Page 36 of 717 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136536 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Dr John Campbell again examining just how much research into COVID-19 is accurate. This guy is such a great teacher https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIkqdQb2R8

Give or take, you're the same age as me FM65.

In 1995 we'd just got access to the Internet at work; how different it all looked then. My then employer had just decided to create an Internet presence for themselves too.

Personally, it was a reasonably pleasant time for me - my late wife's health wasn't so bad but she struggled a bit with the consequences of a fall down the stairs at work eight years prior which damaged her spine, and little did we realise how that was going to impact on her future well-being then. I'd managed to buy a nice, comfortable car for us to travel in which helped her back, and all seemed well. West London still felt a shitty place to work though.

Autre temps, autre mœurs...

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    It was a memorable year for me too Lencoboy, not just for the weather. I had a complete breakdown at the end of 94 into January 95, began attending Mind group meetings, met Mrs F at those meetings who is still my wife, and Everton won the FA Cup. Then my Mum was diagnosed with lung cancer (even though she never smoked) in December 95. So memorable for the good and bad. And I turned 30 that year.

Yes its amazing to think the internet was largely unheard of in my experience, we got our first computer in 2000.
    The year 1995 in general was also a mixed bag for me. Still quite a few crap things as well for me personally which I have no burning ambition to relive. I suppose the same goes for pretty much every year.

And the internet was still mostly unheard of for the vast majority of the population back in 95 and didn't really start to enter the mainstream until about 1998-99 or so at the earliest IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Dr John Campbell again examining just how much research into COVID-19 is accurate. This guy is such a great teacher https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoIkqdQb2R8
    Correct.

And I wish more of the general public would take more notice of experts like him, rather than the losers who keep posting endless self-fulfilling propaganda, misinformation and 'fake news' online.

That man definitely deserves even more than just an accolade!!

This guy is being endlessly promoted by the Lugenpresse and Youtube. I've watched a few of his videos and he brings nothing new to the table except repeat the same official talking points. Also, seems to have some weird fetish for face masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    This guy is being endlessly promoted by the Lugenpresse and Youtube. I've watched a few of his videos and he brings nothing new to the table except repeat the same official talking points. Also, seems to have some weird fetish for face masks.
    You mean he deals in facts but because he’s not throwing around unsubstantiated nonsense that discredits him?

OK Hollow I'll email him and ask if he can start making things up as he goes along, you'd feel right at home then I should imagine.

Oh leave it out, Arfur!!

So, how long before the second wave then?

150 - 200,000 dead in the UK by Christmas?

Twitter - #SecondWave

Oh, sorry, I forgot - it's a fake virus to control us all according to our resident contrarians.

You must make sure that you stay shielded, Pamplemousse. I'm sure you will.

The indirect effects of Covid have the potential to be as harmful and destructive as the virus itself. I dread the inevitable second wave.

Page 36 of 717 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136536 ... LastLast

Thread Information