Page 253 of 717 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Bugger me, supermarket managers to do what they should have months ago; grow a pair and challenge customers.

The most I experience is announcements playing whilst managers carry on as normal. Although the Tesco worker wearing a keep your distance t-shirt whilst standing half a metre away from a maskless shopper mate was just

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Exactly. Tell her to stay there.
    +1 from me. Her choice, her consequence. Sorry to be blunt about your daughter, Fishman, but I think your health is the only importance here.

As for the irony of anxiety leading to more anxiety, just the norm really. Environmental factors we often can't control or resolve so do your best and reduce your reactions to stop adding to it with unnecessary feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    I didn't mean people from East Sussex buying disability lanyards, they just flout the rules and pay no attention.

The disability lanyard and being bought easily is wrong and should only be given out like a blue badge for a car.
    Trouble is, the pandemic would be over before your local council had issued them.

Charities have been allowing badge downloads since last March-ish. Trust system so well open to abuse. I think it should have been issued by your GP but back then you had more chance of finding the Holy Grail than you did a GP...

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Trouble is, the pandemic would be over before your local council had issued them.

Charities have been allowing badge downloads since last March-ish. Trust system so well open to abuse. I think it should have been issued by your GP but back then you had more chance of finding the Holy Grail than you did a GP...
    Down here the application has to be signed by a GP and the transport dept has to approve them.
    Pretty quick process.
    The wife and I both have them.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

I am sooooo envious about your daughter Mr. Fishman

If I did not have agoraphobia I would not live with my parents. They do not want to understand my condition. They only think I am weird and lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Down here the application has to be signed by a GP and the transport dept has to approve them.
    Pretty quick process.
    The wife and I both have them.
    We were struggling just to get hold of a GP for any reason earlier on in the pandemic. They just rammed the shutters down and wouldn't see anyone no matter what. At one point they sent paramedics to us when it was obviously a chronic issue.

GPs were doing different things when NHS guidance was clear e.g. 2 surgeries I know of had differences between who was classed at risk.

I would have little faith in their ability to respond to such a large scale event to issue passes. It was a mess for months getting repeat medications. Your way is the right way, I just don't think it would happen here...

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Bugger me, supermarket managers to do what they should have months ago; grow a pair and challenge customers.

The most I experience is announcements playing whilst managers carry on as normal. Although the Tesco worker wearing a keep your distance t-shirt whilst standing half a metre away from a maskless shopper mate was just
    I agree Terry, the supermarkets in this country have been far too soft.

As for their being scared of abusive customers, they should have stopped playing tight and employed more security personnel. After all, the supermarkets are mostly the ones making the money at present, so surely they can afford to splash out on a bit of extra security for the sake of keeping us all safe.

There's talk in the air of extending the social distance to 3m. With or without masks?

Given most people have no idea of 2m... saying to people "think of it as the other side of your bedroom" will not compute.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    There's talk in the air of extending the social distance to 3m. With or without masks?

Given most people have no idea of 2m... saying to people "think of it as the other side of your bedroom" will not compute.
    You could be right about it probably not registering with a lot of the thickos of this country, but on the other hand, I guess every little might help (no Tesco pun intended)!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    You could be right about it probably not registering with a lot of the thickos of this country, but on the other hand, I guess every little might help (no Tesco pun intended)!
    Sainsbury's are now also at it with refusing entry to maskless customers.

Page 253 of 717 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast

Thread Information