Page 174 of 717 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274674 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Sorry to come across as cruel here, but seriously, if you were given an ultimatum between taking a Covid test and the sack, which option would you consider the lesser of the two evils?

P.S, I'm more than prepared to be shot down in flames over this question!
    I would refuse to go to work that's why I am interested to hear if people think COVID testing could become a thing or if when it does it would be maybe saliva based rather than staying off work for lab tests?

I'm sure there would be many people only too willing to take on your job if you were to refuse to go in, Phil. Would it be worth losing your job for the sake of having a test? Are you afraid of the prospect of having a nasal or throat swab?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm sure there would be many people only too willing to take on your job if you were to refuse to go in, Phil. Would it be worth losing your job for the sake of having a test? Are you afraid of the prospect of having a nasal or throat swab?
    I would go on the sick. Someone had a leak in brain and also one got stuck in a lung. I am sorry but I don’t fancy one I read there is new ways to test people so I hope these are options. I hate anybody messing around in my mouth I don’t visit the dentist either.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I would refuse to go to work that's why I am interested to hear if people think COVID testing could become a thing or if when it does it would be maybe saliva based rather than staying off work for lab tests?
    The government have already said they can't force tests and won't. For business to do it opens them up to tribunal cases they won't want. They may do it for professions that present a greater risk as is already the case e.g. you can't do x without a background check.

They will very quickly have to do battle with the civil rights groups.

I don't think you should worry anyway as retail would seem pretty far down the list to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    T-o-T… No, a black sausage, being a European delicacy, wouldn’t be right. But, if you meant black pudding, by ‘eck that’d be mandatory. However, some folks prefer the less well-known white pudding.

And on the subject of full English and answering a previous sneaky suggestion of yours, I shan’t be voting for a certain Mr Fox. I mean, good grief, the bloke has had the back of his hands tattooed!

Thank you to those who ventured an answer to Mr Johnson’s diverse Covid dilemmas.
    Ah ha, thank you for removing the EU stamp trying to replace our home grown delicacy I've never seen white pudding. Is it derived from some form of ingredient? (It's got me thinking about the white dog poo period).

The funny thing about Fox is he's bound to gain more votes than that party of fools that briefly appeared from professional politicians crossing two parties. Anything making those self serving changers look bad is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Here's some white pudding:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_pudding Don't eat it all at once!

Yuk!!

The stuff of 80s school dinner nightmares!!

Haggis, one of its sister dishes, as linked via that Wikipedia article, is absolutely yummy though.

It's amazing you all learned anything. The older British educational system sounds like something from one of those teen dystopian movies/novels.

Nothing wrong with the older British educational system - I went through it and came out unscathed. Schools had discipline, teachers were (for the most part) respected, and teaching was focused and challenging. None of the free-for-all - pupils rights focused- politically-oriented - dumbed down excuse for an education system we are currently operating. Also there was no drugs, no knife and weapons crime circulating in schools, no trolling on the internet, no mobile phones ...... the odd teenage pregnancy was as bad as it got and that was a scandal for which you were usually expelled from school. Detentions were rare but harmless and mostly ensured that schoolchildren toed the line. I do remember the last caning of a pupil which attracted crowds of pupils akin to the mobs around the guillotine (it was behind closed doors of the headmaster's office though..) - very rare event.

School dinners were pretty rotten though - my abiding memories are of unseasoned wet cabbage, rock hard pigs liver, and frogs eye pudding (undercooked tapioca). Yuck!

I agree, Dorabella! There was respect then and fear which wasn't necessarily a bad thing in my opinion. Failing exams was a part of life, no excuses. Exams were on the day and no continuous assessment.

We have all survived and are more resilient as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    It's amazing you all learned anything. The older British educational system sounds like something from one of those teen dystopian movies/novels.
    It wasn't great. Now, transpose that "all that you have learned over the last two years is to be regurgitated into two 3-hour papers" idea into the exams for my first employer - where thirteen weeks of incredibly intense training and learning with weekly exams were put into one big exam and failure meant you were accompanied off the site by security and "terminated", to use their term. People genuinely cracked under the pressure.

Each weekly exam had a minimum pass of 60% except for the safety exam which was 75%. Failure of any of those could also see you frogged off the site. If you were lucky and only failed by a few percent, you might be given a chance to resit it.

Later assessments were continuous.

It was a hell of a shock to a 19 year old, I can tell you.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 17-10-20 at 21:17.

Page 174 of 717 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274674 ... LastLast

Thread Information