Page 316 of 717 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I am getting sick and tired of Sky News' obsession with flagging up the MH crisis as a result of Covid. I can't imagine how hard it will be for anyone to get help for anything other than Covid-related issues after this is all over. Are children really traumatised by school closures? Can people really not survive without holidays or going to pubs and restaurants? What ARE mental health issues now? Being deprived of something for a period of time? Maybe I've lost the plot..
    In turn, I'm also getting a bit sick and tired of constant negativity on other forums from serial know-it-alls who whenever there are some more encouraging Covid-related news headlines, they pipe up with stuff like 'It's worse than ever in my area', 'It's still nowhere near good enough', 'There's still a lot of 'played down' cases', 'We're likely to remain in lockdown for the next 5 years', 'The SA variant is far more widespread and lethal than we think', etc!

Whilst we should by all means remain vigilant and prepared for all eventualities, I do find this constant doom-mongering very tedious at times, though I still feel more annoyed at the serial Covidiots and their reckless antics.

I know others on here will probably say 'well, just don't read them', but sometimes the opinions of the more level-headed folks on said forums far outweigh those of the know-it-all pessimists, so therefore still worth viewing for the views and opinions of the more level-headed alone.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 12-02-21 at 17:21.

I've noticed Nigel Farage is sticking the knife in once again now, as the BBC website did a special feature on him and his new 'Reform UK' party, and he is now trying to appeal to the anti-lockdowners.

Bozzer and Keir, put your feet down now before it's too late!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I've noticed Nigel Farage is sticking the knife in once again now, as the BBC website did a special feature on him and his new 'Reform UK' party, and he is now trying to appeal to the anti-lockdowners.
    He's not the only populist idiot doing this - so is Laurence Fox's Reclaim Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    To add to the above, there is certainly evidence amongst younger children that the lockdowns are having a detrimental effect upon their social/interpersonal skills development and I'd add that there's certainly negative impacts upon mental health if people won't even talk to you about Covid, look at far-right YT channels to justify lockdown scepticism when it has demonstrably been proven to work or follow 'bad science'.

Yes, a lot - too many, IMO, but I digress - bitch about the impact upon their social lives and lack of holidays but isn't that also a manifestation of damage to mental health?
    Very good points PM.
    My 7yo doesn’t seem to be suffering too much at the moment. She has me as her teaching assistant, chef, personal trainer and butler. I do worry about all the things we don’t have too much time to do due to me trying to wfh. I worry about her level of screen time too. I also worry about the adjustment when she goes back to school. However, she has proved me wrong a thousand times, she’s so resilient and brave. She grasps on to the fun in life and just won’t let go.
    I do wonder what the difference in education levels will be in those who still attended school and those who didn’t.

I think you make an excellent point about MH though. Look at all those people who have suddenly become conspiracy theorists. I didn’t know how many I was surrounded by until this happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In turn, I'm also getting a bit sick and tired of constant negativity on other forums from serial know-it-alls who whenever there are some more encouraging Covid-related news headlines, they pipe up with stuff like 'It's worse than ever in my area', 'It's still nowhere near good enough', 'There's still a lot of 'played down' cases', 'We're likely to remain in lockdown for the next 5 years', 'The SA variant is far more widespread and lethal than we think', etc!

Whilst we should by all means remain vigilant and prepared for all eventualities, I do find this constant doom-mongering very tedious at times, though I still feel more annoyed at the serial Covidiots and their reckless antics.

I know others on here will probably say 'well, just don't read them', but sometimes the opinions of the more level-headed folks on said forums far outweigh those of the know-it-all pessimists, so therefore still worth viewing for the views and opinions of the more level-headed alone.
    I wouldn’t say “don’t read them” Lenco, but I might say “Take them with a pinch of salt and don’t let it ruin your day”.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I wouldn’t say “don’t read them” Lenco, but I might say “Take them with a pinch of salt and don’t let it ruin your day”.

It does make me wonder where those know-it-alls get all their info, especially the predictions about this current lockdown lasting into 2026, which IMO is most certainly more than overdoing it, pessimism-wise, as I believe we're likely to at least be over the worst in this country by the middle of this year, though I in turn could be completely wrong, of course.

Everyone likes to have an opinion especially keyboard warriors who may be shy and retiring IRL and online is the only chance they get to let rip?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Everyone likes to have an opinion especially keyboard warriors who may be shy and retiring IRL and online is the only chance they get to let rip?
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not against this current lockdown myself in any way, in fact I think Bozzer and Co had already left it until the last moment once again, and IMO should have started it on Boxing Day at the very latest, but there's the slight possibility that those who are predicting it lasting until 2026 are probably actually the Farageite anti-lockdowners!

It does make me wonder where those know-it-alls get all their info, especially the predictions about this current lockdown lasting into 2026, which IMO is most certainly more than overdoing it, pessimism-wise, as I believe we're likely to at least be over the worst in this country by the middle of this year, though I in turn could be completely wrong, of course.
    Take it all with a pinch of salt - including the lazy journalism, government skewed stats and reports, SAGE lot ..... and the whole gamut! The sooner we all stop obsessing about statistics, doom-mongering scientists, spineless government ministers and everything related to the pandemic the better. I'm just trying to retain my sanity, don't know about everyone else.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    He's not the only populist idiot doing this - so is Laurence Fox's Reclaim Party.
    Look on the brightside: too many parties just split the vote.

Farage is going to lose some support too. He might have garnered more support over the EU but that's splits over the virus with only the hardest of supporters being anti Covid. At least that's been my observation from reading newspaper comments sections where you find these guys. They are divided on the virus.

Page 316 of 717 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416 ... LastLast

Thread Information