Page 39 of 717 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139539 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

We are at the stage where our economy is about 60% up and running but not at full pace, schools are back and pubs and clubs but can only accommodate 100 people per function. Some social distancing is still happening but we won't be dropping to Level 1 until mid June. This should be enough time to see if a second wave will occur.

Quote Originally Posted by whome View Post
    I'm sure President Trump isn't the only person in power to initially down play the virus before we all knew what was going on, but of course, he will be the only one singled out bc he IS Donald Trump and because this IS the US. Had he said Oh. My. God. Everyone freakin panic! All the anti-Trumpers would have a case of the red a$$ over that too.

I can tell there are alot of good people on this site. Who have helped my anxiety alot by talking to them. Which is what this site was intended for or so I thought but I'm sick to death of having to wade through post after post of how Trump supporters are stupid, trash, and white supremacists...some of this coming from people who may have never even stepped foot in this country.

You don't know ME and what I stand for and you don't know the mass of Trump supporters...Even the anti-Trumpers from the US on this site don't know me...How judgemental of you to make an assumption based on television media That's such a shame. I would never blindly following ANYONE.

I started to say no disrespect, but none of the posts about Trump supporters (a group that happens to include me) starts that way. I don't get that extended to ME so...

I could've been very upfront about some of my views and opinions about my country versus other countries but I am not here for that.(oh yes I have them!! I'm that annoying American who is very proud to be one and who will never apologize for it!!!) I am here to communicate with others who have the same issues I have in hopes of it helping me or helping them. That's all. As human beings in a time of need. Not finger pointing and trash talk in an open forum.

I would love to read an anti-anxiety post about covid 19 without having the US or the US President bashed in every other one. People need to get a life and pay attention to something else for a minute. Like this virus which happens NOT to be Donald Trump's fault believe it or not Good Lord people. Come on now. Y'all have beat a dead horse. Move on. It's getting old. OR join a political forum. It's that simple.

I'm sorry I can't chime in on politics of other countries. I don't pay attention to be honest. I mind my own business right here in the US. It amuses me that other countries are so interested in us and our politics. I wonder why this is? You sure don't hear much here on the street about world leaders of other countries and from what I HAVE read several have their own issues you could be discussing. Talking about the pot calling the kettle black...

There's people on here posting how their country is so great for how they're handling the shut down compared to the idiots in the US etc etc. Or ohhh so glad we don't live there. You damn right. Me too. We don't need anymore whiners here than we have amassed in recent years.

Thank you to all of the people who conversed with me through this site about issues about anxiety. Especially health anxiety and just day to day life. I enjoyed learning new things about other places and people.

I'm just sick of the negative. I have scrolled through post after post...being nice in replies ignoring the most ignorant I know there's negative everywhere but Lord Jesus I've never seen so many people who have never even met some of a group be so judgemental about them. I have always been led by the media to believe that people from some of these other countries I'm speaking of are nice, more civilized, and less brash than us. Guess I was misled about that as well?

Thank you to the administrators of the site. I would personally consider cutting down on the politics if users are going to be so rude, however. This can cause anxiety too.

Good luck to all y'all. Over it.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Tapatalk
    Though we are on the same side of many issues Whome I can't agree with your advocating for censorship. Yes politics can get testy at times but many enjoy the banter and for myself it is never personal. I picture it as friends gathering in a pub and debating over a few brews. Occasionally some may have to step outside to drive a point home (but never with Lola she'd kick my ass!) but shutting down the conversation from where I stand is the worst move to make. I'm sorry you left. I was looking forward to your thoughtful input. So long.

N.

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Because you cannot control the actions and behaviours of others. Social distancing can only really work outdoors where others are unlikely to enter your "space". It is your choice whether you leave your home at all of course - but there are consequences: your immune system will weaken with no social contact. Our immune systems perform a function without which we wouldn't survive and being kept in a sterile environment is detrimental to our health. Therefore, there comes a point when isolating will become counterproductive. This is not just my view: it is medical fact.

I agree with you in the sense that hiding away forever in a totally sterile environment is likely to be more detrimental to our immune systems and general health in the long run, even though the lockdown was necessary and justified in the beginning.

It's all very much a case of 'trial-and-error' and it now seems to be getting to the stage where partial lockdowns of only the most affected areas may be a more practical solution, rather than national 'blanket' restrictions, though it seems whatever the opinion, people will be wrong.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    I understand how tensions run high on this subject as it affects each of us.

Everyone is entitled to their own point of view, but please do not allow a difference of opinion to descend into personal snipes.
    I agree Elen but I would ask that all the name-calling of people/sections of society whose actions we don't agree with to stop - eg, calling day-trippers to beaches "morons", "idiots" etc. Of course some will disagree with these behaviours and decisions but this sort of labelling and offensive language serves only to polarise us further and makes a mockery of "we're all in this together". Furthermore, it creates hate.

Never Surrender, Comrade

I'm coming to believe this virus is 20% real, I don't know if it was created or organic, and 80% hype and control of the masses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j6yQnU8KsI

Get yourself some grandchildren then you'll know

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    [/B]
    I agree with you in the sense that hiding away forever in a totally sterile environment is likely to be more detrimental to our immune systems and general health in the long run, even though the lockdown was necessary and justified in the beginning.

It's all very much a case of 'trial-and-error' and it now seems to be getting to the stage where partial lockdowns of only the most affected areas may be a more practical solution, rather than national 'blanket' restrictions, though it seems whatever the opinion, people will be wrong.
    Another factor which is very pertinent to an anxiety forum is that high levels of stress and fear will shut down the immune system. It's therefore so important that we all treat our anxiety and not let it run wild. Also to avoid watching too much "news" as we're being bombarded by fear 24/7.

We are also as a population in the UK largely Vit D deficient, and I would urge members to get as much natural light as possible. Strengthening your immune system will protect you far more than hiding away from people/the world.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    [/B]

And last night I think I may have been a little on the harsh side in labelling all of those who were on the beaches yesterday as 'eejits'. I'm still not in any way condoning those who break the lockdown and social distancing rules, but it is also important to bear in mind that photography, even in its original 'undoctored' form, often distorts the actual subjects in shot, where in this case, the people on the beaches (when and where they may not be from the same household) may actually have been 2 (or more) metres apart, and on photo, they may look like they're sitting in closer proximity to each other than they actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I might be dumb but still can lift heavy things
    But what is Peppa Pig?

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Another factor which is very pertinent to an anxiety forum is that high levels of stress and fear will shut down the immune system. It's therefore so important that we all treat our anxiety and not let it run wild. Also to avoid watching too much "news" as we're being bombarded by fear 24/7.

We are also as a population in the UK largely Vit D deficient, and I would urge members to get as much natural light as possible. Strengthening your immune system will protect you far more than hiding away from people/the world.
    Some very good and interesting points there KK.

I know I'm digressing a bit here, but another factor probably is of course the increasingly risk-averse, 'H & S-gawn mad' society we seem to have evolved into over the past 20 years or so. Especially where children are kept indoors by increasingly paranoid parents and teachers over the often hyped-up threats of 'bogeymen' lurking within the community, that are actually no more prevalent today than prior to the 21st Century, contrary to popular belief. Ironically I often feel on edge whenever I walk past any school today probably more than the pupils and teachers inside them probably feel, even though I am doing no harm to anyone and trying my best to look away, especially in this 'vigilante' culture, where in such cases people rush to label us and woe betide us willy-nilly, especially on social media.

Page 39 of 717 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139539 ... LastLast

Thread Information