Page 201 of 717 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301701 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    And this is the point I'm trying to make to Matt - it is the secondary schools that are the major problem. Can't be the pubs round here, they're all shut!! I expect we'll remain in Tier 3, and I can see places like Essex going into Tier 3 as well.
    I do really understand what you're saying, I'm just not sure closing the schools is the answer.
    If it's the secondary schools and they close, what will the kids do? Go out in groups to lots of public places etc
    Keep them all in one place (schools) and restrict their activities outside school maybe?
    It's just so frustrating to me when adults can't do what they're told and the kids of the adults aren't set that example.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I don't really understand why the secondary schools can't just finish for the holidays now. What difference does a week make in terms of education? i should imagine most schools are on a countdown to Christmas with "fun" lessons anyway. I don't buy the "it will affect their mental health" argument.

I reckon anyone who actually has a long term and serious mental health issue won't stand a chance of getting help on the NHS post Covid. I'm really worried for my children.
    Agree..... They should of closed them a week before half term just gone and now to give a little circuit breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    We had a call at 11.30 to collect ASAP. My lad came out crying as he really enjoys school which was horrible to see and all after having six months off during the summer.

Is your daughter in Junior or senior school Scass?
    She’s junior. I had a call to collect ASAP too and she was also sad as she loves school. We’re in SE London and it seems there are cases everywhere at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a very dry throat today could I have covid or is it one of those seasonal things going around?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I don't really understand why the secondary schools can't just finish for the holidays now. What difference does a week make in terms of education? i should imagine most schools are on a countdown to Christmas with "fun" lessons anyway. I don't buy the "it will affect their mental health" argument.

I reckon anyone who actually has a long term and serious mental health issue won't stand a chance of getting help on the NHS post Covid. I'm really worried for my children.
    It would have seriously affected my mental health...I would have been ecstatic! I don't remember many who didn't cheer when the snow drifts came and the boilers broke. :shrugs:

I can understand your concerns for yours. It's going to create more backlogs. But some services have been up and running for months like in our case.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It would have seriously affected my mental health...I would have been ecstatic! I don't remember many who didn't cheer when the snow drifts came and the boilers broke. :shrugs:

I can understand your concerns for yours. It's going to create more backlogs. But some services have been up and running for months like in our case.
    Ditto here Terry.

Just like you, my immediate response back in the day would have been 'Hurrah'!!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Agreed. Corbyn isn't known for swift action either.

Just imagine if social media and the online news had been around through previous national emergencies? It would wall-to-wall complaining (well, that would perhaps be if the public had turned into what they are now).
    I often wonder the same about what would have happened had social media and the Internet in general been around during past major crises.

I reckon had Corbyn and Co won last December's GE they would have been slaughtered over this pandemic situation even more so than BoJo and Co, and both BoJo and Nigel Farage would have been in cahoots with each other demanding another snap GE this year and there probably would have been all kinds of scaremongering BS fairy tales doing the rounds online about Corbyn being in secret cahoots with China, Russia and other (perceived) 'pariah' states and rumours of 'germ warfare'!

I could be wrong of course, but I'm just going by what seems to be populist opinion.

It sounds like Essex and London may now progress into Tier 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I often wonder the same about what would have happened had social media and the Internet in general been around during past major crises.
    Something like this?

https://www.gocomics.com/tomthedancingbug/2020/12/11

Oh dear, apparently we now have a variant Covid19. Covid21 here we come.

Page 201 of 717 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301701 ... LastLast

Thread Information