Page 137 of 717 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237637 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

My one vice...It's served me well so far!

I like the idea of a National Shite Day..What day would everyone choose? A Mo(a)nday in January?

I was correct that it would only be a matter of time before a Berlin-type protest kicked off in London (and Paris).

Rumour also has it that XR also came back out of the woodwork this weekend, and I wonder if BLM have been in the mix too?

Someone on Digital Spy said that yesterday's Corona-deniers' protest in Central London is an embarrassment to this country. This current series of protests actually originated in Berlin and it's the typical bandwagon-jumpers who are out for their usual bust-up in Trafalgar Square for the umpteenth time.

It just seems that this country almost always seems to get it in the neck over many international issues by short-sighted individuals who seem to revel in believing that their origins were mostly in this country (e. g, the Global Financial Crisis) and all the other BS views they often have.

Allegedly that tool David Icke was involved in yesterday's London protest.

Strangely, the BBC News website only mentioned it very briefly yesterday in the live 'rolling' page, but devoted the bulk of its coverage to the original Berlin protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Strangely, the BBC News website only mentioned it very briefly yesterday in the live 'rolling' page, but devoted the bulk of its coverage to the original Berlin protest.
    Probably being responsible and not wishing to draw attention to an illegal event on its doorstep?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    That's reminds me of when Robbie Williams tried to claim he had autism in an attempt to justify his past bad behaviour. Someone wrote under the article "no, you're just a bellend"

Was that you, Pamplemousse?
    Nope, definitely not me.

I do try to be very careful and not judge people or have a dig at those with genuine disabilities, both mental and physical - but for the Grace of God, that could be me; but I really hate those who appropriate those disabilities - especially the unseen ones - to justify their own stupidity or shortcomings.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    But if they had matching bunny jumpers do they count as two halves?
    No, we're not talking Howard and Hilda* here but a couple of well-to-do Pretty Young Things with a massive sense of entitlement.

*The reader is left this reference as an exercise to work out which BBC sitcom I'm referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Probably being responsible and not wishing to draw attention to an illegal event on its doorstep?
    In which case I commend them.

Sometimes (IMO) it's probably a safer option to keep events like that lower key in both the national and international headlines. I also believe that the media had a lot to answer for over the August 2011 riots, which led to them rapidly spreading beyond London in just a matter of 2 days.

Same when a terrorist attack occurs in one place, over-publicity by the media (and even worse through extreme sensationalism) can aggravate the problems all the more and inadvertently provoke copycat incidents, which I reckon could have been the case when Europe in particular was hit by a severe bout of attacks from late 2015-mid 2017, including the 4 in England between March and September 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Lol PM, they remind me of our Dennis Leary

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs
    I really enjoyed that, Vee - will go listen to some more later

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I really enjoyed that, Vee - will go listen to some more later
    LOL good! I will point out that Dennis Leary got some of his material from the late Bill Hicks, so you might want to look him up. You'd like him as well.

I wonder if you'd come across this, Vee?

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2020/08/25...evel-nonsense/

Anti-maskers are getting creative in their attempts to dress up selfishness as a stand against tyranny, as this ‘religious exemption card’ from The Healthy American website shows.
    The $12 card claims to offer exemption “from wearing masks or cloth face coverings, having temperature taken, viral testing and vaccinations”, although the web page also contains this disclaimer:
    Tyranny. TYRANNY?! Tyranny is being dragged out of your bed by the secret police in the dead of night for some contrived reason, being beaten up and being dumped somewhere to die. It is not, repeat NOT, being asked to wear an effing face covering!

Seriously Vee, you Americans need to get a grip and rein in these sh*theads.

It's like "austerity" over here..We have no concept of what true poverty is like these days.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It's like "austerity" over here..We have no concept of what true poverty is like these days.
    The existence of food banks makes me disbelieve that, Pulisa. Poverty can be said to be relative; it's nothing like say, parts of India.

The "austerity" we went through in 2010 was unnecessary and driven by dogma.

Page 137 of 717 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237637 ... LastLast

Thread Information