Page 38 of 717 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138538 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    As above, Terry.
    But how can the rest of us be responsible for ours when we have no idea who the rule breakers are?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Ah, but the so-called 'virus' is a hoax to control us, Terry. The 'enlightened people' know that but we the 'sheeple' don't.

However... the helicopters were more likely there for these monumental acts of stupidity:

Durdle Door: Three seriously hurt 'jumping off cliff into sea'

There's also been a change to policy on those 'shielding' - too soon, I say despite knowing people who are doing itl and they are of the same opinion. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52862440
    I think the shielding can be managed that way if people are sensible e.g. someone coming to your gate and you are a good distance away. But these people still need to stay away from the public until we are much further on.

I guess they are receiving information about the impacts to mental health? Whilst some swan off to the beach they could be struggling indoors. In the case of my mum we recently had two paramedics saying, despite being vulnerable but not the shielding list, she could go to the corner shop to get some air. The concern being she appeared very depressed and they were weighing up which is worse.

It still seems very early for all this. Now we can have up to 6 people in a garden. Hardly a priority, surely?

Yep, some are the Piers Corbyns of the world but then you get the I'm Alright Jacks too. I'm having a nice day at the beach, stuff all the people I come into contact with next week. They are only extending all this. Those protesters even had kids with them!

China seem to be getting all the flack these days. North Korea must be feeling a bit down...

Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 31-05-20 at 05:01.

I understand how tensions run high on this subject as it affects each of us.

Everyone is entitled to their own point of view, but please do not allow a difference of opinion to descend into personal snipes.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You must make sure that you stay shielded, Pamplemousse. I'm sure you will.

The indirect effects of Covid have the potential to be as harmful and destructive as the virus itself. I dread the inevitable second wave.
    The 'first' wave here in Blighty still isn't even over yet. Also remember that more people are now being tested for the virus than ever before, which could very well be one of the main factors behind the cases edging up over the past 2-3 days or so. And I personally think it's still a bit too soon to be assuming it's the start of the 'second' wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    The 'first' wave here in Blighty still isn't even over yet. Also remember that more people are now being tested for the virus than ever before, which could very well be one of the main factors behind the cases edging up over the past 2-3 days or so. And I personally think it's still a bit too soon to be assuming it's the start of the 'second' wave.
    A second wave occurs after health officials believe that they've got the virus under control ie (not spreading in the community undetected) then shops, schools etc open up then a surge in cases happens again often in a different part of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    OK Hollow I'll email him and ask if he can start making things up as he goes along, you'd feel right at home then I should imagine.
    Make sure to send him a photo of you wearing a pretty face mask as well otherwise he won't reply.

When money isn't a obstacle then you can manufacture your own "facts" and shill "scientists" like Neil Ferguson will design computer models to give you the results you want.

The lack of evidence lockdowns actually worked is a world scandal

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...world-scandal/

We have detonated the global economy to pursue a lockdown experiment that may not have worked, according to the latest evidence. This diabolical revelation should be a world scandal. It should also be a sobering moment of enlightenment for Britain, as we seek to salvage our economy while learning lessons on how to better protect the vulnerable. Instead the Covid narrative becomes ever more surreal.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    But how can the rest of us be responsible for ours when we have no idea who the rule breakers are?
    Because you cannot control the actions and behaviours of others. Social distancing can only really work outdoors where others are unlikely to enter your "space". It is your choice whether you leave your home at all of course - but there are consequences: your immune system will weaken with no social contact. Our immune systems perform a function without which we wouldn't survive and being kept in a sterile environment is detrimental to our health. Therefore, there comes a point when isolating will become counterproductive. This is not just my view: it is medical fact.

Never Surrender, Comrade

A very informative video on the coronavirus and the new world order. This guy has done his homework. Warning 25 minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j6yQnU8KsI

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Make sure to send him a photo of you wearing a pretty face mask as well otherwise he won't reply.
    Peppa Pig?

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    A second wave occurs after health officials believe that they've got the virus under control ie (not spreading in the community undetected) then shops, schools etc open up then a surge in cases happens again often in a different part of the community.
    But as of today, this is still yet to happen here (officially).

Page 38 of 717 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138538 ... LastLast

Thread Information