Page 573 of 717 FirstFirst ... 73473523563571572573574575583623673 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,730 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    That is appalling, Terry. Can you lodge an official complaint with your practice manager? I know it's more work for you but you should at least have been contacted to cancel and rearrange the appointment. I don't reckon Her Maj will have experienced such a "service" ..

I had the luxury of going to a nearby walk in centre. For those who don't have that option or who are completely housebound it must be a complete fiasco and very unfair. I think the more publicity these failings have the more notice will be taken and ministers will stop congratulating themselves smugly on the magnificent rollout.
    It seriously make me wonder how a lot of people continue to tolerate this ever-farcical situation, simply burying their heads in the sand and shrugging it off with clichés like 'it's just the way of the world today', etc. Especially the ones who are increasingly blasé about politics and can't be bothered to vote whenever they get the opportunity.

And others on here (of whom I won't name names) are bound to pipe up with the usual 'But there's no credible alternatives to Boris and Co', etc!

I think I'm due another break from here for the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I don't know what's going on but overall confirmed cases have actually dropped to 39k today, despite reaching 52k on Thursday (21st October) and being on a bit of a downward trend since Friday, notwithstanding the fact that Wales doesn't publish their stats on Saturdays.

Last Sunday (17th October) by comparison, cases were 45k.

Still no room for complacency though.
    Perhaps it’s because it’s half term? A lot of people have 2 weeks off instead of 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor Sir Andrew Pollard on being careful judging our rates against other countries. And why even current higher hospitalisations (previously stated by other scientists) are less of a concern due to shorter stays and milder illness:

https://news.upday.com/uk/dont-bash-...edium=referral

So, we seem to be back to the 'test less find less' Trumpian thing.

Shocked to see so many in this thread so utterly taken in by the fearmongering around this Virus. Yes there's a virus out there, but to the vast majority it's no worse than a bad cold. For those that are vulnerable, there are clearly anti-viral / therapeutic drugs such as Ivermectin that can treat the condition effectively, yet they are being suppressed so the vaccine can be pushed. It's bleedingly obvious there's an agenda behind this whole saga, be that purely financial gain for vaccine producers or for governments to gain further control over populations through vaccine passports which will morph into digital ID and social credit.

I'm far more worried about what life will be like in our new "papers please" tracked and traced society, than I am worried about the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Perhaps it’s because it’s half term? A lot of people have 2 weeks off instead of 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's exactly the reason for the drop in cases and demonstrates so many of the case numbers are from healthy children being tested in school and likely ending up with false positive results or having the virus yet being asymptomatic. Policy should be based purely on hospitalisations and deaths as this point. Testing hundreds of thousands of health people every day is simply a tool for the government and media to keep people in perpetual fear.

Cue the return to school in the coming weeks and a sharp rise in case numbers. The perfect excuse for the government to implement 'Plan B' and push for vaccine passports which are utterly useless as a tool for controlling the virus but great as a tool to control a countries citizens so you can guarantee the government want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotagetthroughthis View Post
    Shocked to see so many in this thread so utterly taken in by the fearmongering around this Virus.
    You’re shocked to see so many people on a health anxiety board being fearful of a global pandemic? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Gotagetthroughthis View Post
    Shocked to see so many in this thread so utterly taken in by the fearmongering around this Virus. Yes there's a virus out there, but to the vast majority it's no worse than a bad cold. For those that are vulnerable, there are clearly anti-viral / therapeutic drugs such as Ivermectin that can treat the condition effectively, yet they are being suppressed so the vaccine can be pushed. It's bleedingly obvious there's an agenda behind this whole saga, be that purely financial gain for vaccine producers or for governments to gain further control over populations through vaccine passports which will morph into digital ID and social credit.

I'm far more worried about what life will be like in our new "papers please" tracked and traced society, than I am worried about the virus.
    That'll be the invermectin, the the drug company that holds the licence for it and could make a fortune from it has stated, there is absolutely no clinical evidence that it has any therapeutic value in the treatment of covid?
    There was one paper from Egypt that supported its use, that was then withdrawn due to falsification and poorly audited clinical trials?

Invermectin is freaking horse de-wormer for goodness sakes! The FDA has not approved its use to treat COVID and there's no data to support the claims. Large doses can be dangerous. To even suggest that it can treat COVID effectively is ludicrous and frankly dangerous!

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 27-10-21 at 14:14.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

We raise livestock. Goats, sheep, cows, etc. Ivermectin is considered general safe for them. These animals usually live less than 20 years & most don't even reach that. Also (worth noting) if you give an animal Ivermectin you have to wait about 30 days to butcher or consume animal, because of the residual in animal tissue. Withdrawal period. With that being said...if it were once a bad idea to even get the residuals of Ivermectin, im probably not putting it straight into my body.
    I haven't done all the research & im sure there's a lot out there. However, that just my take on it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

My guinea pigs have Ivermectin if they ever get mites from hay. The vets get very nervous with the dosage..

I think I'll pass on that one..

Page 573 of 717 FirstFirst ... 73473523563571572573574575583623673 ... LastLast

Thread Information