Page 117 of 717 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217617 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    I will dig out an old copy of "Literacy for Dummies" and "Gardening for Beginners" for you, old carp.

Thank you KKK, well thumbed books no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Has anyone else noticed - not just on this forum - how many people seem to want to believe they've had Covid-19? I've never known anything like it before.
    Possibly because if they have had it, the infection would have presumably been without symptoms and the people in question i.e myself would now have the hoped for immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Possibly because if they have had it, the infection would have presumably been without symptoms and the people in question i.e myself would now have the hoped for immunity.
    yeah I noticed that more in the early days of the pandemic. Now, it seems more and more doctors are saying depending on the severity of your symptoms, you may not have as much immunity as originally thought. But, it really comes down to “we just don’t know yet”. Not enough time has passed to say for sure how much, if any, immunity someone that has had Covid would have - or how long that immunity would last.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Oh, I'm as much referring to people who had temperatures and huge coughing fits that rendered them useless for a few days back in January/February or even earlier: I certainly worked with people displaying such symptoms back in February and wondered why I wasn't catching it and thought "maybe it's because I had that just before Christmas". I suspect though that this is/was due to a coronavirus called OC43, according to one source.

I've noticed on the BBC News website over the past few days the increased absence of the live 'rolling' page dedicated to COVID-19. Are they now considering it to be less important, despite spikes in cases in certain locations, notably in northern England, Aberdeen and other 'pockets' of Scotland?

It has also been suggested on there this week that the R-rate might now be less meaningful than before.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 09-08-20 at 16:14.

YIKES!!

Daily cases above 1k today (1,062) for the first time since 26th June, but might also be attributed to a backlog of previously uncounted cases, which sometimes happens.

Still no recorded CV deaths in Scotland and NI today, and this week has been the first since March with no triple figure death counts UK-wide, not even on Tuesday, so still some silver lining to come out of the past week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    YIKES!!

Daily cases above 1k today (1,062) for the first time since 26th June, but might also be attributed to a backlog of previously uncounted cases, which sometimes happens.

Still no recorded CV deaths in Scotland and NI today, and this week has been the first since March with no triple figure death counts UK-wide, not even on Tuesday, so still some silver lining to come out of the past week.
    BUT....................................back down to just 816 cases today. Not a mega drop but still better than increasing further.
    And also less than last Monday's count of 938.

Hopefully yesterday's brush with 1k cases for the first time since late June was just a blip, though still no confirmed deaths in Scotland and NI today, nor even in Wales, and just 8 in England, the same as yesterday and one less than last Monday, though of course the deaths count on Sundays and Mondays is generally meaningless anyway.

New Zealand has just recorded some new cases of community transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    New Zealand has just recorded some new cases of community transmission.
    Hopefully they will be able to deal with it pretty pronto, considering they have up until now proved to be one of the world leaders in keeping a lid on this pandemic.

Yep they will go straight into Lockdown 3not like our and other pussyfooted government leaders.Go Jacinda

Page 117 of 717 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217617 ... LastLast

Thread Information