Page 29 of 717 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129529 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Their "claim" and "conclusion" says the same thing with a little play on words. FullFacts.org is not impartial, they're funded by Google, Facebook and George Soros.

Right now, the NHS guidance for Medical practitioners to certify cause of death is:

"if before death the patient had symptoms typical of COVID19 infection, but the test result has not been received, it would be satisfactory to give ‘COVID-19’ as the cause of death, tick Box B and then share the test result when it becomes available. In the circumstances of there being no swab, it is satisfactory to apply clinical judgement."

So, if a person who already has serious underlying health conditions is gasping for breath before they die then the the cause of death can be recorded as covid-19 since having breathing difficulties is also a covid-19 related symptom. This basically means any death can be labelled as covid-19.
    Good gosh, I often wonder what sources actually do count as 'impartial' and 'reliable' these days?

The trouble is, a lot of those that have been trusted by many for eons now seem to be discredited and written off by the so-called 'know-it-alls' of this world, often in order to justify their own egos and delusions of grandeur.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Good gosh, I often wonder what sources actually do count as 'impartial' and 'reliable' these days?

The trouble is, a lot of those that have been trusted by many for eons now seem to be discredited and written off by the so-called 'know-it-alls' of this world, often in order to justify their own egos and delusions of grandeur.
    LOL very true! Unfortunately, that strategy seems to be working for them.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Yes, unfortunately I know that name.

I didn't even get involved with the Top Trump thread. There's only so much ignorance I can fight a day.
    I find it exasperating that you have to go through that level of prejudice Antsyvee. Our GP is Jewish but he took early retirement on health grounds. The best GP I've had easily and he's left a huge gap at that surgery. And no he wasn't hell bent on world domination either.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I find it exasperating that you have to go through that level of prejudice Antsyvee. Our GP is Jewish but he took early retirement on health grounds. The best GP I've had easily and he's left a huge gap at that surgery. And no he wasn't hell bent on world domination either.
    Thanks, fishman. Unfortunately, anti-Semitism is alive and well. As the Jewish population shrinks, outside of Israel, there are a lot of people who don't know anyone who's Jewish. And as you know, if you don't know anyone who's of a certain race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc., it's a lot easier to believe stereotypes and prejudices about them.

Then there's the Israel factor. After WWII, you had a group of people that were ravaged by genocide. Many of them didn't want to stay in places were often their neighbors had turned against them, and other countries refused to let them in, so they went back to the only place they felt they had a chance. I can't blame my people for their mass immigration there. But as you all know, the hardliners and extremists in Israel haven't made life easy on their Palestinian neighbors. In someways, they have put in place the same exclusionary policies that they were trying to escape from in other places.

There are many Jews such as myself that are in favor or a two-state solution. But that doesn't seem to matter to those who are prejudiced. I've had many times where as soon as I've mentioned I'm Jewish, I'm told how horrible I am because of Israel's policies. Oh, and that I kill Palestinians. Apparently, I'm to blame for those, even though I've only ever lived in the US.

But hey, it's better than the "you killed Jesus" I've gotten in my own country, so I guess I can't complain too much, right?

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Thanks, fishman. Unfortunately, anti-Semitism is alive and well. As the Jewish population shrinks, outside of Israel, there are a lot of people who don't know anyone who's Jewish. And as you know, if you don't know anyone who's of a certain race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc., it's a lot easier to believe stereotypes and prejudices about them.

Then there's the Israel factor. After WWII, you had a group of people that were ravaged by genocide. Many of them didn't want to stay in places were often their neighbors had turned against them, and other countries refused to let them in, so they went back to the only place they felt they had a chance. I can't blame my people for their mass immigration there. But as you all know, the hardliners and extremists in Israel haven't made life easy on their Palestinian neighbors. In someways, they have put in place the same exclusionary policies that they were trying to escape from in other places.

