Page 383 of 717 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393433483 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I think Admin might have explained some of this elsewhere so making judgements is unwise. For instance, do you have access to their reporting facilities? So how do you know what some are saying? You don't seem to realise some of us might be hitting the report button rather than get drawn into an argument, something Admin have told us all to stop. But why don't people listen to them? Don't you realise a quick report can get the job done without all the drama?

The rules apply to all. What your interpretation of them is based on what you are willing to stand is irrelevant.

You are arguing only those fighting back are concerned. Evidence? Where is your evidence of us being MIA? So you haven't seen me opposing posts by Panicattacka? Have you seen the reports to Admin I have made? I didn't counter Hollow? I didn't say I disagreed with FTL?

Devil incarnate? A bit over the top? All people like me are saying is act like an adult and stick to the rules.
    This post wasn’t aimed at you nor was it in any way about you. I’m talking more about those who rarely post a thing but decide to chirp in when they feel that people are being rude or whatever. That’s fine and all, I just don’t get why that is what offends them but idiots trying to terrify people on a forum specifically designed to aid anxiety sufferers seems to completely miss their radar. It’s a ridiculous and very selective double standard.

For a bit of perspective, in spite of the scary stories about the SA and Indian variants in the news of late;

12 months ago (18/4/20):
    5,526 new cases.

6 months ago (18/10/20):
    16,982 new cases.

Today (18/4/21):
    1,882 new cases.

I know it's still all very much in the lap of the gods as to how things might (or might not) pan out in due course, but still an interesting comparison nevertheless.

Dr JC on his latest video believes that the UK govt have been caught napping once again over the Indian variant by failing to add India to the 'red list' of countries.

And it is believed that said variant has already been within our shores since about December, just like the SA variant.

However, the latest article about it on the BBC website stresses that there is still insufficient evidence as yet to prove as to whether or not the Indian variant poses a major threat, and it is still under extensive investigation.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 18-04-21 at 19:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    For a bit of perspective, in spite of the scary stories about the SA and Indian variants in the news of late;

12 months ago (18/4/20):
    5,526 new cases.

6 months ago (18/10/20):
    16,982 new cases.

Today (18/4/21):
    1,882 new cases.

I know it's still all very much in the lap of the gods as to how things might (or might not) pan out in due course, but still an interesting comparison nevertheless.
    After watching the Royal funeral on TV and seeing the crowd mostly unmasked standing shoulder to shoulder I'd be anticipating an increase in cases.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    After watching the Royal funeral on TV and seeing the crowd mostly unmasked standing shoulder to shoulder I'd be anticipating an increase in cases.
    That's the capital for you. It must be very frustrating for people who try to keep each other safe what with This, yet another protest or pubbers.

The RF did ask them not to do this. As ever the Met probably hid in fear of upsetting anyone after watch8jg thousands of cars & people all heading to the same place...

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Dr JC on his latest video believes that the UK govt have been caught napping once again over the Indian variant by failing to add India to the 'red list' of countries.

And it is believed that said variant has already been within our shores since about December, just like the SA variant.

However, the latest article about it on the BBC website stresses that there is still insufficient evidence as yet to prove as to whether or not the Indian variant poses a major threat, and it is still under extensive investigation.
    Perhaps that's some good news then? That it's been heat so long and caused little? Caught napping or non existent threat? Remember we haven't been hearing about it from the scientists either.

The trouble is people don't know what's good for them and won't do as they're told.

That's the capital for you. It must be very frustrating for people who try to keep each other safe what with This, yet another protest or pubbers.

The RF did ask them not to do this. As ever the Met probably hid in fear of upsetting anyone after watch8jg thousands of cars & people all heading to the same place...

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Perhaps that's some good news then? That it's been heat so long and caused little? Caught napping or non existent threat? Remember we haven't been hearing about it from the scientists either.
    Well we had been in our third lockdown since 4th January, which probably helped keep the spread at very low levels. Plus the vaccines so far might have helped, despite the fears that this latest variant might be able to evade them, which still remains an unknown.

It does also seem odd that the scientists have kept it fairly low-key up until now. Just typical when we're starting to reopen stuff once again, and these new 'scares' suddenly become big news.

Makes me wonder as to whether or not the latest easements a week ago were a tad premature and should have waited another couple of weeks, but the other half of me believes that doing so would have been futile as it would have no doubt provoked mass protests and social unrest, so once again a 'damned if do, damned if don't' catch 22 situation.

I think the Met are, as ever, in a no-win situation.

After all, they always seem to get it in the neck for being a racist, sexist, fascist, and whatever other 'ist' accusation people like to throw at them these days, organisation!

I think Windsor is Thames Valley Police so not involving the Met this time.

Page 383 of 717 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393433483 ... LastLast

Thread Information