Page 11 of 717 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Good News About Covid19 Reinfection

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    And what's with all this blank space on the right hand side folks, or is it my laptop playing up?
    Just another change to process in these strangest of times? Innit?

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

https://www.lbcnews.co.uk/uk-news/po...amid-lockdown/

The locals must have heard all the cries of 'Coviiiiiiiiidddddd'

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post

So predictable

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I'm fine with cockwomble though, I get all immature and giggle

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    But best of all I love making statements but with my voice rising at the end of the sentence, so it sounds like a question?
    LOL When I went to the UK, this was the thing that got me the most. Are they asking me a question or telling me something?

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    So predictable
    You'd never see this in NZ, people know how to do the right thing for the good of the community in a crisis like this ... that crowd is out of control, spreading the virus around and they don't care, as the guy with the placard said, "we need to follow our American cousins who are leading the way!" That's going to get the UK a long way! NOT

*ps Zero new cases today in NZ *

This quote by CDC Director Anthony Fauci is from Newsweek a couple of days ago in regard to the NIH testing Hydroxychloroquine:

"We urgently need a safe and effective treatment for COVID-19," Fauci said in a statement. "Repurposing existing drugs is an attractive option because these medications have undergone extensive testing, allowing them to move quickly into clinical trials and accelerating their potential approval for COVID-19 treatment.

"Although there is anecdotal evidence that hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin may benefit people with COVID-19, we need solid data from a large randomized, controlled clinical trial to determine whether this experimental treatment is safe and can improve clinical outcomes," added Fauci.

Hopefully they'll help people.

Wisemonkey,
    Respectfully, how can you compare a country with only a few million people to one with almost 70 million people? Or in the case of my country 340 million? I mean I live in a pretty small state and we have more people than your entire country. It's apples and oranges...or should I say apples and kiwis?

Thank you for being respectful . IMO mixed messages from the govts is at the root of lockdown failures in many countries. Theoretically larger populations mean more resources, more feet on the ground, more hospitals, more testing, more contact tracing etc. What's obvious is that the UK and US have deep divides within the populace which is manifesting in anger and sometimes violence (due to people's perceptions of how wrongly they've been treated). Governments vying for popularity and all that comes with it, at the expense of the peoples well being. (I've mentioned this before).

I acknowledge that having many states (or UK having more countries within one) requires more organisation and this is where cooperation comes in. As you know having states at odds with one another leads to lots of mixed messages that creates confusion among the people. Australia has six states but managed to get their act together quickly.

We were watching a programme on TV about Central Park in New York where 2,000 wardens had been employed to remind people to keep 2 metres distance from one another. I found this extraordinary as surely people know this, it's been a constant reminder on TV everyday for 6 weeks straight. Surely people want to keep safe and keep others safe also. To us (NZer's) it just makes sense to do the right thing and think of others as well.

I believe that NZers and (Aust) are generally happier with their lot in life, maybe more laid back and community orientated, maybe it's the lifestyle and sunshine. Maybe it's is because we are ex-colonial countries and have had to do the hard yards and break in relatively 'new' lands so we're innovative and practical minded people and generally cooperative.
    This isn't a big talk-up of NZ, it's that often we look overseas and can't believe what we see and hear, it's just so different from our reality.

I will say that when I arrived in NZ from England in 1964, as a child, I thought I'd arrived in paradise, the colours were so vibrant, the greenery, the mountains and beaches. I've been back to the UK once in 2014 and had a great time catching up with my reles and I loved the Scottish Highlands. However, it was great to be back home

I would be wary of judging the mood based on protests in London. They seem to have a lot of protest types down there. You hear less about them elsewhere unless they have a specific goal e.g. Scottish independence.

Just more 'anti' types. Being arrested will be a badge of honour.

Page 11 of 717 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread Information