Page 141 of 717 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241641 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Something Dr Campbell mentioned about the case/hospitalisation/death disparities we are seeing is not just age demographics but mask wearing too. The masks reducing the viral load inhaled and thus the immune system having fewer replications to deal with from the off.
    Yes, I watched that vid the other day which is very interesting, but of course the press probably won't acknowledge it as given they're (for the most part) in pursuit of £s/clicks, the most morbid and the usual 'armageddon'-type stories, coupled with all this fabled 'second wave' stuff, obviously makes for the most exciting reading, especially amongst the more gullible and lowest common denominators within our society.

In fact, I wish even Aunty Beeb would pick up on some of Dr Campbell's excellent commentary, which they sadly don't appear to have done yet.

Dr Campbell did appear to be implying in his latest vid from yesterday evening that the cases earlier in the year (accompanied by very high death rate) were just the tip of the iceberg, in particular due to the woeful lack of general community testing with only the the very sick and already-hospitalised persons being tested, so it does now appear, with the benefit of hindsight, that the virus was a lot more severe and more widespread than we actually thought during the first three months of this year in this country alone, whilst sadly the powers that be were seemingly caught napping over it at the time.

If only we knew back then what we know now, even though there's still more work to be done!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    In fact, I wish even Aunty Beeb would pick up on some of Dr Campbell's excellent commentary, which they sadly don't appear to have done yet.
    One word: 'balance'. If they promoted Dr. Campbell's views, you can guarantee people would expect someone of an opposing view to be given an equal airing. See also: a respected climate scientist and... Nigel Lawson, which got the BBC into hot water.

Meanwhile, a couple of links from the BBC website this morning:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54000629

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54036221
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 05-09-20 at 09:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    One word: 'balance'. If they promoted Dr. Campbell's views, you can guarantee people would expect someone of an opposing view to be given an equal airing. See also: a respected climate scientist and... Nigel Lawson, which got the BBC into hot water.

Meanwhile, a couple of links from the BBC website this morning:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54000629

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54036221
    Some very interesting revelations there.

Perhaps in the case if the former, some of the daily confirmed cases might be artificially inflated. There has also been suggestions of latent confirmed cases on some days, dating from several days, weeks or even months ago, being added to daily case stats, that can also artificially inflate them, as I have already mentioned before on here.

Also, the system is now becoming increasingly aware of 'asymptomatic' cases, which could also be another plausible reason for the current increase in cases, along with the greater community testing in general, inadvertently detecting such cases, and still, the more severe ones of course.

There ere appear to be quite a few 'alternative' opinions that the BBC reporters and MSM don't or wont listen to if these don't fir their pandemic scenarios - Dr Campbell being one of them, others such as Sunetra Gupta, Carl Heneghan et al of the Oxford research group, Karl Friston and the Swedish contingent......I found the current 'revelation' that the tests are in some cases so sensitive that they can test positive having detected traces of dead viral particles in people who have had the virus (often without being aware of it) weeks ago - hence the over-counting of cases and myths that you can catch it twice over - the Korean epidemiologists were advising on this back in April ... but no-one took any heed.

Quote Originally Posted by dorabella View Post
    There ere appear to be quite a few 'alternative' opinions that the BBC reporters and MSM don't or wont listen to if these don't fir their pandemic scenarios - Dr Campbell being one of them, others such as Sunetra Gupta, Carl Heneghan et al of the Oxford research group, Karl Friston and the Swedish contingent......I found the current 'revelation' that the tests are in some cases so sensitive that they can test positive having detected traces of dead viral particles in people who have had the virus (often without being aware of it) weeks ago - hence the over-counting of cases and myths that you can catch it twice over - the Korean epidemiologists were advising on this back in April ... but no-one took any heed.
    Likewise, the media now appear to have gone quiet over the alleged cases of CV reinfection which were big news the other week.

Of course, only time will tell if the deaths are likely to start rising significantly again, but so far so good.

Most people, however, seem to agree that we have generally got better at managing the situation likely owing to the lower death rates of late, despite the overall number of cases steadily increasing again over the past two months.

Get a load of this. Vitamin D trial in Spain and our good doctor very excited by the results. I am too, I take 1000 units a day but like he has been saying since about February, why has it been largely ignored?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Ks9fUh2k8&t=6s

Get a load of this. Vitamin D trial in Spain and our good doctor very excited by the results. I am too, I take 1000 units a day but like he has been saying since about February, why has it been largely ignored?
    Because a lot of people are only interested in problems, not solutions.

Same with a lot of other issues in life.

After yesterday's shock rise in cases (almost 3k), I can't help wondering if a second national lockdown might be on the horizon, even though there's been no talk of it so far.

I still can't decide as to whether it would be necessary or if it would be a waste of time.

Having said that, France are currently having it much worse than us and surely someone in their govt admitted earlier today that they (France) currently have no plans to reimpose a full-on national lockdown, despite their cases still being significantly higher than ours ATM.

Ditto for Spain.

Meanwhile, today's cases in Scotland (146) are a bit lower than yesterday's (208), and Wales are 133 today (can't remember yesterday's case count for Wales).

Zero deaths in both Scotland and Wales today.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 07-09-20 at 15:35.

I saw that one on my news feed not long ago. Can't remember which it came from.

They also need to be careful with vitamin D since we can all start mega dosing it tomorrow out of coronapanic since it's everywhere but without vitamin K balance we just increase our risks of greater health problems due to the build up of calcified deposits. The balancing is harder to obtain information about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Brilliant.

A very likely explanation for the lower CV death rates of late, and possibly a less lethal strain of the virus entering circulation, though still early to really tell properly yet of course.

Could very well be one of the factors behind Scotland's lack of CV deaths since June, as they were first in with the mandatory mask wearing in public places in the UK, with England following suit from 24th July.

Mind you, it does seem that the CV death rates are now generally declining in most other countries around the world, which seems promising.
    It's obvious the distance between cases, hospitalisations and mortalities comes from more testing, testing prior to symptoms through tracing, better hospital management, etc. We now have rates closer to the 2% we were told would be the case.

Now we are seeing sharp increases we need to see if that translates into greater levels of worse cases and deaths. Hopefully not.

Is it about demographics or just testing now as we should have been from the start?

Page 141 of 717 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241641 ... LastLast

Thread Information