Page 310 of 717 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Thanks Terry for your input. I had decided I wouldn't be phoning anyone and felt angry more about non family members who were apparently calling in. Mrs F's friend is very popular which makes for a lot of potential transmission. I'm very sorry to hear about your Mum's friend.

Pulisa - on the queue jumping, according to today's DM members of the Chesterfield football team had covid jabs given.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/n...19-vaccination
    I heard on the radio that there's a code circulating on social media and you can use this and book a jab appointment and jump the queue this way..Awful, isn't it? There will always be those who abuse the system and deny others who have a greater need.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I heard on the radio that there's a code circulating on social media and you can use this and book a jab appointment and jump the queue this way..Awful, isn't it? There will always be those who abuse the system and deny others who have a greater need.
    That's a disgrace but nothing surprises me. We've seen the best of humanity over this last year but also the worst.

Vulnerable footballers? What BS

Here, they call them "vaccine chasers"...people who wait in lines without an appointment to see if there are any leftover doses from people who don't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Here, they call them "vaccine chasers"...people who wait in lines without an appointment to see if there are any leftover doses from people who don't show up.
    There should be a no show protocol so that people next on the list get called and are asked to come in at short notice.

Can we perhaps start up the trending of covultures?

Very true, P. They try, but the roll-out here has been sloppy.

Terry, we can try! Lol

Very true, P. They try, but the roll-out here has been sloppy.

Terry, we can try! Lol
    Well our initial vaxx rollout in December was far from plain sailing, and there have been cock-ups where the Pfizer one hasn't been refrigerated properly at -70C, either due to fridge/freezer failures, or negligent workers who simply don't have a clue, or can't be bothered to do their jobs properly.

Sorry but such people don't deserve such employment IMO.

Well today is the first Friday so far this year that daily cases have bucked the general trend by falling, albeit only slightly (19k today vs 20k yesterday), and despite the latest daily testing figure being the second highest on record so far.

Plus the R-rate edging downwards (albeit again only slightly to 0.7-1.0 vs
    0.7-1.1 last week), and the ONS stats also down this week, after being more or less stable last week.

Very encouraging, particularly in spite of the current scares concerning the SA variant.

Another one of my daughter's co-workers with covid, also son's ex-wife's former hubby.

Page 310 of 717 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast

Thread Information