Page 235 of 717 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    That's certainly true, Phill. All we are really doing is playing a balancing game between infection and economy.

The trouble is we all need to do it or it just starts up again as people cross borders.

Yes, tier 5 is next. They might as well just call it lockdown and be done with it. It's probably more so it doesn't sound as bad. Now it's hitting the seat of power they are careful, up here they would just tell us to suck it up.
    A full lockdown should have happened from Boxing Day onwards IMO.

Surely most of us are skint this time of year anyway, so much less inclined to max out on mammoth shopping sprees, pub crawls, you name it.

Restrictions should never have been relaxed over Xmas

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    It seems that money is more important than mere mortals.
    In the UK it definitely is - as it would seem to be in the US where around 7% of the population has now had it.

I read today’s news and it’s lots of depressing stories about people 40 catching it and dying. It’s a new year but hard to be positive as nothing has changed at the moment there is vaccines but we can’t see the end of the pandemic of the affects of the vaccine yet. Has anybody got a positive take on things?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I read today’s news and it’s lots of depressing stories about people 40 catching it and dying. It’s a new year but hard to be positive as nothing has changed at the moment there is vaccines but we can’t see the end of the pandemic of the affects of the vaccine yet. Has anybody got a positive take on things?
    I think we need to realize that the stories of people 40 catching and dying from Covid are rare. I know they seem excessive because that’s the sensationalist headlines that afford clicks to the media. If these cases were in abundance, the media couldn’t keep up with them all. That’s why we don’t see so many stories of the elderly catching and dying from Covid.

It’s also important for us to realize that all lives, regardless of age, are important. The vaccine is on the horizon and a return to some semblance of normalcy - while this time last year we didn’t even have that.

May be time to step away from the news, Phil. Get a better perspective on things.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    I think we need to realize that the stories of people 40 catching and dying from Covid are rare. I know they seem excessive because that’s the sensationalist headlines that afford clicks to the media. If these cases were in abundance, the media couldn’t keep up with them all. That’s why we don’t see so many stories of the elderly catching and dying from Covid.

It’s also important for us to realize that all lives, regardless of age, are important. The vaccine is on the horizon and a return to some semblance of normalcy - while this time last year we didn’t even have that.

May be time to step away from the news, Phil. Get a better perspective on things.
    This is true but I don’t get out much like most people these days. On social media there is a debate about bed capacity and the media day it’s running out and a doctor said it’s below last few years so it’s confusing. I can step away from the news and social media is more skeptical. I mean it’s who do you believe? I mean I have seen headlines about younger people dying of flu this time of year but I have read flu doesn’t seem to be around much due to mask wearing. But like France had high cases and they managed to bring it under control that’s what’s frustrating I wish the UK could keep a lid on this until the vaccines come. Europe wants to go slower on vaccination which rules out a holiday there this year. I also read Israel has vaccinated 12% of population already so some countries are going faster some slower. I mean the US has been told it’s going too slow to. We have been told 2 million a week and the Oxford one comes Monday. I believe we have vaccinated 1 million of 65 million people so far.

Social media is almost worse than the news.

We’ve been dealing with lack of hospital bed space over here for the last several months. It gets better in some areas and worse in others. I think we’re all just hanging on as best we can until it’s our turn for the vaccine.

I do agree the rollout is much slower than anticipated. For you all, the introduction of the Oxford vaccine may help speed things up as it doesn’t require the special storage that the others do. Only time will tell.

Julia Hartley Brewer has...Remember that tweet she posted? Nobody "much" dies under the age of 60..do they? Have things changed now? Surely not?

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post

Very wise words GG.

It's still only the very first day of 2021 after all.

Our Oxford AZ vaccine starts here on Monday, so let's just take each day as it comes over the next 2-3 months at least and wait and see how things pan out, before jumping to foregone conclusions and prematurely writing this year off.

In the meantime, we need to give all upcoming anti-Covid measures a chance, whether vaccines, tighter restrictions, you name them, even though it's all far easier said than done.

Yes.
    It’ll get better, but probably not for a few months.
    But also, maybe unfollow news sources on social media because they are adding to your anxiety. Also, if you are going to read the news choose 1 (not a tabloid) and stick to it. But also think about whether you really need to read all the news? A lot of it is speculation at the moment, and the daily figures are depressing. Why not do something else instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 235 of 717 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast

Thread Information