Page 275 of 717 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

You can have Bieber back, wobblehead...we don't mind

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Your dad is trying to help you manage your anxiety, as Ierry says. You don't need to monitor daily fluctuations or worry about puzzling anomalies. You won't have any better control of your anxiety or of the national situation. Concentrate on your own mental and physical wellbeing and let the "experts" come up with the goods? Limit your intentional exposure to data which frightens you but which you feel you have to keep tabs on..You don't
    "Lerry"?!!! Slurred typing, definitely a sign of a Babycham or two

Pulisa, I think it was you who recently mentioned how mental health is a get out clause for some?

So today with have actor Lawrence Fox pulling the anxiety card. This guy spends far too much time fighting with others and sticking his neck out in political issues for me to ever buy that...

Fox is just attention-seeking.

I understand the denizens of Twitter have had a lot of fun with his recent "I am exempt" stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Wouldn’t matter what the jab was for I wouldn’t want it. I don’t like any jabs and I feel a virus with a 98% survival rate I would rather not have the jab. I have many fears but I don’t find it comfortable to discuss them in detail. I am gearing up for court fights if my life is restricted and I would sell my house if need be to fund it given I was quoted 30k for a high court case.
    Hi Phil,

We all have fears, but the vaccine doesn’t seem to be hurting people.

You might find that without the jab you may have to keep staying at home for a bit longer, but hopefully covid will eventually die down and you can go about your life again.

But think, if you sell your house to fund some kind of court case (that you probably won’t win) to allow you to live your life, then you will have no money left to actually live your life.

I know you don’t want to talk about your reasons, but Phil, you would consider selling your house instead of taking a vaccine that MILLIONS of other people are taking. It would maybe take an hour out of your day and then you could go back to planning a trip abroad.

No one will force you to take the vaccine, it remains your choice. But if companies or countries decide that you must have it before you visit them, then that’s their choice and you will need to respect it just like you expect people to respect your choice. It would help them to prevent another lockdown.

I know this post won’t help you at all, but I thought I should take some time to reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Pulisa, I think it was you who recently mentioned how mental health is a get out clause for some?

So today with have actor Lawrence Fox pulling the anxiety card. This guy spends far too much time fighting with others and sticking his neck out in political issues for me to ever buy that...
    Yes I absolutely loathe people pulling the anxiety card...because it belittles those who truly suffer. Truly suffer..not dabble with the odd wobbly moment and class it as a mental health issue.

Sorry Terry/Lerry...My keyboard needs a deep clean!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

He’s a d1ck. I expect his offers of work are drying up but he’s enjoying the notoriety.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Hi Phil,

We all have fears, but the vaccine doesn’t seem to be hurting people.

You might find that without the jab you may have to keep staying at home for a bit longer, but hopefully covid will eventually die down and you can go about your life again.

But think, if you sell your house to fund some kind of court case (that you probably won’t win) to allow you to live your life, then you will have no money left to actually live your life.

I know you don’t want to talk about your reasons, but Phil, you would consider selling your house instead of taking a vaccine that MILLIONS of other people are taking. It would maybe take an hour out of your day and then you could go back to planning a trip abroad.

No one will force you to take the vaccine, it remains your choice. But if companies or countries decide that you must have it before you visit them, then that’s their choice and you will need to respect it just like you expect people to respect your choice. It would help them to prevent another lockdown.

I know this post won’t help you at all, but I thought I should take some time to reply.

You are correct I may have to stay at home a little longer until it dies down a bit that’s what I am thinking. I’ve not been to England in almost a year now usually I travel. There’s lots of stuff like maybe testing/social distancing I could do instead I always believe they may offer a negative test in place of a vaccine for some places not sure if anybody agrees? But yeah I mean we know in the summer numbers will be low. Some people catch it even with the vaccine so we may hear of covid winter. I hope we get to a stage they can treat it like they do with flu and it’s very minimal distribution. At the moment there is no time scale when I can live my life as normal again. My hope is each day now gets better if X number are vaccinated I hope we never see 60k cases in the UK again when they lift things. And yes I may have to take the vaccine at a worst case scenario but my hope is an oral one would be available by then or at least a single dose one.

Phil, trust me - it's no good pinning your hopes on to something that may never happen with regards to vaccines (and other medications), or even cannot happen for biological reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Phil, trust me - it's no good pinning your hopes on to something that may never happen with regards to vaccines (and other medications), or even cannot happen for biological reasons.
    In 2020 we had no vaccines or clarity I do believe 2021 when things open we can plan life again and make plans people can plan weddings ect I hope this is what happens. And when things open they stay open. With 2020 stuff opened closed again now I believe we will see more clarity and hopefully an end to things. I mean nobody knows what will happen so far but I hope over the next few months we have the answers

Page 275 of 717 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375 ... LastLast

Thread Information