the media shots showing coppers telling people to leave beaches are publicity jobs. Either that or different forces vary in giving a crap.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 30-05-20 at 21:37. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    You mean he deals in facts but because he’s not throwing around unsubstantiated nonsense that discredits him?
    I'm awaiting a follow up on the doctor who said it was all a hoax then was sectioned. Was it Sweden?

But here's something interesting for you, Gary, where are the articles about Russian doctors being thrown out of windows because they are complaining about poor safety standards in their hospitals? Surely that is exactly what our hoax believing friend would love to post about? But...anyone who has followed the politics threads on here will have seen how he is pro Putin because Russia support Syria & Iran, 2 countries our friend likes...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You must make sure that you stay shielded, Pamplemousse. I'm sure you will.

The indirect effects of Covid have the potential to be as harmful and destructive as the virus itself. I dread the inevitable second wave.
    Don't you worry Pulisa, I'm staying put and working on ideas to increase my isolation. I've already declined three different family invites - never mind 2m distancing, I'm looking at twelve miles! A client has been in touch, but I am planning on declining the work for now. I'd rather lose money and future work than my life. I can find enough to occupy me here at home and I don't need to leave the house to achieve it. If others want to play Russian Roulette with their lives, on their own stupidity be it.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 31-05-20 at 00:00.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Every time I see the beaches I just to despair at the utter morons.

But I'll ask again. Where the authorities? They don't seem to want to address the problem at all and this has been happening for some time now.

It's pretty obvious the media shots showing coppers telling people to leave beaches are publicity jobs. Either that or different forces vary in giving a crap.
    Possibly because they don't want to be responsible for any 'copycats' of the riots going on in America right now.

Even so, those on the beaches are still eejits who don't give a flying fig!! They're the ones that should be prepared to face the music!!

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Why are people who choose to go out "morons", "stupid", "eejits" etc? And to suggest that they should be rounded up and shot - or threatened with it - is actually inciting hate. What business is it of yours what others do? YOU are the only person responsible for your health. If that means you isolate yourself forever over a virus which is at best unpredictable, then so be it. But to me that's "moronic" and you will do yourself far more damage in terms of your mental health and weakened immune system.

People cannot be locked up indefinitely indoors in a free society, especially those with kids. Unless that is we've now become China

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Why are people who choose to go out "morons", "stupid", "eejits" etc? And to suggest that they should be rounded up and shot - or threatened with it - is actually inciting hate. What business is it of yours what others do? YOU are the only person responsible for your health. If that means you isolate yourself forever over a virus which is at best unpredictable, then so be it. But to me that's "moronic" and you will do yourself far more damage in terms of your mental health and weakened immune system.

People cannot be locked up indefinitely indoors in a free society, especially those with kids. Unless that is we've now become China
    They're morons because their selfish behaviour endangers others. They prioritise a day at the beach over taking responsibility for others. Remember, social distancing still applies right now but they are ignoring that.

They are the same morons who have been ignoring the lockdown ruled e.g. those in supermarkets who insist on going down the wrong aisles and standing next to you, those who have continued to go in & out of other households because they can't go without seeing their mates for a couple if months, etc.

I go out. I've been out every day all throughout. Other than gardening & housework I've been walking the dog, going for a walk myself, collecting firewood for someone struggling to get coal, two trips per week to main shops and some runs to cornershops for essentials when the panic buying goes on.

I'm not saying people going out are morons. I'm saying you're a moron if you pack a beach just to get some sun. Keep your distance at least but there are plenty of press shots showing they aren't doing that.

Presumably parents don't want sick kids? Therefore not doing this behaviour takes priority over a couple of months of difficulty?

They're morons because their selfish behaviour endangers others. They prioritise a day at the beach over taking responsibility for others. Remember, social distancing still applies right now but they are ignoring that.
    Ah, but the so-called 'virus' is a hoax to control us, Terry. The 'enlightened people' know that but we the 'sheeple' don't.

However... the helicopters were more likely there for these monumental acts of stupidity:

Durdle Door: Three seriously hurt 'jumping off cliff into sea'

There's also been a change to policy on those 'shielding' - too soon, I say despite knowing people who are doing itl and they are of the same opinion. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52862440
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 30-05-20 at 23:58.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

They are the same morons who have been ignoring the lockdown ruled e.g. those in supermarkets who insist on going down the wrong aisles and standing next to you, those who have continued to go in & out of other households because they can't go without seeing their mates for a couple if months, etc.

I go out. I've been out every day all throughout. Other than gardening & housework I've been walking the dog, going for a walk myself, collecting firewood for someone struggling to get coal, two trips per week to main shops and some runs to cornershops for essentials when the panic buying goes on.

I'm not saying people going out are morons. I'm saying you're a moron if you pack a beach just to get some sun. Keep your distance at least but there are plenty of press shots showing they aren't doing that.

Presumably parents don't want sick kids? Therefore not doing this behaviour takes priority over a couple of months of difficulty?
    Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    YOU are the only person responsible for your health.

As above, Terry.

Never Surrender, Comrade

I posted this on another COVID thread. It's still my opinion:

You all, the Covid virus is more threatening than the flu in many cases. My great uncle got it and died. Yes, he was on his way out anyway, and had underlying health problems, but it still finished him off. Then the nurse, a healthy man in his fifties, with no underlying health problems, wound up in the ICQ from it for a week. My uncle and aunt got it from visiting, and luckily had mild cases. My cousin who a nurse got it, who's in his 30s, and he was in the hospital for two days to get fluids. No underlying health problems. I had a former student who had underlying health problems that died from it. He was 22.

The fact is, it's a lot more contagious and for those with health issues, a lot more serious than the season flu. If you want to deny it exists, or it that it's not as bad as it says, because that makes you able to sleep at night, then so be it.

But the thing is, if governments did nothing about it, it would have spread worse and you'd all be b1ching that they didn't do enough, because then you would all know someone affected by it. As it is now, you're b1ching because you think they've done too much and it's ruining the economy. Well, honestly, I'm not sure if that is the fault of the government so much as the fault of the capitalism systems that are set up to run our economy. Capitalism is great, but nothing is perfect. One of it's flaws is that it really doesn't have many contingency plans for natural disasters, and this qualifies as a natural disaster, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I posted this on another COVID thread. It's still my opinion:

You all, the Covid virus is more threatening than the flu in many cases. My great uncle got it and died. Yes, he was on his way out anyway, and had underlying health problems, but it still finished him off. Then the nurse, a healthy man in his fifties, with no underlying health problems, wound up in the ICQ from it for a week. My uncle and aunt got it from visiting, and luckily had mild cases. My cousin who a nurse got it, who's in his 30s, and he was in the hospital for two days to get fluids. No underlying health problems. I had a former student who had underlying health problems that died from it. He was 22.

The fact is, it's a lot more contagious and for those with health issues, a lot more serious than the season flu. If you want to deny it exists, or it that it's not as bad as it says, because that makes you able to sleep at night, then so be it.

But the thing is, if governments did nothing about it, it would have spread worse and you'd all be b1ching that they didn't do enough, because then you would all know someone affected by it. As it is now, you're b1ching because you think they've done too much and it's ruining the economy. Well, honestly, I'm not sure if that is the fault of the government so much as the fault of the capitalism systems that are set up to run our economy. Capitalism is great, but nothing is perfect. One of it's flaws is that it really doesn't have many contingency plans for natural disasters, and this qualifies as a natural disaster, IMO.
    A very valid post Antsy, this is the rational view

Page 37 of 717 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137537 ... LastLast

Thread Information