Page 203 of 717 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303703 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Apparently quite normal. Don't panic.
    Personally I'm not bothered, what I am bothered about is I remember what we were all told at the start of the pandemic by our government and how quickly things escalated.

I think Matt Hancock was foolish to make such a dramatic announcement during the HoC session this afternoon. There' been a lot of damage limitation reassurance from the virologists ever since. Probably designed to shock people into taking note though?
    I thought exactly the same Pulisa. Why announce it at all? Other than to stoke fear perhaps and get us all to be more careful over Christmas?

What do people think about Christmas and the "amnesty"?

I think Matt Hancock was foolish to make such a dramatic announcement during the HoC session this afternoon. There' been a lot of damage limitation reassurance from the virologists ever since. Probably designed to shock people into taking note though?
    A bit of both, I think. First to kick the arses of the non-believers one more time (trouble is, they're too stupid to change their ways) but also, to give the hospitality sector in London a chance to wind down although of course this nation of drunks will still have people getting hammered on the night of the 15th.

Sometimes I think we deserve the plague that has been visited upon us.

Stupid idea: the mass ignorance of the rules over Christmas if it hadn't been put in place would have been breath-taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/sensible-compassionate-anti-covid-strategy/

Great article above..one of the best I've seen. I live in zero fear of covid. Nada, nil, nothing, zero, zilch, zip. No mask here. No social distancing (which BTW is an oxymoron). I don't wipe surfaces and only wash my hands when they're dirty. I saw a girl in a coffee shop recently who looked like a pinball trying to stay clear of other people lol. Poor thing was terrified out of her teets. Anyway, your CF (covid fear) will do you far more harm than the virus itself will. Covid really isn't that dangerous. For every 1000 people who get it about 2 succumb to it. That ain't a lot folks.

N
    Although I do share your zero fear of covid-19, personally I have been truly sickened by peoples attitudes here in the UK.
    I don't think people here in the UK have the attitude of there isn't a virus, they've had the attitude of "I can't be bothered" or resist missing out on a habitual activity, whilst myself and the majority have done our absolute upmost to protect others.
    This isn't a pop at you Novious, but due to things being done wrong by governments and the public we are now relying on these vaccines when so much is unproven and we're struggling to gain more fact.

I think the government have caved in under the weight of the expectation of cultural conformity tbh. Possibly bearing in mind that too many will want to share their Xmas puddings with family and the fact they'll just do it anyway. For myself, its a commercial exercise I won't miss and certainly not worth the risk of spreading covid.

The plebs won't get it right whatever you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    A bit of both, I think. First to kick the arses of the non-believers one more time (trouble is, they're too stupid to change their ways) but also, to give the hospitality sector in London a chance to wind down although of course this nation of drunks will still have people getting hammered on the night of the 15th.

Sometimes I think we deserve the plague that has been visited upon us.
    I don't think the threat of the plague nor even (dare I say it) the threat of a full-on World War Three would defeat the 'non-believers'!!

Then we could have the proud honour of proclaiming 'I told you so' when the s**t really hits the fan for them!!

Trouble is, the Covidiots are no longer 'shocked' into taking note of anything anymore, 'cause they think they're so invincible and 'ard!!

Page 203 of 717 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303703 ... LastLast

Thread Information