Page 184 of 717 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284684 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Learned today that I may have been exposed again to the virus.

I'm not sure I can cope with this any more.

Is it better to die on a ventilator or take control of my own destiny in this case?

You're going down a slippery slope here, PM. You gotta stop this negative, fatalistic thinking. It's never over until it's over. You gotta reach deep down and put those a$$-kicking boots on. There are no guarantees in life. You cross each bridge as you come to it.

This disease is not the way I want to die.

And there's no guarantee you're gonna get it, PM. And there's no guarantee that if you get it you'll die. Please keep that in mind. Fight back against the negative thoughts, my friend.

PM, my thoughts went down this route early this year. I kept looking at my sachets of propranolol but I held back and look I'm still here. I'm only a year younger than you, we'll see this out together ok buddy? But PLEASE put those dark thoughts from your mind, your life is precious.

Further discussion this evening revealed my colleague was exposed a full week ago but wore a mask when near the person with Covid. Unless my colleague is still asymptomatic, I may - just possibly - be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    This disease is not the way I want to die.
    Isn’t it best to just not think about how you’ll die? I mean, very few of us are going to die how we want, kind of par for the course really.

You’re not going to die from Covid, PM. Having read your postings over the past few months you’re way too cautious to even catch it let alone die from it.

As I said earlier, I caught it, but I was in a situation that was unavoidable. I knew from early March that one day I would get this virus so part of me now is actually kind of glad to just have it and get it over with.

If I were you I would try to stop reading into the negatives and look at the positives. Treatments now are far and away better than at the start of this pandemic. We are literally weeks away from the first vaccines being rolled out. The true mortality rate is around 0.5% and that’s in those unfortunate enough to contract the illness. Around 35%, regardless of age or co-morbidities, of people contract this virus and are completely asymptomatic.

Your anxiety is running away with itself here and you need to stomp on the flames before they burn out of control.

The mortality rate is 4%, though.

You can study the statistics for hours but it won't change anything and you'd be better off doing something constructive which you enjoy and which would distract you from endless covid morbid rumination.

You've probably already had it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You can study the statistics for hours but it won't change anything and you'd be better off doing something constructive which you enjoy and which would distract you from endless covid morbid rumination.

You've probably already had it anyway.
    If I'd had it I suspect I would not be able to write this to you.

I think the problem is at the moment the media are really going OTT over the current Covid situation, especially over the Imperial College London thing, where Kings College London (and others) are telling completely different stories.

The trouble is, when the press go OTT like this it has a double negative effect, one being the mega anxious and gullible within our society being scared witless by it and feeling obliged to stay shut away in their own homes, and the other being the serial Covidiots shrugging it off as total BS, and inadvertently making them crave their acting 'ard and general rebellious antics all the more.

I did have a butchers at Dr JC's video from Thursday last night about the herd immunity stuff and his belief that the media have been spewing out a lot of misinformation and scaremongering about the possibilities of Covid-19 herd immunity only being short-lived by a few months, as he said something about T-cells from the original SARS CoV-1 epidemic in 2003 (which was way more lethal than Covid-19 but was thankfully curtailed speedily before escalating into a fully-fledged global pandemic) still showing immunity to said virus now, some 17 years later, plus also immunity to the current Covid-19 virus.

He said lots more, but I found that video quite reassuring, and that's the most optimistic I've heard him sound for a few weeks right now.

It was also mentioned in the news yesterday that the UK-wide R-rate has dropped again by another notch this week, to 1.1-1.3 (vs 1.2-1.4 last week) which is another silver lining.

Page 184 of 717 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284684 ... LastLast

Thread Information