Page 380 of 717 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390430480 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

......but it says antibiotics aren't useful for COVID pneumonia....although I know a few people who have been given them 'just incase', some non-hospitalised cases . I'm questioning your daughters meds now FMP, shame on me, but just trying to see any differences between treatments LOLOL

THanks glassgirl !

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Due to the pneumonia, she was given a Z Pak... several doses of an antibiotic to help knock it out as well as a prescription cough medicine to help dry up the mucous/flem and alleviate the coughing.
    Is that how you spell phlegm across the water, FMP?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Is that how you spell phlegm across the water, FMP?
    Nope... my mistake

And I'm the one who picks out stuff like that usually

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I too am happy to hear your daughter is somewhat better FMP. Needless to say, she and you remain in my thoughts.

Its good to see that we're now having a debate about debating. Could this perhaps extend to a debate about debating about debating?
    We could definitely pencil something in for the next time we all get a bit restless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    It is very bizarre.

They say one thing one minute then say the opposite the next.

Sounds like Trudeau has been jumping to conclusions (possibly to cover his and his govt's own backsides) by prematurely proclaiming that the UK is now entering a 'third wave'.

Yes, cases may very well start edging up again over the coming days/weeks owing to the latest easements, but hopefully within manageable levels and also not manifesting in a full-on third wave.
    Just seen an article on the BBC website this morning about cases currently soaring in Canada and they're having to send adults into 'children's' hospitals there as 'ordinary' hospitals are struggling to cope.

So I definitely reckon Trudeau and Co were probably covering their own backsides by trumpeting about the UK's hypothetical 'third wave' in order to deflect from their own failings.

I think I also read somewhere that Canada has generally been known to be less enthusiastic for the jabs.

Let's face it, we're still far from perfect here in Blighty, and this time last year we were one of the 'laughing stocks' when it came to managing the pandemic situation, though perhaps, most ironically, we might very well had learned the hard way earlier on.

TRIGGER WARNING

I read about a "double mutant" variant that's been identified in India, and they're scared that it could interfere with the vaccine's effectiveness and send us back into lockdown.

Should we be worried?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    TRIGGER WARNING

I read about a "double mutant" variant that's been identified in India, and they're scared that it could interfere with the vaccine's effectiveness and send us back into lockdown.

Should we be worried?
    There are always variants.
    I don’t know about worried, we should just follow the standard advice for now Toby.
    Hope you’re doing ok.

Yes, lets debate about why we are debating about debating, that sounds like something we'd all have a good strong opinion on !

There is something nagging at me about this whole recent conversation - someone said a while back 'you can't please all the people all of the time', and its been in my head since then. I am aware that I'm returning to a point made a long time ago and everyone else has probably moved on and forgotten, so sorry about that.

Not everyone can be happy here on NMP, not everyone will find it easy to 'fit' and find it suits them, we are all different in our life/space/online choices and our individual needs and mental health 'position'. (I'm not condoning name-calling or frustrated and cruel responses, that is a different kettle of sprats!) There will though be a natural turn-over of people who don't find it right for them, and yes members will move on for a massive range of personal and individual reasons.

But.......

More damaging surely than people who chose to move on because they don't like the strong opinions on a thread which they don't have to be involved with are are those brand new members, posting at their absolute low point, who silently sit with zero replies next to their name and 200 views of their thread. They give up, move on and must feel really upset and confused. There are few of us who welcome new members, few who answer unanswered posts.....that is a tragedy.

Oh Carys I couldn’t agree with you more.

It makes me really sad, as their voices are being ignored, and you know what its like having no replies and hundreds of views - it feels like what you've said has no value.

Page 380 of 717 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390430480 ... LastLast

Thread Information