Page 239 of 717 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Do you think once all at risk people get the vaccine will they care if healthy people catch it and spread it? Will it be seen as the flu is today?

Of course they'll care if healthy people catch it. It's more severe than the flu, even to healthy people with no underlying medical conditions. Hopefully, everyone will get the vaccine, not just people with underlying conditions.

I don't understand how you come up with some of these questions. I'm not trying to insult you, but I really don't understand your thought processes. What are you most afraid of?

In some of Phil’s posts, I get the feeling he really needs structure - and the freedom to not be “restricted” in the things he likes within his structure. I think many of his difficulties are coming from not having the freedom to do the things he is used to being able to do - travel, visit shops, etc. And I think because no one can for sure give an end date to these restrictions, he can’t make a plan for moving forward with normal life. I think the lack of a plan also is disruptive to his structure and routine.

I could be way off, but that’s the way many of Phil’s posts come across - so Phil I apologize if I’m incorrect. My brother struggles with this to some extent - he is autistic (pretty low-functioning though) and his daily routine has been shot to hell during Covid. He doesn’t like or understand why he can’t do some of the things he’s used to doing.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    In some of Phil’s posts, I get the feeling he really needs structure - and the freedom to not be “restricted” in the things he likes within his structure. I think many of his difficulties are coming from not having the freedom to do the things he is used to being able to do - travel, visit shops, etc. And I think because no one can for sure give an end date to these restrictions, he can’t make a plan for moving forward with normal life. I think the lack of a plan also is disruptive to his structure and routine.

I could be way off, but that’s the way many of Phil’s posts come across - so Phil I apologize if I’m incorrect. My brother struggles with this to some extent - he is autistic (pretty low-functioning though) and his daily routine has been shot to hell during Covid. He doesn’t like or understand why he can’t do some of the things he’s used to doing.
    Yeah I mean my gran is housebound as she is very old so her routine has never changed. As someone who is quite active enjoys a good social life a holiday cinema anything as a hobby not doing it it’s very difficult for mental health. I have a friend who likes the gym and he can’t go so he’s struggling. Some people don’t do much maybe work visit the supermarket so to them it’s not a big issue. I think most would agree if you have anxiety doing some distraction or a nice hobby helps take your mind off it other than books and movies and the internet what can you do at home?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yeah I mean my gran is housebound as she is very old so her routine has never changed. As someone who is quite active enjoys a good social life a holiday cinema anything as a hobby not doing it it’s very difficult for mental health. I have a friend who likes the gym and he can’t go so he’s struggling. Some people don’t do much maybe work visit the supermarket so to them it’s not a big issue. I think most would agree if you have anxiety doing some distraction or a nice hobby helps take your mind off it other than books and movies and the internet what can you do at home?
    Yes, and it exposes a crutch in your life too. Healthy becomes unhealthy when it's an obsession, when you can't do without it.

I learnt this lesson in my 2nd year when upon returning to work I threw myself into it big time. It worked..until it overwhelmed me eventually.

Later after walking daily no matter how bad the weather (yep, you would see me doing miles on Xmas day and wading through snow drifts in winter) I learned again how easy it is to make the healthy unhealthy.

If you can't change, cant adjust, your beliefs are too rigid for a reason. You can do so much without a gym unless you are a proper powerlifter type.

Do you have a partner Phil? Is taking walks or playing board games, doing puzzles, etc something that you all enjoy? Perhaps introducing some structure into your days would help? Mondays are movie night, tuesdays game night, etc? Assuming you still work during the day. I don’t know if that would help or not. But even if the structure isn’t what you’re used to, and what you really want to be doing, any type of daily structure might be good for you?

Do you think once all at risk people get the vaccine will they care if healthy people catch it and spread it? Will it be seen as the flu is today?
    Yes, this will care. Why? Businesses care about millions of sick days lost. Governments care that sick days hit the economy.

The immediate action is to protect the vulnerable and prevent hospitals being overwhelmed. But reducing those able to spread it is also very important, something the vaccine doesn't stop, by isolating it until it dies out is also very important.

Businesses do care about flu. It costs them many millions every year. It costs the NHS millions every year. So one good thing that might come out of this is a change in our attitude towards colds & flu? To be fair that's difficult because a couple of colds a year is enough to put yourself on the capability monitoring pathway to the sack...

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Trouble is that can change in an instant.
    Todays news from OZ re England
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/coron...a7850401ed7559
    Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    It can change. We’re living through it and with it and it’s scary and sh1t.
    I’m trying not to read newspapers at the moment! I can’t get into that link though.

Glad your cases are going down Terry, it’s weird that you’ve moved up a tier though - but also proves the tiers are working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Your local authority is probably just erring on the side of caution ATM Terry, which is currently in line with the rest of Staffs, despite Stoke being counted separately, due to it being a unitary authority.

Well let's hope that after next week things might steadily start changing, not just due to the new OAZ vaccine plus further Pfizers all being rolled out from tomorrow onwards, but also due to the newer Tier 4 restrictions across almost three quarters of England inadvertently starting to have an effect.

Fingers crossed!
    The decision is at odds with what the county council leader stated after the news broke and the numbers themselves. For instance, the media state a small decrease in my city which is a nonsense looking at the BBC site which shows a consistent 3rd drop in recent weeks to a half last week. But if you use the same post code prefix to look at the other areas the drops are small, bob up & down or simply keep increasing.

So, in the absence of a better statement from the council it must be as you say that it's caution. Anything less than tier 3 and it just falls apart. I'm just surprised they didn't stay with tier 3 which is working for us. Tier 4 will only improves things further.

Sorry, Phill, cant see the news due to the paywall.

This whole thing is getting very scary now
    I remember when it first come out thay people said it would disappear in warm weather. But when hot countries got it we knew that wasnt true
    Has anyone here got the new UK or SA strain? Not that thr symptoms is anu worse than the original version
    Media attengion in my country is saying much about the hidden mental health crisis but we dont have the resources. Our best doctors and nurses emigrated

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Dr C has a contact in France who says the French media are not mentioning the Oxford vaccine at all. Politics? The EU has apparently ordered 400M doses, shall we just take them back?
    Probably. Just like the little stunt timed just right to stop traffic into France whilst stranding his own citizens over here as he let them leave.

Page 239 of 717 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast

Thread Information