Page 282 of 717 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I agree with you wholeheartedly that too many people aren't following the rules and think this whole affair is a jolly joke and they're invincible.

But it's not just the UK, and I agree this country has its problems and our govt have certainly been weak in their handling of the Covid situation, but I do feel as though the UK is once again being unfairly singled out as the laughing stock of the world, when people in other countries are also deliberately failing to adhere to the Covid rules, but as per usual, the UK gets it in the neck the most!
    I agree LB. Certainly on the vaccination roll out nobody is laughing at us, we're ahead of the pack. And the reasons why some countries have fared better than others are multi layered. Its not just about behaviour. Australia is a vast country geographically but relatively small population. The UK by contrast is way smaller with about 68M people or so. Also the UK is a hub for international air travel, though I see Priti Patel is saying we should have closed all our borders last March. Slightly late now.

On a lighter note...

My car is having to self-isolate at the garage where a mechanic has just tested positive and the whole place has immediately shut down. The car can't be released without a negative covid test...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    On a lighter note...

My car is having to self-isolate at the garage where a mechanic has just tested positive and the whole place has immediately shut down. The car can't be released without a negative covid test...
    LOL Pulisa

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    On a lighter note...

You've not been using red diesel have you Pulisa? I've read the current car covid test can detect such a crime!

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I agree LB. Certainly on the vaccination roll out nobody is laughing at us, we're ahead of the pack. And the reasons why some countries have fared better than others are multi layered. Its not just about behaviour. Australia is a vast country geographically but relatively small population. The UK by contrast is way smaller with about 68M people or so. Also the UK is a hub for international air travel, though I see Priti Patel is saying we should have closed all our borders last March. Slightly late now.
    I agree with you about the vaccine rollout, but sadly, despite that, many still seem to gleefully revel in trumpeting how crap we are with nearly everything in general, but like I've already said, basically every country in the world has its specific strengths and weaknesses, but sadly many of us Brits ourselves seem to revel in the latter and still continue to look to countries like Spain with rose-tinted specs and still stand by the myth that their quality of life is far superior and fairer compared to ours, often despite evidence to the contrary.

And this is the first time I've actually ever agreed with anything Priti has said, despite being almost a year too late!

But of course Bozzer didn't want to deprive his die-hard voters of their beloved ritual foreign holidays and risk economic collapse, which would have been inevitable whatever the event and regardless of who was in power.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 20-01-21 at 16:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I agree with you about the vaccine rollout, but sadly, despite that, many still seem to gleefully revel in trumpeting how crap we are with nearly everything in general, but like I've already said, basically every country in the world has its specific strengths and weaknesses, but sadly many of us Brits ourselves seem to revel in the latter and still continue to look to countries like Spain with rose-tinted specs and still stand by the myth that their quality of life is far superior and fairer compared to ours, often despite evidence to the contrary.

And this is the first time I've actually ever agreed with anything Priti has said, despite being almost a year too late!

But of course Bozzer didn't want to deprive his die-hard voters of their beloved ritual foreign holidays and risk economic collapse, which would have been inevitable whatever the event and regardless of who was in power.
    We are a laughing stock, and the reason we've had to be efficient with rolling out the vaccine is because it is now our only option as the whole thing has been a complete and utter balls up from day one.

Relationship with daughter is positively glacial now. Anyone here thinking about having kids? Don't.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    We are a laughing stock, and the reason we've had to be efficient with rolling out the vaccine is because it is now our only option as the whole thing has been a complete and utter balls up from day one.
    What about France, vaccine wise?

But then again many of the French so far have been relatively unethusiastic about being vaccinated period, and notorious for believing in a lot of the CT and antivaxx nonsense!

Yes Priti Patel said it at the time (early last year) about closing the borders, but was overruled. But then the WHO told everyone to keep flying.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    You've not been using red diesel have you Pulisa? I've read the current car covid test can detect such a crime!
    As far as I was aware the diesel I bought was politically neutral...

Page 282 of 717 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast

Thread Information