Page 194 of 274 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2739

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

  1. #1931
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    2,970

    Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    No, it was just like a training session of my team.

    The guy who tested positive hasn't been contacted by track and trace yet, so just waiting on the advice / guidance from that. I'd imagine they will say the whole team needs to self isolate.

    But the rules don't seem very consistent, someone I know who worked a few hours in an office with a positive case was told not to self isolate because they all wore masks!?

    I've got quite a low temp of 36.2 this morning which is weird because I felt quite warm! Not sure if that's anything to be concerned about.......
    The rules are that you carry on unless you start to show symptoms. If you do show symptoms then you self isolate & get a test.

    I know itís a worry, but youíre probably ok.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #1932
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,602

    Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

    I really can't see the point in the anti-lockdown protests in central London today, especially as this current second lockdown will technically be ending on Wednesday. Just seems daft, bizarre and a total waste of time IMO. Also cue cases starting to edge up again in a fortnight's time!!

    I would have thought they would have happened in the run-up to the 5th November (the date this second lockdown started) if they had to happen at all.

    Nevertheless, I was half expecting the BLM brigade to start kicking off again in central London (and other major cities) today over the police brutality incident in Paris the other day, but so far so good.

  3. #1933
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    24,924

    Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

    Why isn't anyone kicking off over Santa getting arrested? I can understand him being angry what with all these different tiers and rules to abide by.

    Make sure you leave some hand sanitizer next to your mince pie and sherry this year.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 01-12-20 at 17:21. Reason: Typo
    __________________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For free Mindfulness resources, please see this thread I have created to compile many sources together http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168689

  4. #1934
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,602

    Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

    Cases appear to have edged up slightly over the past two days (13k today) and the lockdown still hasn't even ended yet.

    I wonder if it's just a blip or people just can't be bothered to stick to the rules any longer?

    I've noticed both the antivaxxers and vaccine doubters are really starting to stick the knife in now. The latter group in particular are convinced that either the vaccines probably won't work and/or the infrastructure simply isn't there to administer them, plus implications concerning logistics and costs.

    These aren't my words/views BTW, they are those of the serial pessimist know-it-alls with agendas.

  5. #1935
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    24,924

    Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

    The % success rate is bound to change as they scale up the numbers. This is one reason to be sceptical about small polls (think politics) as they are based on narrow populations. But a larger trial will bode well and one with a decent number of candidates per age group. But how it affects the compromised might be complex because many studies like to remove the dirty data (think antidepressants). If the trials have included various conditions then there is something to go on.

    As long as % effectiveness doesn't drop too much or if it does a nice clause to demand a refund.
    __________________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For free Mindfulness resources, please see this thread I have created to compile many sources together http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168689

  6. #1936
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    24,924

    Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

    Im thinking a couple of weeks more in tier 3 and my city should be ok. Our reduction rates are about a 3rd of the diagnosed cases. The downward trend is good but not quite as sharp as the national one.

    People are kicking off because we are lacking knowing when we might move tier. So they will assume post Christmas and that will do some serious damage to the pub trade that relies on this period. But opening that up will just see it skyrocket again so higher tiers, 3rd lockdown, etc. Just life until we get a vaccine out.
    __________________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For free Mindfulness resources, please see this thread I have created to compile many sources together http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168689

  7. #1937
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,482

    Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I've noticed both the antivaxxers and vaccine doubters are really starting to stick the knife in now. The latter group in particular are convinced that either the vaccines probably won't work and/or the infrastructure simply isn't there to administer them, plus implications concerning logistics and costs.
    A point raised by Hilary Benn in the Commons today.

  8. #1938
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,602

    Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Im thinking a couple of weeks more in tier 3 and my city should be ok. Our reduction rates are about a 3rd of the diagnosed cases. The downward trend is good but not quite as sharp as the national one.

    People are kicking off because we are lacking knowing when we might move tier. So they will assume post Christmas and that will do some serious damage to the pub trade that relies on this period. But opening that up will just see it skyrocket again so higher tiers, 3rd lockdown, etc. Just life until we get a vaccine out.
    Trouble is, it's a catch-22 situation where the authorities are simply damned if they do and damned if they don't.

    And the ones who aren't complying with the rules on mask wearing, social distancing etc will no doubt be the first to moan and groan if we end up having a third lockdown in the New Year.

    Plus they're probably also the ones who will decline the vaccines (more through ignorance and 'can't be bothered'-ness rather than siding with the antivaxxers and serial conspiracy theorists).

    And if they end up testing positive they will be denying it's their own fault and blaming the authorities instead!!

  9. #1939
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,602

    Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    The % success rate is bound to change as they scale up the numbers. This is one reason to be sceptical about small polls (think politics) as they are based on narrow populations. But a larger trial will bode well and one with a decent number of candidates per age group. But how it affects the compromised might be complex because many studies like to remove the dirty data (think antidepressants). If the trials have included various conditions then there is something to go on.

    As long as % effectiveness doesn't drop too much or if it does a nice clause to demand a refund.
    Well there was a thread on Digital Spy last week about all brand new motor vehicles having to be electric by 2030 and there were a few know-it-alls on there with similar doubts about all of that and piping up with stuff like 'what about the logistics of it all', 'EVs simply aren't reliable enough', 'There simply isn't the infrastructure available for recharging the vehicles', 'The govt are taking right liberties', etc.

    For heaven's sake, that's not for another 10 years at least, so plenty of time to come up with the goods in order to make it feasible.

    If the deadline had been in say, 2022, I think that might have been overdoing it a bit in such a short space of time.

    I do reckon that a lot of people just don't like change, period.

    Having said that, we've all switched from old-fashioned CRT analogue TV sets to the newer digitalised flat-screen sets over the past 15 years or so without batting an eyelid!!

  10. #1940
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    24,924

    Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

    __________________
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For free Mindfulness resources, please see this thread I have created to compile many sources together http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=168689

Page 194 of 274 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 18 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 16 guests)

  1. Gary A

Similar Threads

  1. Surgery during COVID
    By ErinKC in forum Coronavirus / COVID-19
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16-05-20, 21:30
  2. Covid and the economy
    By Noivous in forum Coronavirus / COVID-19
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 13-05-20, 13:18
  3. Period discussion thread.
    By Missjensen in forum Female health issues
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 29-01-19, 22:13
  4. Claire Weekes discussion thread
    By Ryukil in forum General Anxiety / Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-03-16, 13:15
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18-05-14, 22:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •