Page 302 of 717 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Sorry, must have misread it as your mum.

I agree with pulisa. The likely reactions are either complete numbness from shock, being overwhelmed into DP/DR or your anxiety ramping up big time. It's just natural but because yours is already elevated it's going to latch onto all these troubled emotions and have it's way with you. That will change, you will decrease it. It's like any shock, you get a big hit and then there can be a period where you feel helpless, have gone backwards, etc.

It's also only natural to kick yourself for that. It's only because you want to be your best for your family. Try not to let it less you down this path as it's just another one of its weapons against you. You are allowed to feel.

You must feel so powerless and anxiety feeds off that too. You are trying the techniques that normally help so you are doing your best. They don't always work at the worst of times but they may as persevere or your overall levels of anxiety reduces. Horrible as it must feel, it will get better.

I hope everything continues to improve in her favour and you keep hearing good news.

Yes, you're right about thing's not always being so bad. In recent years my mum has been in hospital a couple of times, the last being with pneumonia, but in her mid seventies she got through. We always hear about those that don't but look how many do.

They might be old but they can still give us a run for the money. Keeping positive is very important to them so they keep on fighting. It's hard for us as you get to that point where you no longer see the strong parents you have seen all your life and you start to worry about them. We are being careful with hygiene and surfaces when we come back in and trips into indoor public spaces have been restricted from the start. Luckily for me I was long past the obsessions to be out or filling my time looking in places and I don't see people much anyway so adjusting was easy enough on that front. But it would be better for mum if my brother could get down here from Yorkshire as she has been unwell for the last 12 months.
    Thank you for this - that makes a lot of sense

I was reading your other post about your brother travelling down and I get that - my mum is 140 miles away and im her bubble so technically could go and see her but do not want to risk being stopped by the police. It's great they are monitoring it more for the rulebreakers but frustrating for those of us that haven't broken the rules.

It sounds like you're doing what you can to keep her safe, and thank god for FaceTime and video calls to be able to keep in contact for the rest of your family im guessing. I think they'll start easing up on travel etc as the numbers hopefully continue to go down.

This lockdown certainly does feel a lot more restrictive then the others but that's probably because we've all been doing this dance for a year now

[QUOTE=Scass;1987767]Yes, this Squish. Don’t beat yourself up for feeling this way. I hope she continues to improve each day.

Thank you very much Scass - everything crossed xx

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It's great seeing those vaccination numbers going up so quickly. They are almost on target now. And those numbers are a few days behind so there could be another 6-900k on top actually done.

It's good to see things working after a year of bad news. Seeing mortality rates really drop and no impact to them weeks after removal of lockdown will bring many a huge with of relief.

It's also good to see all these vaccines popping up. Initially we heard lots about them but then came the lull whilst they were busy developing & testing then. Feels like we are getting somewhere now.
    Yes things definitely do seem encouraging right now, and it was mentioned yesterday that the Pfizer vaccine is effective against the newer strains, plus today it is being mentioned that the forthcoming Novavax vaccine is also effective against said strains.

However, there still does seem to be certain individuals who continue to revel in negativity and pessimism over the latest (mostly encouraging) Covid developments in this country, for instance, yesterday someone posted on Digital Spy's main Covid discussion thread two side-by-side images of a map of Britain (from the govt's Covid dashboard site) demonstrating the declines in recorded infection rates over the past fortnight. Although the vast majority responded with positive comments, as per usual there were the odd one or two who were dismissing it with hyperbole such as 'But still nowhere near good enough', 'But it's still getting worse than ever in my area though', etc.

Yes there are still certain areas in this country whose infection rates still remain above the current national average, but they're now mostly in the minority, and hardly representative of the entire country!

Some people seriously seem to think what's going on in their areas is the 'be all and end all' of this country as a whole, and often fail to see the bigger picture overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I finally get to see mum and dad after the 1st of February our boarder is opening up to Greater Sydney and we start our vaccinations in March (don’t know what year) lol.
    It has been hard not seeing any family while being ill in hospital and my depression-well that’s been on going for awhile
    but as I got told,I ain’t Robinson Crusoe.
    I bet it’ll be great to see them Lola. I’m sorry you’ve been going through some tough times, hope things are on the up for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squishchips, I think as you say, the situation with your Mother-in-Law has a double whammy effect on the 'natural' emotional side and then on your anxiety. Two years ago my nephew was killed instantly while driving his HGV in collision with another HGV. And while obviously there was grief, shock, anger, at least in the anxiety sense it was done. That will sound callous to someone who has never had anxiety, but all of us on here will understand it.

But you are in limbo, neither relieved or grieving, and you have my heartfelt sympathy

It's the protracted anxiety which is so hard to endure and manage when you're under the mental cosh on a 24/7 basis, isn't it?

I'm glad you are having a therapy session on Monday, Squishchips and that you can make use of any meds which help you with physical symptoms.

Being in limbo and just waiting is real torture.

Thank you Fishman and Pulisa - it's completely that, being in limbo with no idea how to take news as it's neither good or bad

I's definitely taking it's toll. Our update today is that she's stable and holding her own - so another day where the update isn't bad but also isn't great. They did say this could take weeks and weeks so just have to keep hanging on in there. She's fighting it hard

Fishman - I'm so very sorry for your loss as well xx

The single dose vaccine is good news maybe make it easier for people like me I could go private and get a single dose rather than being stuck with Oxford one. But nasal, patches and pills are due soon so more options.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishchips View Post
    Thank you Fishman and Pulisa - it's completely that, being in limbo with no idea how to take news as it's neither good or bad

I's definitely taking it's toll. Our update today is that she's stable and holding her own - so another day where the update isn't bad but also isn't great. They did say this could take weeks and weeks so just have to keep hanging on in there. She's fighting it hard

Very gruelling ongoing ordeal for you, Squishchips. I imagine it will be a long haul to recovery but it will be so good to have news of improvement..I expect the docs will be very cautious and thorough in their care of her xx

Quote Originally Posted by Squishchips View Post

Thank you Squishchips, you're very kind. Yes all you can do is wait and hope, so difficult though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I bet it’ll be great to see them Lola. I’m sorry you’ve been going through some tough times, hope things are on the up for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you Scass x I am going ok knowing I will have them here is medicine for me.
    Hope you are well x

Page 302 of 717 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast

Thread Information