Page 160 of 717 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260660 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

It’s a virus with which we have no natural immunity to. Yes, everyone is at risk of catching this virus. That being said, there are things we can all do to mitigate that risk and even to lessen our viral loads should we be exposed. Wearing a mask, social distancing, hand washing, avoiding large crowds, etc etc.

Unfortunately for Trump, he has been vehemently opposed to mask wearing and continued to hug, kiss, shake hands, with everyone he came in contact with during this pandemic. He took very few precautions to actually keep himself safe. In my opinion, use common sense and your chances increase dramatically of avoiding serious illness.

Trump is an elderly man, phil. What is dangerous to him may be just a few days with a cold to younger people.

Don't forget people like politicians are at far higher risk than most of us. Why? They spend their lives meeting other people. They can take precautions but the only true way to prevent getting something is not coming in contact with other people. So if it's your shift on the International Space Station you are quids in. If you spend your life surrounded by people, like you retail workers, your risk profile is far higher.

So don't judge your risk based on an elderly man who spends his days with hundreds of people (regardless of him not following his own rules). You might as well judge the standard of healthcare you would get to that of Prince Charles when he had it. Does your doctor turn up in a gold plated Bentley?

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I'm sending him some bleach.
    If that's hair bleach remember not to send it to the hospital he is in. Send it addressed to the store cupboard in the Oval Office where the hair is in a box.

Yes I know he is old that could be a reason. I feel I don’t want to leave the house my wife had a funny turn a few weeks back but also the fact you can end up in hospital with covid in a day has made me fear going out. One of my most common symptoms is the hunger feeling? Often I feel myself burning all the energy worrying all day. Yesterday I stopped worrying for a day and felt fine again but Trump going to hospital set me off again..I now don’t want to go over the door?

No Phil the old narc had contacted it (apparently last weekend) you are fine,do you wear a mask yet?
    Don’t be like Don and not wear one be safe and sensible. You have to go out the door remember you have been wanting to go over to NYC so get planning and don’t fixate on your hunger pangs just have a fry up

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes I know he is old that could be a reason. I feel I don’t want to leave the house my wife had a funny turn a few weeks back but also the fact you can end up in hospital with covid in a day has made me fear going out. One of my most common symptoms is the hunger feeling? Often I feel myself burning all the energy worrying all day. Yesterday I stopped worrying for a day and felt fine again but Trump going to hospital set me off again..I now don’t want to go over the door?
    I think you may have got things a little out of perspective, Phil.

Surely you can't just catch Covid in a single day by simply going beyond your own front door. Most of us are (dare I say it) still far more likely to get killed in car crashes and/or get run over by careless drivers whilst out and about than become infected with Covid. Let's face it, most of us don't live in daily terror of motor vehicles nor insist in their being outlawed.

I do think that the media are milking the current situation with Trump to death (no pun intended), which is to be greatly expected given, for better or worse, he is one of the world's most influential figures ATM. And we can't really compare the Covid situations in the USA and UK like-for-like, in the same sense that gun crime problems, for example, in both countries are like comparing apples with oranges.

Changing the record slightly, I suppose most people will be less inclined to travel around non-essentially as much this time of year. Also the packing onto beaches and into parks en masse will be far less of an issue from now onwards.

I reckon in about 2-3 months time we'll no doubt be panicking about the next 'Beast from the East', which, ironically, could end up being a good case for some kind of lockdowns!!
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 03-10-20 at 11:45.

Stomach issues are part of the "fight or flight" response to anxiety, Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Stomach issues are part of the "fight or flight" response to anxiety, Phil.
    Thanks I have felt this way for days can the fight or flight last days if you have daily anxiety? My worry is this symptom won’t go away? I Duno how I can feel hungry all the time?
    Last edited by phil06; 03-10-20 at 13:22.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Thanks I have felt this way for days can the fight or flight last days if you have daily anxiety? My worry is this symptom won’t go away? I Duno how I can feel hungry all the time?
    Could be a need to comfort eat, also something that’s very common when you feel low.

I don’t know why people flip out when someone in the public eye gets Covid-19. Anyone with a respiratory system can get it. In fact, it’s much more likely that someone that is regularly attending rallies and meets dozens of different people every day will catch it.

Donald Trump is in his 70’s, he’s not exactly lean and fit either so unfortunately he’s in the higher risk category. This virus doesn’t care if you just so happen to be one of the most powerful individuals on earth, it’ll treat you like another place to multiply regardless of your position in society.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Could be a need to comfort eat, also something that’s very common when you feel low.

I don’t know why people flip out when someone in the public eye gets Covid-19. Anyone with a respiratory system can get it. In fact, it’s much more likely that someone that is regularly attending rallies and meets dozens of different people every day will catch it.

Donald Trump is in his 70’s, he’s not exactly lean and fit either so unfortunately he’s in the higher risk category. This virus doesn’t care if you just so happen to be one of the most powerful individuals on earth, it’ll treat you like another place to multiply regardless of your position in society.
    Being honest when Boris was in hospital my heart sank and I felt awful and worried I would catch it too. You always expect celebs to be invincible or politicians.

The hunger thing well often I feel hungry and can’t eat much as I panic too so I can’t win. I feel a constant hunger so it makes me feel weak and like today I have decided to stay in. The more I think about it the worse it gets like yesterday the symptom went away until I heard about Trump. Can it really be anxiety? I have been pondering doing more CBT but Duno if it will help?

Page 160 of 717 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260660 ... LastLast

Thread Information