Page 287 of 717 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I did media studies and we studied why they put dramatic stories in the newspaper but it was around 14 years ago so a bit vague. I also worked in a health food store so know about good medicines for anxiety but that was same time as college. And yes I could write about my time abroad but I find it difficult as right now it feels I will never get abroad again I mean I know that’s rash but that’s my worry. I did sort of go into travel blogging on Twitter but I got bored I actually use to run my own forums 15 years ago too but again I got bored of that. I purchased a keyboard in March lockdown and I also got bored of that too
    Anxiety feeds off boredom though. Is there anything that you don't get bored of quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Books are escape for me Phil. What kind of genre would you like? Thomas Hardy 'Far from the Madding Crowd'? 'The Grapes of Wrath' by John Steinbeck? You can leave the real world behind.
    They are an escape for me too, Fishman.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Books are escape for me Phil. What kind of genre would you like? Thomas Hardy 'Far from the Madding Crowd'? 'The Grapes of Wrath' by John Steinbeck? You can leave the real world behind.
    I have some autobiography’s which are gathering dust I got them about 5 Christmas ago. I have managed to read some anxiety books too.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Anxiety feeds off boredom though. Is there anything that you don't get bored of quickly?
    Work to be honest. I think that’s the only time I feel normal. At home I just find too much time to google and look at news. Social media too.

So do some volunteer work. I have a lot you could do if you're willing...

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Work to be honest. I think that’s the only time I feel normal. At home I just find too much time to google and look at news. Social media too.
    I thought you said that you didn't like working though?!

My son is the same re work. He is completely lost at home without a work schedule and tends to ruminate on all his insecurities.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I thought you said that you didn't like working though?!

My son is the same re work. He is completely lost at home without a work schedule and tends to ruminate on all his insecurities.
    I moved jobs a year ago to another branch so work is a little better. I struggle to keep busy to be honest most nights I feel anxious and need to try and do relaxation each night. I think COVID is the reason as it’s a daily issue. Some people can distract from it but I struggle.

You never let yourself relax from covid when you watch the damn news 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    You can, yes. I’ve actually bought quite a bit of fun fabric and sewn masks - what feels like hundreds of masks lol - and donated them to friends and family, and local organizations that were having problems getting masks during the start of all this. Now the masks are easier to find so I haven’t had to sew anymore. And I have to say, I’m enjoying sewing for fun again rather than for necessity!!
    Nice work!

Hi Phill06

I'm sorry to read about your anxiety but I think you are very selfish. Everybody here has a problem with anxiety but are very kind to hep you but you only give reasons why you cannot be helped. I am amazed that you are able to work. Many persons here want to work but cannot work because of bad anxiety. So I think your anxiety is not so bad as you pretend it is. Maybe you enjoy to complain I dont know. I think I saw your username on anothet forum also. How do you find the time ti write so much? It is not good for your anxiety and it is not fair on another persons here. I am sorry about your poor wife and work colleagues also. Please have more consideration for other people and stop writing trash or I will have to block your posts.

Page 287 of 717 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast

Thread Information