Page 167 of 717 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267667 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Yeah, apparently that same issue got our state unemployment office back in June. No one had updated Excel in the systems for like 10 years...
    +1 added to the unemployment figures the next day?

Sounds like that dept had opted to remain on a now unsupported package to save bucks. Microsoft are adept at pulling support to force businesses to update. Still crazy though as anyone using Excel beyond the most basic use, certainly in an analytical role, should be well versed in the limits and getting around them

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Most ironic in the sense that the daily 'dashboard' case stats with the previously missing numbers now added are probably now higher than the 'real' daily cases.

Shame on them, in particular for causing the mega-anxious to assume infections are now totally out of control, especially when taken at face value.

At least the dashboard site has at long last come up with an explanation, which has also been reported by the BBC, which might hopefully calm down many who are currently freaking out. Even the likes of the Daily Fail are explaining the situation (described as a fiasco) rather than spewing out the usual OTT scaremongering Armageddon-type headlines!?
    The local stats for me (per 100k) are now wrecked. Very high.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    All because of the Covidiots refusing to stick by the rules.

And not only in your area but nationwide.

Those who will no doubt be protesting against further restrictions are essentially asking for them!!

We're at 49 per 100k.

The way I'm feeling right now I wish Boris would just go the whole hog and do in England what Sturgeon and Co are doing in Scotland, as today 14k cases UK-wide have been announced.

Our Covidiots really need a short, sharp shock right now. Our economy was already screwed before March this year due to the whole Brexit fiasco and relentless austerity for more than a decade. They probably still don't give a flying fig and many don't even care about real politics anymore, but just seem to obsess over petty historical scandals (real or imaginary) involving both Jeremy and Keir, and their perceived lack of charisma over Boris's. Same also for the Lib Dems, who seem just as hated as Labour right now. All for the wrong reasons IMO. And during the latter half of 2008 there was mass outrage over the state of the UK economy (then still under New Labour) due to the GFC, which heavily contributed to their getting booted out in May 2010. Where's the mass outrage right now under the Tories?

The lunatics have well and truly taken over the asylum now!!

I despair with our society right now. It really sucks, even though I hate to say it.

Don't jeopardise your mental health over something you have absolutely no control over, Lencoboy.

Take care of yourself and your parents and zone out from Covid statistics and policies? What benefit/reassurance do you get from any of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    We're at 49 per 100k.
    59 here. 51, 55, 100 and 101 in other areas nearby.

It looks bad but them dumping higher than usual numbers on top will be skewing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    The way I'm feeling right now I wish Boris would just go the whole hog and do in England what Sturgeon and Co are doing in Scotland, as today 14k cases UK-wide have been announced.

Our Covidiots really need a short, sharp shock right now. Our economy was already screwed before March this year due to the whole Brexit fiasco and relentless austerity for more than a decade. They probably still don't give a flying fig and many don't even care about real politics anymore, but just seem to obsess over petty historical scandals (real or imaginary) involving both Jeremy and Keir, and their perceived lack of charisma over Boris's. Same also for the Lib Dems, who seem just as hated as Labour right now. All for the wrong reasons IMO. And during the latter half of 2008 there was mass outrage over the state of the UK economy (then still under New Labour) due to the GFC, which heavily contributed to their getting booted out in May 2010. Where's the mass outrage right now under the Tories?

The lunatics have well and truly taken over the asylum now!!

I despair with our society right now. It really sucks, even though I hate to say it.
    I agree with pulisa.

I would also say not to judge voting groups based on what the media are saying. Every party has very valid reasons to be criticised.

I agree with pulisa.

I would also say not to judge voting groups based on what the media are saying. Every party has very valid reasons to be criticised.
    I do see your point, Terry.

It's more the 'blame game', 'double standards' and 'lack of co-operation/accountability' culture we seem to live in that really does my head in and makes me think 'why even bother with anything?'

The final straw for me has been the PHE counting debacle with their still using the outdated version of Excel and having been caught napping over it, resulting in many missed cases and the sudden inadvertent tripling over the past week, both for real and counting those previously 'lost' cases. Dr JC was really laying into them in his latest video from yesterday.

I suppose with the culture of 'double standards/lack of co-operation/
    accountability/blame game', it 'twas ever thus' in many respects, just that the Internet, and social media in particular, have probably amplified the situation over the past 20 years or so. Especially as we get to hear/read about events several miles away that probably would barely have registered otherwise in the national news bulletins before the 2000s and beyond.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 07-10-20 at 10:18.

So, another day at work in unfamiliar surroundings.

Now, I am sure that the rough throat and nose I had yesterday is simply down to exposure to a lot of dust and dirt the other night.

So why am I absolutely terrified that it's Covid....?

Page 167 of 717 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267667 ... LastLast

Thread Information