Page 193 of 717 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293693 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Just watched Dr Campbell's latest broadcast where many viewers had asked him why he doesn't ventilate his room more often. He said because there's no need as he lives on his own. I always assumed there was a Mrs Campbell but it appears not. I was sufficiently saddened to send him an email though I doubt he'll get time to read it.

Well today's cases have suddenly jumped back up to 18k (11k yesterday) after almost a week of consecutive daily falls, though probably just a blip and not quite 'yikes' territory IMO.

The two most likely reasons could very well be due to counting problems reported in NI yesterday, and more people getting tested UK-wide over the latest 24-hour period compared to yesterday, rather than a sudden surge in actual infections.

Oh bugger, someone who plays football (soccer) with me has tested positive. 20 of us played on half a full size pitch Monday. He developed symptoms Tuesday.

What are my risks? I can't for the life of me remember touching him, but it was hammering it down with rain - if that helps at all?!?!?

Did you social distance or wear a mask?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Oh bugger, someone who plays football (soccer) with me has tested positive. 20 of us played on half a full size pitch Monday. He developed symptoms Tuesday.

What are my risks? I can't for the life of me remember touching him, but it was hammering it down with rain - if that helps at all?!?!?
    How close were you all? I'm assuming no team bath...

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    How close were you all? I'm assuming no team bath...
    No team bath fortunately.

We all observed social distancing before playing/training, and we followed protocol by taking temperatures/form filling before starting. Obviously we run around together on the pitch, with some tackling and mild physical contact. I don't recall having much interaction with the player diagnosed tbh, but it's hard to remember everything during a kickabout.

I'm no expert but I would have thought that the odds were in your favour, Mr L. You were outside and had no prolonged contact-if any-with the affected player.

I know the waiting game is horrible but it's something you've got to get through. Have both teams been told to self-isolate?

I agree with pulisa. There is no definite answer without a test but it's unlikely in light of so little contact. If you are unsure what you need to do contacting the NHS for advice is perhaps a way forward if advice on whether to self isolate hasn't been communicated (would have thought they would advise this).

No, it was just like a training session of my team.

The guy who tested positive hasn't been contacted by track and trace yet, so just waiting on the advice / guidance from that. I'd imagine they will say the whole team needs to self isolate.

But the rules don't seem very consistent, someone I know who worked a few hours in an office with a positive case was told not to self isolate because they all wore masks!?

I've got quite a low temp of 36.2 this morning which is weird because I felt quite warm! Not sure if that's anything to be concerned about.......

Well this week's overall R-rate is 0.9-1.0 for the first time since the beginning of August, which is very encouraging.

Cases are also quite a lot lower today (16,022) compared to last Friday which were 20, 249.

Page 193 of 717 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293693 ... LastLast

Thread Information