Page 12 of 717 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Good News About Covid19 Reinfection

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I'm trying to be 'down with the cool kids'. I loathe the trending buzzword stuff too. I'm fine with cockwomble though, I get all immature and giggle

69D8BB5F-AB81-4AA4-9DEE-9A5F9807432B.jpg

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Thank you for being respectful . IMO mixed messages from the govts is at the root of lockdown failures in many countries. Theoretically larger populations mean more resources, more feet on the ground, more hospitals, more testing, more contact tracing etc. What's obvious is that the UK and US have deep divides within the populace which is manifesting in anger and sometimes violence (due to people's perceptions of how wrongly they've been treated). Governments vying for popularity and all that comes with it, at the expense of the peoples well being. (I've mentioned this before).

I acknowledge that having many states (or UK having more countries within one) requires more organisation and this is where cooperation comes in. As you know having states at odds with one another leads to lots of mixed messages that creates confusion among the people. Australia has six states but managed to get their act together quickly.

We were watching a programme on TV about Central Park in New York where 2,000 wardens had been employed to remind people to keep 2 metres distance from one another. I found this extraordinary as surely people know this, it's been a constant reminder on TV everyday for 6 weeks straight. Surely people want to keep safe and keep others safe also. To us (NZer's) it just makes sense to do the right thing and think of others as well.

I believe that NZers and (Aust) are generally happier with their lot in life, maybe more laid back and community orientated, maybe it's the lifestyle and sunshine. Maybe it's is because we are ex-colonial countries and have had to do the hard yards and break in relatively 'new' lands so we're innovative and practical minded people and generally cooperative.
    This isn't a big talk-up of NZ, it's that often we look overseas and can't believe what we see and hear, it's just so different from our reality.

I will say that when I arrived in NZ from England in 1964, as a child, I thought I'd arrived in paradise, the colours were so vibrant, the greenery, the mountains and beaches. I've been back to the UK once in 2014 and had a great time catching up with my reles and I loved the Scottish Highlands. However, it was great to be back home
    Ok this is just one state out of 50. Just so you don't think every place in the US is Calcutta. Enjoy.

https://www.facebook.com/punjabkesar...1657171695833/

I would be wary of judging the mood based on protests in London. They seem to have a lot of protest types down there. You hear less about them elsewhere unless they have a specific goal e.g. Scottish independence.

Just more 'anti' types. Being arrested will be a badge of honour.

Exactly Terry.

If it wasn't for this CV pandemic, those protesters would probably be Extinction Rebellion (XR), anti-Brexiteers, anti-Remainers, or just the usual morons out for their ritual 'ruck' in Central London.

I would be wary of judging the mood based on protests in London. They seem to have a lot of protest types down there. You hear less about them elsewhere unless they have a specific goal e.g. Scottish independence.

Just more 'anti' types. Being arrested will be a badge of honour.
    I agree.
    There are idiots everywhere. There are also fabulous people everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I agree.
    There are idiots everywhere. There are also fabulous people everywhere.
    Absolutely.

I bet had that protest in London instead happened elsewhere in England it probably wouldn't have had the same amount of national publicity, especially as our media seem to be so London-centric these days.

Not specifically having a bash at Londoners BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Absolutely.

I bet had that protest in London instead happened elsewhere in England it probably wouldn't have had the same amount of national publicity, especially as our media seem to be so London-centric these days.

Not specifically having a bash at Londoners BTW.
    London was the largest gathering. Most other places in the UK barely attracted a dozen people.

GERMANY’S DAS BILD SAYS ‘LOCKDOWN WAS A HUGE MISTAKE’

Europe’s best-selling newspaper has announced that the lockdown was a “huge mistake,” citing a number of public intellectuals.

https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/politi...ogin.bild.html

Prof. Klaus Püschel, a respected pathologist and head of the Institute of Forensic Medicine at Hamburg University Hospital, argues that “in the end, COVID-19 is a viral disease like the flu, which in most cases is harmless and is only fatal in exceptional cases.

“It is important to look at the aftermath of the epidemic to see if COVID-19 really was the cause of death,” Püschel observes. “Of the approximately 180 deceased with coronavirus that we have now examined, all suffered from severe pre-existing conditions and were not children or adolescents. The COVID-19 infection was the straw that broke the camel’s back.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    London was the largest gathering. Most other places in the UK barely attracted a dozen people.

Perhaps (in the latter case) that's a good thing then. As far as I am concerned, the former event to me is just another 'incident' in London, which pales in comparison to a lot of the epic protests, strikes and disturbances that happened pretty much all over the country back in the 70s, 80s and even the 90s. Such events seem to have become less meaningful over the past decade or two IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    So predictable
    The cops never seem to social distance or wear masks, not sure if that's because pigs are immune to covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    GERMANY’S DAS BILD SAYS ‘LOCKDOWN WAS A HUGE MISTAKE’

Europe’s best-selling newspaper has announced that the lockdown was a “huge mistake,” citing a number of public intellectuals.

https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/politi...ogin.bild.html

Prof. Klaus Püschel, a respected pathologist and head of the Institute of Forensic Medicine at Hamburg University Hospital, argues that “in the end, COVID-19 is a viral disease like the flu, which in most cases is harmless and is only fatal in exceptional cases.

“It is important to look at the aftermath of the epidemic to see if COVID-19 really was the cause of death,” Püschel observes. “Of the approximately 180 deceased with coronavirus that we have now examined, all suffered from severe pre-existing conditions and were not children or adolescents. The COVID-19 infection was the straw that broke the camel’s back.”

Oh ah!!

Page 12 of 717 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread Information