Page 182 of 717 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282682 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Dr Campbell explaining why the recent alarmist reporting from the DM et al about antibody longevity, is nothing to be overly concerned about.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awc0bN07Aac

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Dr Campbell explaining why the recent alarmist reporting from the DM et al about antibody longevity, is nothing to be overly concerned about.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awc0bN07Aac
    Jeez, the comments...

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Jeez, the comments...
    Also PM, towards the end of the video. The Oxford/Astrazeneca vaccine produces not only antibodies but memory t-cells. The t-cells are evidence of long lasting immunity. Gary might be along soon, he can explain it better than me

I honestly think it’s utterly bizarre that the media are being allowed to report that long term immunity isn’t possible simply because of waning levels of antibodies. They also aren’t mentioning that the rapidly falling levels of antibodies are showing almost exclusively on those with weaker immune systems anyway. This is expected and has actually been known about for some time.

Again, short term immunity can only be confirmed by repeated examples of reinfection, this, after almost one year of this pandemic, just isn’t happening.

Earlier on I came across something called a "Covid Age" calculator, which once you add in your age and any co-morbidities calculates your risk of dying if you get the virus.

Didn't look good for me - my "Covid Age" was 85+...

Another of my family members caught the virus but they are in England. Should I worry? I guess I am going to hear more people getting it? My auntie got it but she is in Scotland but worked on a care home and now has long COVID. I guess for example living in England is more risky as the virus is more prominent? My family in England stay in Manchester where it’s quite bad? I mentioned my local area had zero cases for one week?

Earlier on I came across something called a "Covid Age" calculator, which once you add in your age and any co-morbidities calculates your risk of dying if you get the virus.

Wow...what a way to ruin the day....very morbid there, PM.

You know a fortune teller that I saw when I was a kid once told me that I was going to die at age 15. I was in a horrible car accident, so she was almost right, but I’m still here to tell about it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I honestly think it’s utterly bizarre that the media are being allowed to report that long term immunity isn’t possible simply because of waning levels of antibodies. They also aren’t mentioning that the rapidly falling levels of antibodies are showing almost exclusively on those with weaker immune systems anyway. This is expected and has actually been known about for some time.

Again, short term immunity can only be confirmed by repeated examples of reinfection, this, after almost one year of this pandemic, just isn’t happening.
    The media want a story Gary and generating fear/bad news gets attention.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Wow...what a way to ruin the day....very morbid there, PM.

You know a fortune teller that I saw when I was a kid once told me that I was going to die at age 15. I was in a horrible car accident, so she was almost right, but I’m still here to tell about it today.
    It's a good reflection of my current mood, Vee. I had planned to stay in my pyjamas all day but a phone call from a friend prompted me to get dressed and fetch a piece of test kit from my storage units - an item he wants so badly he's making a 200-mile round trip just to collect it from me tomorrow. When I got there, the floors of the unit were very wet due to ongoing cleaning and mt first thought was "are they 'deep-cleaning' this? Is this place why there's been a massive spike in cases in my area?" Despite the fact that, you know, it's a storage unit in a remote area and thus likely to have negligible footfall.

Reminds me of that episode of the IT Crowd where Moss punches in Roy's details into an online 'when will you die' calculator to find his death date is Thursday.

Page 182 of 717 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282682 ... LastLast

Thread Information