Page 21 of 717 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121521 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Lol, thank you, Terry You have moved up in the empire

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    The "vulnerable" and the elderly are being exterminated like vermin in care homes. The official government figures are 10,000 "unexplained" deaths so the real number is probably triple that. The demonisation of old people has been going on for a long time, they are portrayed as useless eaters, a burden on society and the healthcare system. Now, these sociopaths are using this fake virus to murder as many of them as possible under the false pretense of "protecting" them.
    Have you just accused carehome workers of murdering old people, Hollow? Because if the virus is fake, the only other way they could be murdered is by the carehome staff.

Or is Bill Gates creeping in the window of care homes at night with a pillow?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Have you just accused carehome workers of murdering old people, Hollow? Because if the virus is fake, the only other way they could be murdered is by the carehome staff.

This is an example of why we're in the predicament we're in.....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Porters I like; very fond of single-hop IPAs (Oakham Citra being my favourite) and unfined beers (Mad Squirrel $UMO) but also, thanks to a heatwave in Paris I discovered cherry lambics, and lambics in general. If you want sour, try Mort Subite Oude Kriek which is sour beyond belief - but once you've tried it, you want more...
    Pamplemousse, that's not Oakham in Rutland by any chance? A lovely little place not far from me set in rolling countryside. Loads of history like the UK possesses And not far from that you have Rockingham Castle perched at the top of a stunning vale, built by William the Conqueror no less Not on his own of course, he had a couple of labourers and someone to make the tea.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Pamplemousse, that's not Oakham in Rutland by any chance? A lovely little place not far from me set in rolling countryside. Loads of history like the UK possesses And not far from that you have Rockingham Castle perched at the top of a stunning vale, built by William the Conqueror no less Not on his own of course, he had a couple of labourers and someone to make the tea.
    The very same - except Oakham Ales's brewery is actually in Peterborough Yes, I've heard of Oakham in the past.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post

That's what you're saying, not Hollow.

11,000 elderly people have died as a result of "not being prioritised" and through lack of funding and care. The UK Govt is responsible for this and has serious questions to answer.

Protecting the old and vulnerable, my arse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52721737

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    There's a company in Kings Lynn called Beers Of Europe which occasionally has MS Oude Kriek in stock. Bit pricey, but worth a look. At the moment, they have Timmermans's Oude Kriek in stock - give it a go!
    Funny thing, Mr. Iris is into his homebrew and recently bought a kit from Beers of Europe.

I like your suggestion, but I got too enthusiastic too quickly and put in an order from Beer Gonzo - you wouldn't expect to find one of the UK's best beer shops in Coventry, much as I love the place, but I'm not complaining. Some of the prices are a bit shocking but you can find the good stuff at an affordable price if you don't mind something new.

Picked myself up a bottle of 3Fonteinen's 2018 Gose, but the real star buy was a couple of bottles of Tynt Meadow. It's the UK's only Trappist ale, it tastes incredible and if you can source it, it's cheap as chips.

Sorry for derailing, but I'm enjoying this conversation more than the arguments right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Funny thing, Mr. Iris is into his homebrew and recently bought a kit from Beers of Europe.

I like your suggestion, but I got too enthusiastic too quickly and put in an order from Beer Gonzo - you wouldn't expect to find one of the UK's best beer shops in Coventry, much as I love the place, but I'm not complaining. Some of the prices are a bit shocking but you can find the good stuff at an affordable price if you don't mind something new.

Picked myself up a bottle of 3Fonteinen's 2018 Gose, but the real star buy was a couple of bottles of Tynt Meadow. It's the UK's only Trappist ale, it tastes incredible and if you can source it, it's cheap as chips.

Sorry for derailing, but I'm enjoying this conversation more than the arguments right now.
    Do any of you go to the beer festivals? I know people who've been to Germany for them, my brother did many years ago and said it was great, but I've done a few of the local ones years ago. My first when I was at sixth form college...those evil little bottles of Duvel

My brother loves some good ales so I always get him a few for birthdays and Christmas. The winter warmer ones are good with caramel, chocolate, rum, etc notes to them.

Closer brewery to me is Titanic.

We go to local beer festivals, Terry, but Cov has plenty so we don't often leave the city.

Our local brewery is Twisted Barrel, and under non-lockdown conditions we go there every other Saturday. They usually have a good variety of their own and guest brews - they used to skew quite heavily towards the IPAs (not my favourite) but their range is better now, and their mild is a thing of wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    That's what you're saying, not Hollow.

11,000 elderly people have died as a result of "not being prioritised" and through lack of funding and care. The UK Govt is responsible for this and has serious questions to answer.
    You’re an expert at deflecting for this idiot KK.

At no point have I said that the UK government have done anything like a good job in care homes, quite the contrary, and yes, serious questions should be asked about how they weren’t prioritised.

How the hell do you equate that to being murdered and a virus being used as a cover? Which is what Hollow said. He did not say anything like what you’ve put fourth to defend him.

I know you like indulging in a few whacky theories yourself but why you’d defend that statement is beyond me. In fact, how about letting tin foil hat boy speak for himself?

Page 21 of 717 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121521 ... LastLast

Thread Information