Page 118 of 717 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218618 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Yep they will go straight into Lockdown 3not like our and other pussyfooted government leaders.Go Jacinda
    Kind of ironic considering the Australian govt were pretty much on the case in keeping the virus under control earlier on in the pandemic, and the UK and USA govts were initially the ones who were caught napping.

Incidentally, both the case and death counts in the USA are now at long last reported to be on a downward trend.
    It was mentioned briefly on the BBC News website earlier today.

It's just been stated on the govt's CV page that due to technical issues, the stats won't be published until tomorrow.

That will inevitably mean an artificial big jump in both cases and deaths tomorrow.

The BBC however, have still managed to confirm that still no deaths have reported today in both Scotland and NI, which is still extremely remarkable, considering the former has reported some rather prolific spikes in cases over the past couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Kind of ironic considering the Australian govt were pretty much on the case in keeping the virus under control earlier on in the pandemic, and the UK and USA govts were initially the ones who were caught napping.

Incidentally, both the case and death counts in the USA are now at long last reported to be on a downward trend.
    It was mentioned briefly on the BBC News website earlier today.
    In my state here in Aus our Premier closed the border to Victorian’s and N.S.W as the cases have risen again.We have 1 recorded case and he is a returning traveler,if most Aussie’s had there way we would vote for Lockdown 4 and keep out ex-pats returning from Pommyland and anyway else.
    The US is still napping along with the UK.

In my state here in Aus our Premier closed the border to Victorian’s and N.S.W as the cases have risen again.We have 1 recorded case and he is a returning traveler,if most Aussie’s had there way we would vote for Lockdown 4 and keep out ex-pats returning from Pommyland and anyway else.
    I don't think the UK is napping over CV as much now as in the beginning, though of course, we still could and should be doing better.

Not quite sure about the USA, as in fairness, I'm not really qualified to comment on their current CV situation, but yesterday (as I already mentioned in the original post that you have responded to) it was reported that their overall cases and deaths count has started to edge downwards over the past couple of weeks.

Yep they will go straight into Lockdown 3not like our and other pussyfooted government leaders.Go Jacinda
    I saw this on the news. People we're lining up at the grocery stores to prepare.

Lockdown 3 for 4 new cases in the same family? Can you imagine the reaction here? We'd be celebrating "just" 4 new cases and opening up everything and binning social distancing..

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Lockdown 3 for 4 new cases in the same family? Can you imagine the reaction here? We'd be celebrating "just" 4 new cases and opening up everything and binning social distancing..
    Same here, P.

zzzz...zzzz...zzzz

Some very interesting news tonight.

The counting method for CV deaths in England has now officially been changed to only counting deaths that have occurred within a 28-day time limit since the original date of a positive test, not only bringing the system into line with the rest of the UK, but also resulting in the overall death toll for both England and the UK as a whole being revised down by a substantial amount.

Under the previous arrangement, today's death count for the whole of the UK would have been 77, but under this new arrangement from today onwards it is actually just 20.

BTW, still no CV deaths confirmed today in both Scotland and NI.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 12-08-20 at 21:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Some very interesting news tonight.

The counting method for CV deaths in England has now officially been changed to only counting deaths that have occurred within a 28-day time limit since the original date of a positive test, not only bringing the system into line with the rest of the UK, but also resulting in the overall death toll for both England and the UK as a whole being revised down by a substantial amount.

Under the previous arrangement, today's death count for the whole of the UK would have been 77, but under this new arrangement from today onwards it is actually just 20.

BTW, still no CV deaths confirmed today in both Scotland and NI.
    At some point they might all decide to report accurate deaths. Even this will count non related deaths.

In my city the % mortality rate was a crazy 13% and it had been 11% since they started adding this to the BBC post code search. It will be interesting to see how far it falls but it will still be overinflated with spurious data. Dreadful analysis.

Page 118 of 717 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218618 ... LastLast

Thread Information