Page 140 of 717 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240640 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Take a look at Dr John Campbell's latest vid on YouTube that he uploaded today.

(No spoilers here).

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Take a look at Dr John Campbell's latest vid on YouTube that he uploaded today.

(No spoilers here).
    I’m hoping that the first effective and safe vaccine is a more traditional viral vector type rather than an mRNA type. I trust science but I’m having a hard time agreeing with the notion of vaccinating the world with a brand new technology that has had very little in the way of time to show its safety and efficacy.

Viral vector types have the same challenges, of course, but at least the technology is understood through years of study and analysis. My hope is that the Oxford vaccine is effective enough to take the sting out of this pandemic and allow more study of mRNA vaccine technology before its rolled out.

It looks like the Oxford vaccine is traditional but the US Moderna and US/German ones are mRNA.

Sadly today's cases are back at the level of late May (1,940), but the deaths still remain low/stable (10).

There doesn't appear to be any real explanations for the possible reasons behind the jump over the past week or two, one of which I reckon, could be to do with people having returned from foreign holidays, coupled with more testing generally taking place, but no news outlet has mentioned the former yet.

A couple to a few weeks back, many of the cases appeared to be traced to places like factories, farms, etc, but barely any mention of that ATM.

As for schools and the like returning, it's probably still too early to tell, but of course, only time will tell with that one.

It does make me wonder how long it will be before Boris and Co have no other option but to force a second full-on national lockdown, even though he has repeatedly stated otherwise?

It does seem to me as though the authorities have now just given up.

Sadly today's cases are back at the level of late May (1,940), but the deaths still remain low/stable (10).

There doesn't appear to be any real explanations for the possible reasons behind the jump over the past week or two, one of which I reckon, could be to do with people having returned from foreign holidays, coupled with more testing generally taking place, but no news outlet has mentioned the former yet.

A couple to a few weeks back, many of the cases appeared to be traced to places like factories, farms, etc, but barely any mention of that ATM.

As for schools and the like returning, it's probably still too early to tell, but of course, only time will tell with that one.

It does make me wonder how long it will be before Boris and Co have no other option but to force a second full-on national lockdown, even though he has repeatedly stated otherwise?

It does seem to me as though the authorities have now just given up.
    We simply can’t afford to go into another full on lockdown. If the cases rise uncontrollably then they need to start with shielding measures for the more vulnerable and prepping the NHS for higher than usual numbers.

We need to live with this as best we can until vaccines are administered. We can’t just keep shutting down the country every few months, it simply isn’t feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    We simply can’t afford to go into another full on lockdown. If the cases rise uncontrollably then they need to start with shielding measures for the more vulnerable and prepping the NHS for higher than usual numbers.

We need to live with this as best we can until vaccines are administered. We can’t just keep shutting down the country every few months, it simply isn’t feasible.
    I am most certainly not itching for a second national lockdown, it would be one of my worst nightmares in fact, and of course, a sign that the govt had simply given up the ghost, if it were to happen.

Hopefully we're now beyond all of that as it appears that a lot more is known about CV right now compared to earlier in the year, and so far the overall CV death rates in the UK have remained low (and stable) over the past month or so.

Surely we've had higher daily CV deaths with lesser cases than present.

The CV death rates are still fiddled IMO - many people with it take longer than 28 days to die of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    The CV death rates are still fiddled IMO - many people with it take longer than 28 days to die of it.
    Sadly, I don't think that they'll ever be 100 per cent accurate though, whatever counting measure is employed.

Nevertheless, the daily deaths count under the old English system prior to 12 August already seemed to be on a general downward trend, so not quite sure as to whether they are actually fiddled per se, but that's your opinion and prerogative of course.

Sadly, I don't think that they'll ever be 100 per cent accurate though, whatever counting measure is employed.

Nevertheless, the daily deaths count under the old English system prior to 12 August already seemed to be on a general downward trend, so not quite sure as to whether they are actually fiddled per se, but that's your opinion and prerogative of course.
    What's recently bugged me is that a friend of the family passed away at the ripe old age of 94 in a nursing home. Despite having never been tested, or showing symptoms at the time of death, he has "Covid-19" on his death certificate.

HOW?

Something Dr Campbell mentioned about the case/hospitalisation/death disparities we are seeing is not just age demographics but mask wearing too. The masks reducing the viral load inhaled and thus the immune system having fewer replications to deal with from the off.

Page 140 of 717 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240640 ... LastLast

Thread Information