Page 250 of 717 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

It’s more likely that a dog walker needs to sew up the hole in their pocket or some poor sod with no sense of direction is now wondering around the countryside trying to find the trail home

That went well. Daughter just came home to pick up some clothes. She's been stopping with friends for about 4 days, it was my opening windows and wearing masks indoors that drove her there by all accounts. Now I've done just the same again and she probably hates me now. But she shouldn't have gone there, I told her it was breaking the rules. This is why the cases are so high, because people like me and my daughter thinking 'oh its only us'. How many other families say exactly the same? She'll likely never speak to me again but these rules are in place for a reason.

She's gone back there and will come home on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Oh blimey..Sorry, Vee...Too slow to see your response...
    Just teasing you, P. Great minds think alike

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    That went well. Daughter just came home to pick up some clothes. She's been stopping with friends for about 4 days, it was my opening windows and wearing masks indoors that drove her there by all accounts. Now I've done just the same again and she probably hates me now. But she shouldn't have gone there, I told her it was breaking the rules. This is why the cases are so high, because people like me and my daughter thinking 'oh its only us'. How many other families say exactly the same? She'll likely never speak to me again but these rules are in place for a reason.

She's gone back there and will come home on Friday.
    Oh, don’t be like that. Kids get butt hurt all the time when told no. She’ll get over it

How do you feel about her coming back on Friday though, Fishman? After being in another household?

Maybe you can chat to us about other stuff which is non-Covid related though?

How old is your dog and what breed is he/she? I have 2 guinea pigs and they are demanding divas! I think having pets can really help with anxiety and stress in general.
    Our dog is a Border Collie who is 8 years old. His name is Smokey.

How do you feel about her coming back on Friday though, Fishman? After being in another household?
    Anxious Pulisa. Though I need to reign in my anxiety as that's what drove her over there apparently. So how ironic that a situation created by my anxiety could potentially give rise to another situation causing even greater anxiety. And Mrs F chipping in with 'you've kept me up here' etc blah blah. Oh the joys of life.

Coronavirus: Morrisons to ban shoppers who refuse to wear face masks

Morrisons will bar customers who refuse to wear face coverings from its shops amid rising coronavirus infections.

From Monday, shoppers who refuse to wear face masks offered by staff will not be allowed inside, unless they are medically exempt.

The announcement comes amid concerns that social distancing measures are not being adhered to in supermarkets.

Beware the "medically exempt" loophole though. GPs need to crack down and be consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Anxious Pulisa. Though I need to reign in my anxiety as that's what drove her over there apparently. So how ironic that a situation created by my anxiety could potentially give rise to another situation causing even greater anxiety. And Mrs F chipping in with 'you've kept me up here' etc blah blah. Oh the joys of life.
    Mrs F can leave her bedroom whenever she wants to.

Why would your daughter want to come back on Friday though? She should stay put where she is surely? She wouldn't have to contend with your anxiety which frustrates her so much and she could be independent and please herself. She can't just chop and change houses when it suits her.

Page 250 of 717 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast

Thread Information