Page 237 of 717 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Yeah that last bit is really odd. Was watching some epidemiologists on TV over here a couple days ago saying it’s really not recommended to mix the vaccines as there have been no trials done on that so no way to know the efficacy. I’m kind of surprised they’re considering mixing them TBH.
    It boils down to "Get back to work you scum, our backers are getting worried their property portfolios will soon be worthless and Boris is worried he won't be popular if he has to make more use of the police against demonstrators or order a full lockdown"

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    It boils down to "Get back to work you scum, our backers are getting worried their property portfolios will soon be worthless and Boris is worried he won't be popular if he has to make more use of the police against demonstrators or order a full lockdown"
    Well like I've said before, Labour have been voted out for far lesser things in the past and why can't Boris just accept that at some point in the future he and his fellow cronies simply have to concede to the inevitable.

And ironically, it seems to be those on the right who are the most anti-police, and generally the most vocal and angry nowadays, unlike back in the 70s, 80s and even the early 90s, the police were heavily hated by those on the left. There was a scene in an early-ish episode of 'The Bill' from around the mid-80s era where a school headteacher was very dismissive towards Chief Supt Brownlow, either over some kind of community crime prevention programme at the time or a girl from that school who had been reported missing and Brownlow responded cynically with something like 'Well, let's look forward to seeing some of your pupils partaking in the next riot then', as he was departing the headteacher's office.

Sorry to digress off-topic but that scene was in an episode from either 1985 or 1987.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 02-01-21 at 18:53.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Yeah that last bit is really odd. Was watching some epidemiologists on TV over here a couple days ago saying it’s really not recommended to mix the vaccines as there have been no trials done on that so no way to know the efficacy. I’m kind of surprised they’re considering mixing them TBH.
    This is what it actually says:

Previous incomplete vaccination
    If the course is interrupted or delayed, it should be resumed using the same vaccine but
    the first dose should not be repeated. There is no evidence on the interchangeability of the
    COVID-19 vaccines although studies are underway. Therefore, every effort should be made to determine which vaccine the individual received and to complete with the same vaccine.
    For individuals who started the schedule and who attend for vaccination at a site where
    the same vaccine is not available, or if the first product received is unknown, it is
    reasonable to offer one dose of the locally available product to complete the schedule. This
    option is preferred if the individual is likely to be at immediate high risk or is considered
    unlikely to attend again. In these circumstances, as both the vaccines are based on the
    spike protein, it is likely the second dose will help to boost the response to the first dose.
    For this reason, until additional information becomes available, further doses would not
    then be required.
    Individuals who are participating in a clinical trial of COVID-19 vaccines who present for
    vaccination should be referred back to the investigators. Eligible persons who are enrolled
    in vaccine trials should then be provided with written advice on whether and when they
    can be safely vaccinated in the routine programme

Unfortunately the only way to slow Covid down is to go into full lockdown fot at least 28 days.
    Until that happens you're just wasting your time trying to control it.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

The suck it and see approach then...

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Unfortunately the only way to slow Covid down is to go into full lockdown fot at least 28 days.
    Until that happens you're just wasting your time trying to control it.
    Hi Phill, I do agree. But I also agree that areas with very low cases shouldn’t necessarily be treated the same way.

I do wish they’d just make a decision though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    The suck it and see approach then...
    Yes, but only for those with greater risk. Either that or they get nothing. So back to damned if you do and damned if you don't. Switch it to don't bother and the media would just attack from that angle instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Hi Phill, I do agree. But I also agree that areas with very low cases shouldn’t necessarily be treated the same way.

I do wish they’d just make a decision though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. My city has just gone into tier 4 and today our reduction on the previous week has increased from a 3rd to 50%. It's only showing a downward trend so it's going to be a hard sell staying in higher tiers.

Agreed. My city has just gone into tier 4 and today our reduction on the previous week has increased from a 3rd to 50%. It's only showing a downward trend so it's going to be a hard sell staying in higher tiers.
    Any kind of reduction right now Terry is brilliant news. This is what we all need to be doing and I still think the great majority are following the rules. Though I have been reading today about mass day trips to Snowdonia and the like.

thats really interesting. I’m not a scientist so I don’t have much input on that but maybe the two mRNA vac’s being based on that synthetic spike protein might make them interchangeable? Will be interested to see the studies that come about for that!

Page 237 of 717 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast

Thread Information