Page 187 of 717 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287687 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

PM, there are going to be a lot of positive cases in the beginning. That's how this works. Then, as people start following the lockdown measures, like wearing masks everywhere, the cases start decreasing. As I told Phil in the other thread, in beginning of July, my county with 3 million + people had a positivity rating of 9.6% when we went back onto lockdown #2. Now we've gotten it down to a 3.2% and are easing our lockdown measures. It does help once everyone has no choice but to wear a mask and do things outside.

Just thought I'd drop a reminder in here about vitamin D. Our Dr Campbell was again stressing the vital modulating role it plays in the immune system's reaction to infection. And with northern Europe once again plunged into it's winter gloom, we aren't getting much if any from sunlight. Vit D supplements have never been more important than now. I'm taking 2000iu a day.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    PM, there are going to be a lot of positive cases in the beginning. That's how this works. Then, as people start following the lockdown measures, like wearing masks everywhere, the cases start decreasing. As I told Phil in the other thread, in beginning of July, my county with 3 million + people had a positivity rating of 9.6% when we went back onto lockdown #2. Now we've gotten it down to a 3.2% and are easing our lockdown measures. It does help once everyone has no choice but to wear a mask and do things outside.
    You’re in SoCal, right AV? My parents are there for the winter - they have a place in Palm Springs. Escape from the nasty cold Midwest winters lol! Where I’m at we’re hovering right around 9% positivity. We do have a mask mandate in place but it’s just not enforced. No stores ask you to leave if you aren’t wearing one, etc. it’s unfortunate, we might at least get a handle on this thing if everyone could just do the bare minimum and wear a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    You’re in SoCal, right AV? My parents are there for the winter - they have a place in Palm Springs. Escape from the nasty cold Midwest winters lol! Where I’m at we’re hovering right around 9% positivity. We do have a mask mandate in place but it’s just not enforced. No stores ask you to leave if you aren’t wearing one, etc. it’s unfortunate, we might at least get a handle on this thing if everyone could just do the bare minimum and wear a mask.
    So Covidiots aren't just a UK phenomenon, contrary to popular belief; they exist the world over!

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Yes, GG. I'm in Socal, in Orange County, one of the counties that borders San Bernardino County where your parents are at. I don't blame them for going there. The midwest blows, especially the winters! Yeah, the mask mandate has to be enforced. I mean there have been a few stories on the news about people being jerks and threatening employees (one guy knocked over some tables at a Subway) because the employees wouldn't serve them without a mask, but most of all it's been good.

What we're struggling with is impromptu mass gatherings and making sure the masks stay on there. For example in Beverly Hills, there was a huge crowd of hundreds of Trump supporters this weekend, most with no masks on. And lots of outdoor bars had too many people crowd in last weekend when the Dodgers won the world series. For awhile, the hardest hit groups in our area were Latinos/ex because they're a big sector of our emergency workers and Pacific Islanders because they are a big sector of our health workers...but the last week has seen a rise among white people, so they're trying to figure out what that's about now. One of our cities with a lot of white people sent kids back home to online learning, after they had too many cases trying to go back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    So Covidiots aren't just a UK phenomenon, contrary to popular belief; they exist the world over!
    That's what I was trying to say earlier LB. No country is alone in this, we're all going through this, trying to find the best way to still live life and keep infections down. We all need to learn from each other versus "every person for themselves."

Dr Campbell with an emotional broadcast, I can't help but agree with everything he says.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKI78fzBGD0

When I went shopping on Thursday it was back to the ghost town of the original lockdown. This tells me a hell of a lot of people are out shopping went they don't need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    When I went shopping on Thursday it was back to the ghost town of the original lockdown. This tells me a hell of a lot of people are out shopping went they don't need to be.
    My morning commute along the A1 doesn't seem to be any different, but it is still quieter than it was before Lockdown 1.0 - which is a joy. No more sitting in a jam near Stevenage any more!

I haven't really noticed much difference in the traffic since Lockdown 2.0 and there are loads of people out and about. Interesting how many "essential services" shops are open..I can't understand why garden centres are allowed to trade? It doesn't seem fair when they have so much Christmas stuff for sale yet smaller shops have to close. They should stick to horticultural products in my opinion.

Page 187 of 717 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287687 ... LastLast

Thread Information