Page 110 of 717 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210610 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Yes, family is a huge part of many Asians and Latino cultures. But here, many multi-generational families live together because of the high price of housing and rent. It can often take several adults in one family pooling their salaries to make rent and pay for the other necessities of life. Is that not the case in the UK?
    Depends where you live, Vee. It's harder in my city if you live alone on minimum wage. If you are a couple of have a decent job you can afford rents & mortgages.

The beauty of living in a city no one is bothered about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    In Berlin there have been protests today from the Corona deniers, CTers, and several far-right factions, who are getting indignant about their freedoms being curtailed ahead of certain restrictions being re-imposed due to new spikes in CV infections in certain parts of Germany.

Some people just have no shame!!
    They are a motley bunch. Germany has seen leftwingers rubbing shoulders with far right protesters, football hooligans, anti Semitic idiots, etc. The dog has some very varied fleas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Thankyou Terry I am hoping to be home Monday had Cellular Therapy and if my temperature gets back to normal I will be home.
    Thankyou everyone else for your get well wishes.

Now back to Covid it is bad in Victoria and getting worse in NSW. I just don’t understand why people are so bloody dumb.
    Stay home if you have it,wear a bloody mask when out in public it’s that simple.
    Glad to hear you will be out soon, Lola Hospitals are boring places so hopefully you have some distractions.

Cellular therapy? How many free texts do you get with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Thankyou Terry I am hoping to be home Monday had Cellular Therapy and if my temperature gets back to normal I will be home.
    Thankyou everyone else for your get well wishes.

Now back to Covid it is bad in Victoria and getting worse in NSW. I just don’t understand why people are so bloody dumb.
    Stay home if you have it,wear a bloody mask when out in public it’s that simple.
    Get well soon Lola!!

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    LOL That's the million dollar question, Lola!

I hope you've met some hot nurses and doctors during your stay Get well, soon!
    There's been some hot nurses and doctors here Vee in the last few days, 32C!!

I'm glad someone else is trying it first.
    It may be worse that the virus !!!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

If it's being mass-used in Russia we'll never know the true results! They won't be admitting failure.

For Russia read China, take everything they say with a mine of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    They are a motley bunch. Germany has seen leftwingers rubbing shoulders with far right protesters, football hooligans, anti Semitic idiots, etc. The dog has some very varied fleas.
    Yes some right oddball goings on, some of which are seemingly incongruous.

I really hope we don't start seeing copycat scenes in our major cities here in Blighty over the coming days/weeks, especially as today's cases are 938, the highest for over a month, but might also be attributed to more testing as well as the genuine resurgences in certain areas over recent weeks.

Ironically, the CV deaths appear to have more or less levelled off (rather than increased in line with the infections) and CV-related hospitalisations have generally continued their downward trend, which could be because perhaps more younger people, who are on the whole, more likely to survive the virus (apart from the odd exceptions of course) are falling victim to the virus now, coupled with the possibility of that recently discovered steroid that can dramatically reduce the likelihood of death from the virus now starting to enter more widespread usage.

Looking at the weekly data - indeed as reported cases go up the number of deaths is falling. I agree with Lencoboy that the increasing numbers are attributable to increased testing, plus some residual spread as the lockdown has been eased. Some of the coverage of data suggests that the increasing rates are mostly in the younger population - they certainly are the majority out on the streets, in the pubs (and holding illegal raves). The common opposite my house in swarming with them outside the pub every day of the week.

If the govt wants to slow down the spread again, wonder why they don't consider putting a curfew on the younger generation, and allow the older bodies out of shielding to go about their business in peace? Call me ageist by all means, but that's how I feel. Can't keep these poor older souls locked up forever.

Page 110 of 717 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210610 ... LastLast

Thread Information