Page 329 of 717 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Haven't they only recently started tracking mutations so reacted too slowly?

The vaccination programme is a real mess. Got to feel sorry for the public who have been badly failed. Sadly certain leaders, in their quest to rubbish AZ, have likely put people off. One German epidemiologist stated a low number at one centre using AZ and how ridiculous it was.
    Yes, such a crying shame the vaccines and vaccination programmes have become so heavily politicised, especially certain European countries who have pooh-poohed the Oxford AZ vaccine. Disgusting that they have put politics before everyone's health, safety and general welfare.

As much as a joke our own system generally is, I feel proud that we are the third most advanced in the world, vaccinations-wise, which is a welcome change as we're usually considered the laughing stock of the world in many other instances, but perhaps in this particular instance it's pure pot luck.

I think we can thank Boris' judgement for the success of our vaccination programme. He might have made a hash of many decisions along the way but he's excelled in getting the UK well ahead of other countries in the vaccine rollout.

Even you can't begrudge him that, PM?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think we can thank Boris' judgement for the success of our vaccination programme. He might have made a hash of many decisions along the way but he's excelled in getting the UK well ahead of other countries in the vaccine rollout.

I agree with you Pulisa.

As much as a comedian I think Bozzer is in general, he does seem to be more lucky so far as long as our vaccination rollout is concerned, even though I would never be seen dead voting for him and his fellow cronies, but that's a whole 'nother story!!

I have read something interesting tonight on the Covid ZOE website which might partly explain the mystery stalling of the falls in Covid cases over the past 10 days or so. Apparently some of the vaccine side effects (with some people, not all) showed similarities to Covid infections which initially meant the Covid ZOE app had difficulties distinguishing between genuine Covid infections and vaccine side effects, so some of the side effects were incidentally mistook for possible Covid cases, which looks like the overall Covid cases over the period up until Tuesday 23rd Feb (when this was first revealed by Covid ZOE) were very likely overcounted, and since two days ago they have changed their counting methods in to compensate for their previously mistaken stats, which are now interestingly slightly lesser than the official daily govt stats, unlike previously where the ZOE stats were higher.

I found that very reassuring.

P. S, I hope I haven't scared anyone about vaccines and side effects.

I seriously didn't intend to.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post

Actually, I can.

It has happened in spite of him, not because of him. If anyone is to be noted for their success, it's Kate Bingham and especially the NHS and numerous volunteer bodies. Johnson is just a bystander trying to bask in reflected glory. If it wasn't for that obnoxious fool we wouldn't have 130,000 dead and have the worst death toll in Europe. And please, don't insult me by saying "Labour wouldn't have done any better".

Try as you might P., nothing will sway me from my opinion that were the sexually-incontinent Johnson not a member of the privileged classes, he'd be as vilified by the Mail and Express as they did to many poor members of the country back in the 90s who seemed to breed and run away. He's not an intelligent man despite his privileged 'education' - only a complete, insensitive tw@ would stand in a temple in Yangon and start reciting The Road To Mandalay.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...myanmar-temple

He's an abject liar who wouldn't know the truth if it cut his balls off (and someone should), nothing more.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 26-02-21 at 00:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    As much as a comedian I think Bozzer is in general
    Johnson's as funny as stage 4 cancer.

Deleted, not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by willous1 View Post
    Great, politics even on this site now. Come to this place as a safe place for my mental health. Boris has done incredible with the roll out btw. Your last 2 posts are pathetic. And yes, Labour would not have done better, they are an embarrassment and laughing stock to the majority.
    Boo f*****g hoo.

It's not my fault you're a gullible idiot. Answer me this; would Labour have done the following, all of which have made the problem worse rather than better?

- not closing the borders last January or February;
    - not applying even the most rudimentary health check at the border;
    - not enforcing quarantine on returning residents;
    - not legally forcing employers to make proper WFH arrangements;
    - not handing out Track and Trace to a bunch of incompetents on the basis that they were Party donors;
    - not encouraging superspreading under the name of Eat Out to Help Out;
    - not further encouraging superspreading by opening the Universities;
    - not starving the NHS of funds for the last ten years.

I'll await your response although I suspect we'll be waiting a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by willous1 View Post
    Deleted, not worth it.
    We would have been in the EU vaccine programme whether because we were very closely tied to the EU or out. If out, and given the daily wrangling between both sides, I would imagine we would be pretty far down the list for ours.

AZ may not even have been invested in given the priority was Sanofi.

The government might have been too slow to bring in lockdowns but when it comes to vaccination they have done very well. How many more would be dying if we had to wait more months?

We mustn't forget different mortality counting methods either. Some countries may be overcounting and some undercounting.

Why do people have to get so personal?

This is why we don't like politics discussed on here as every time it leads to conflict and arguements

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    We would have been in the EU vaccine programme whether because we were very closely tied to the EU or out. If out, and given the daily wrangling between both sides, I would imagine we would be pretty far down the list for ours.
    Not strictly true, Terry;

From https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55163730 (dated 20/12/20 so pre- full Brexit references in the text)

Under European law a vaccine must be authorised by the EMA, but individual countries can use an emergency procedure that allows them to distribute a vaccine for temporary use in their domestic market.

Britain is still subject to those EU rules during the post-Brexit transition period which runs until the end of the year.

The UK's own medicines regulator, the MHRA, confirmed this in a statement last month.

And its chief executive, Dr June Raine, said on Wednesday that "we have been able to authorise the supply of this vaccine using provisions under European law, which exist until 1 January".
    The highlighted is what I believe we did.

As I've thought elsewhere, as long as any French manufacturers don't make theirs a suppository... (maybe those who don't like needles would prefer it)

Incidentally, a contributor to the BMJ took Handelsblatt (a German newspaper) to pieces over their claims about the OAZ vaccine - which before long will bite the Germans in the bum I reckon.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 26-02-21 at 00:32. Reason: Tidied grammar.

Page 329 of 717 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast

Thread Information