There are many Jews such as myself that are in favor or a two-state solution. But that doesn't seem to matter to those who are prejudiced. I've had many times where as soon as I've mentioned I'm Jewish, I'm told how horrible I am because of Israel's policies. Oh, and that I kill Palestinians. Apparently, I'm to blame for those, even though I've only ever lived in the US.

But hey, it's better than the "you killed Jesus" I've gotten in my own country, so I guess I can't complain too much, right?
    It's the sweeping generalisations that get to me, the pigeon-holing of people into boxes and sticking a label on it. I'll confess I've caught myself thinking that way occasionally, I suppose its human nature to identify with your 'social group' or 'identity' but those are constructed by ourselves. Like race, nationality, religion, sexuality etc etc. On a purely biological level, human beings are all the same species anyway, we all came out of Africa before spreading across the globe. Mixed race children would be sterile if we weren't, correct me if I'm wrong.

I have a gay brother-in-law, my daughter has had two boyfriends, both Nigerian the second of which was a serious relationship that sadly didn't work out as I really liked him. So I've rubbed shoulders with people outside of my 'box' and yes I think its made me a better person for having that experience because stereotypes vanish once you break through them. The GP I mentioned, the only reason I knew he was Jewish was because he told me. I was having a bad spell with my anxiety due to Christmas and he told me that he didn't have that problem. He then told me why. So much for Jewish people having a certain 'look'?? And as for the holocaust not actually happening during WW2, don't get me started...

Very interesting interviews with Professor Sunetra Gupta and Karol Sikora on COVID

Anyone seen this interview with Professor Gupta of University of Oxford? Not covered by the BBC ... like so many alternative opinions from eminent scientists.

It certainly questions the general issue of lockdown, effect on the population whether mentally, economically or in terms of stemming spread of virus. Prof Gupta is part of the Oxford group who have developed the antibody test and are advanced in vaccine trials. Damning indictment of government health service policy over the last 30 odd years. Seems perfectly plausible that the pandemic passed through a swathe of the population much earlier in the year and what we are seeing ow is the tail end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKh6kJ-RSMI

Also an interview with Karol Sikora which has been ruffling a few feathers. Seems a practical and level headed bloke:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2YZfnsOPg

The Lockdown TV interviews with scientists are pretty good. One of the few lights in the general dross out there on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    It's the sweeping generalisations that get to me, the pigeon-holing of people into boxes and sticking a label on it.

So much for Jewish people having a certain 'look'?? .
    These two statements are so right. I come from a mixed race family. And out of all of us, I have the lightest skin. (and I'm also the shortest, all my cousins are giants, I dunno how that worked out?) Except for my "ethnic hair" if I don't open my mouth and say I'm Jewish, I can pass for many white nationalities. It's one reason I know white privilege exists...because I've been places where as long as other white people think I'm white, it's been cool, and as soon as they find out I'm Jewish, or another family member with darker skin shows up, then I've been treated differently. In fact when I was a kid, and my family and I would be traveling through places that aren't so open-minded, they would send me in to reserve tables at restaurants or ask people for directions LOL.

Re: Very interesting interviews with Professor Sunetra Gupta and Karol Sikora on COVI

Good post. Many in the medical field feel the same. The lockdowns are more dangerous than the virus causing the them. 600 doctors just signed a letter to the president here in the US stating just that.

N.

It would be great to he in even the June position. We have too see how the stages affect new cases too:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...m_source=upday

Re: Very interesting interviews with Professor Sunetra Gupta and Karol Sikora on COVI

I actually posted a link to Professor Karol Sikora's interview on YouTube on here last week, but sadly it didn't seem to register.

Although I still believe the lockdowns were necessary in the beginning, and we should have started ours sooner than we did, but I am now also of the opinion that we should soon attempt the second stage of easing restrictions here in the UK, as despite the odd little blips here and there, there doesn't ATM appear to be any signs of a significant growth in new cases and deaths, and (dare I say it) the original full lockdowns can only serve their intended purposes for so long before all the other fallouts pertaining to them start to rear their ugly heads.

Page 29 of 717 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129529 ... LastLast

Thread Information