Page 258 of 717 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Do you feel safer self-isolating even though you aren't required to? I'd just say be careful, Fishman, because you don't want to incarcerate yourself for no reason. Getting out and about must be very therapeutic for you? You don't want to be stuck in one room ad infinitum which could happen out of fear..

Fish you know our situations are similar in many ways with family, last March I watched the news and thought if I left the house I’d be dead within the week , after two weeks I thought sod it and went back to working but being more carful taking as few risks as possible but still having a life , things have got worse I must admit now my daughter is having chemotherapy which means no immune system but she has moved away found a new job and is living her life which I drilled into her when she was diagnosed, our daughters are adults so we can’t make their decisions for them they have lives of their own which at that age they don’t want to put on hold especially when none of us know when this will end , I’m higher risk having asthma and my partner is also high risk but had we just shielded for the last year it would have been a complete waste of our lives , I didn’t see my mum for a couple of months last year because of covid and now she’s gone anyway so I might as well of carried on going to see her .
    I not saying go out as if nothing is going on but still live just try to be carful how much contact you have with people , you’re trying to control the uncontrollable.
    Take care mate and don’t fall out with your daughter over it .

Very wise advice from Buster. You will never be able to control this situation and it's not worth the pain of falling out with your daughter.

Covid has caused enough distress already. Don't let it break your family up because you all need each other more than you think. It's horrible being isolated and alone when you don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    The person (your daughter) who was in direct contact with someone who tested positive has to self isolate as you've said, but you don't.
    oops Now this is embarrassing, I should have read the rules through more carefully. Oh well at least I now know what its like for Mrs F. So were these rules changed then? I know they cut 10 days back to 7.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    oops Now this is embarrassing, I should have read the rules through more carefully. Oh well at least I now know what its like for Mrs F. So were these rules changed then? I know they cut 10 days back to 7.
    I only know because my son had to self isolate after a pupil in his class tested positive, but myself and Partner didn't have to.

I only know because my son had to self isolate after a pupil in his class tested positive, but myself and Partner didn't have to.
    Right thanks Matt. Just looking at the NHS self isolation rules, if you've been told to isolate by test and trace, they're saying 10 days. The message on my daughter's phone says 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    Fish you know our situations are similar in many ways with family, last March I watched the news and thought if I left the house I’d be dead within the week , after two weeks I thought sod it and went back to working but being more carful taking as few risks as possible but still having a life , things have got worse I must admit now my daughter is having chemotherapy which means no immune system but she has moved away found a new job and is living her life which I drilled into her when she was diagnosed, our daughters are adults so we can’t make their decisions for them they have lives of their own which at that age they don’t want to put on hold especially when none of us know when this will end , I’m higher risk having asthma and my partner is also high risk but had we just shielded for the last year it would have been a complete waste of our lives , I didn’t see my mum for a couple of months last year because of covid and now she’s gone anyway so I might as well of carried on going to see her .
    I not saying go out as if nothing is going on but still live just try to be carful how much contact you have with people , you’re trying to control the uncontrollable.
    Take care mate and don’t fall out with your daughter over it .
    Yes you're right Buster, I need to get a grip. There's other things going on too right now, my Dad getting nose bleeds and shaky, which I only found out through his home help. I think these might be to do with his jab. Mrs F's crohns has been very active lately and she phoned the hospital. They said she had a 1 in 3 chance of contracting covid if she was admitted. Then Mrs F's long time friend who has terminal cancer. Other than that its been quiet.

Right thanks Matt. Just looking at the NHS self isolation rules, if you've been told to isolate by test and trace, they're saying 10 days. The message on my daughter's phone says 7.
    No worries Fish. How odd on how many days, in November my boy had to self isolate for 14 days and I knew it had changed to 10 days in December, but never heard of it being 7, that doesn't sound long enough or correct to me.

Probably because they've established the contact with the infected individual was three days prior: colleague of mine at work was contacted by T&T and told to isolate for six days.

No worries Fish. How odd on how many days, in November my boy had to self isolate for 14 days and I knew it had changed to 10 days in December, but never heard of it being 7, that doesn't sound long enough or correct to me.
    No I can't find where it says 7 days either Matt. I reckon I'm being told porkies.

Page 258 of 717 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast

Thread Information