Page 397 of 717 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407447497 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It's great to see our rate per 100k now down to 26. Very few cases are now in the 60+ age groups. It has been steadily going down since the Christmas lockdown and more recently fluctuating up & down slightly.

So we are down to 66 cases across a week and still on a downward trend.

I take it you're referring to the situation in your area, Terry.

Nationally, daily cases are still hovering within the 2k range on average, but still by far comparing favourably with the extremely dire situation back in December and January, when daily cases in this country almost brushed with 70k at one point.

Yesterday (despite being a Monday) was the first time no Covid deaths were recorded in England since very early March 2020, and in June-August last year, when daily cases were in the 1k-3-digit range, 'actual' Covid deaths were still higher than they are right now.

So it looks like the jabs are working so far, at least in terms of helping to save lives.

Interesting article showing forecasting for key vaccination milestones across many countries:

https://www.businessinsider.com/vacc...edium=referral

Decades for such low vaccination %s is dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Interesting article showing forecasting for key vaccination milestones across many countries:

https://www.businessinsider.com/vacc...edium=referral

Decades for such low vaccination %s is dreadful.
    Very interesting.

Don't wish to gloat in any way but looking pretty good for us so far.

What are you guys thoughts on the Indian variant will it delay lockdown ending one newspaper says yes one says no?

Purely an opinion -I don't think it'll delay it. I think we will move back into having local lockdowns where there are surges of cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Purely an opinion -I don't think it'll delay it. I think we will move back into having local lockdowns where there are surges of cases.
    I agree with Carys. It will depend on hospitalisations of course but I reckon Boris will keep to his plan.

May actually boost the uptake of the jab, as it appears to have surfaced in a couple of high Asian population areas where jab rates have been low. Silver lining/cloud and all that.
    Last edited by spectrum123; 13-05-21 at 16:01.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    May actually boost the uptake of the jab, as it appears to have surfaced in a couple of high Asian population areas where jab rates have been low. Silver lining/cloud and all that.
    Another silver lining is that overall crime rates in the UK have reportedly dropped significantly over the past year or so owing to the pandemic and its restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Some scientist said on the BBC website about 10-15 minutes ago that we should 'not keep panicking' every time a new Covid variant crops up in the UK.

I personally don't know what to make of that point of view, but about a week or two ago, Professor Tim Spector (of ZOE and Kings College, London), posted a video on YouTube via The Spectator now questioning whether or not lockdowns are warranted.

Again, I don't know and can't decide.

After Monday I'm sure a lot of questions will be answered as people mix indoors and put the vaccination programme to the test nationwide.

Page 397 of 717 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407447497 ... LastLast

Thread Information