Page 268 of 717 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

There's an NHS official just knocked, asking if they can store their stock of the Pfizer vaccine in our house.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Throwback to RP. You pronounce it as though there's an "R" after it and again, it can be seen as a shibboleth.

See also: bath, castle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pronun...the_new_long_A
    Ohh, okay, I see. That makes sense now. To me, when you some of you say "ma'am", it sounds very similar to "mum" to my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    This is pure brilliance, but must come with a very big NSFW warning for rudeness!!! As pronunciations are being talked about............

https://youtu.be/5LQYMil8D04
    See, as an outsider, this is what cracks me...how much time you all spend arguing over pronunciations and how passionate you get over. You're super stoic, but then as soon as this subject comes up, that stoicism flies out the window LOL

And yes, when I went to the UK, I'm sure my "positivity" and friendliness annoyed the crap out of some people LOL

I will try posting this again

We need to have an open debate there will be people who don’t have this vaccine and they could ban people from stuff https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rticle-9156901 I don’t want an anti vaccine or pro vaccine debate but if this did happen I am genuinely concerned about my own mental health and others. I had a friend with lockdown feel suicidal thoughts. A two tier society where people are banned from stuff it’s very scary. I know I have mentioned this loads but it’s a very serious issue and this is a mental health forum. Never in history have we seen any disease see people banned from stuff. I know how divisive this issue is like masks but I wish people would listen if I did not take this vaccine and I was banned I can’t tell you how low I would feel about not being able to go anywhere. I don’t know why society cant accept a small amount may not want this vaccine and leave people be sorry for the rant but feel it’s important I don’t want to see people isolated in society due to the way we live in the 2020’s which seems to be banning censoring and closing down president accounts. I honestly feel the best of life was in the past as today really sucks?

hopefully people can be kind about how I feel right now and understand it’s a struggle with lockdown I spend time worrying about the future and worry about health anxiety and life in general. I wish I had a laid back attitude but like most of my family have a negative outlook on covid so it’s hard to see a positive or take my mind off it?

Phil, what do you want us to tell you that hasn't already been said? The vaccine will be a requirement to do somethings in life from now on. Sorry that's not the way you wanted it, but that's what's gonna happen. So in my view you have two choices: you can continue to dwell on it and worry about something you can't change or you can realize that you can't change that reality and focus on things in your life you can do something about.

You probably will see my post as being "harsh" but isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome?

You need to engage in some hobbies to take your mind off of what's going on with covid. This pandemic sucks and being on lockdown sucks, but distraction is all we can really do at this point.
    Last edited by AntsyVee; 17-01-21 at 19:07. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Phil, what do you want us to tell you that hasn't already been said? The vaccine will be a requirement to do somethings in life from now on. Sorry that's not the way you wanted it, but that's what's gonna happen. So in my view you have two choices: you can continue to dwell on it and worry about something you can't change or you can realize that you can't change that reality and focus on things in your life you can do something about.

You probably will see my post as being "harsh" but isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome?

You need to engage in some hobbies to take your mind off of what's going on with covid. This pandemic sucks and being on lockdown sucks, but distraction is all we can really do at this point.
    Ok worst case here I am worried I will lose my job if I don’t have a vaccine end up isolated banned from pubs holidays or ever enjoying life again. I wouldn’t be the only one as anybody who refuses is the same is that fair and would my life be worth living? You say it will be a requirement but again you have no fact or no what any country will do so how is what you say helping? Why didn’t we ban people from pubs with Spanish flu then? I honestly believe it’s that’s are in a new age of leftism politics and if you don’t comply you are silenced. In the UK we have a conservative government yet they the most left wind Labour government of all time.

It’s been pointed out yellow fever or vaccine requirements for schools that’s fine if the covid vaccine is a requirement to be a nurse or something that’s fine but if they make it a requirement to live your life that’s compulsory vaccines by the back door. It takes away any “free will”

I talk to a nurse on my dog walk and she’s now working giving out vaccines or as she puts it “ jabbing people “ her dad currently has covid and her sister is just getting over it , we talked about people not wanting it for different reasons including the chip in the vaccine which seems unlikely given the bottles being clear and the size of the needles , all babies get jabs when they’re born and very few people turn it down because they’d rather not have the ill , I get a flu jab each year and again no one really has a major issue, these vaccines seem on the face of it to have been rushed through but the people developing them have been working on them for decades it’s just a new variant , I’ll get one when my turn comes .
    Now , I’m looking for some data if anyone can help , I’ve found some graph paper and I’d like to make a graph to send to the BBC ( if only there was some sort of computer type thing that could do this ) I’d like the exact numbers of people who’ve not had covid in the last 24 hours , also how many haven’t died , been admitted to hospitals, also how many people got better after covid in the last 24 hours , also how many people went insane reading the figures about covid in the last 25 hours , I’m ok for felt tips but could do with a spare red one incase I mine runs out .

Again, what do you want us to say Phil? It seems like all you want to do is come on here to whine about the fact that you might have to get a vaccine, and when we agree and say, "Yes Phil, you might want have to get a vaccine to do some things" then you ask "how are we helping?" I'm sorry that I don't agree with you that getting a vaccine is a big deal or see it as a way that your lifestyle might end. And from the previous responses you have on here, I'd say that most people agree with me. Are you just waiting around posting on this for someone to commiserate with you?

Here's an idea for a distraction: Go paint your trash cans some pretty colors. Maybe if they were colorful, the neighbors might not see fit to tag them up. It will take care of the graffiti and give you something to do.

I don’t believe in micro chipping or the vaccine I refused the TB jab at school I had to hide away to avoid it as they forced me and it causes trauma to this day. I want freedom choice whats the point in life without free will?

Page 268 of 717 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast

Thread Information