Page 41 of 717 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I thought we shouldn’t listen to mainstream media, Hollow? I thought they were all compliant in the big hoax?

It’s amazing how much your “standards” drop when an article in the mainstream media backs up one of your assertions isn’t it?

So to clarify, should we only listen to mainstream media when you tell us it’s ok?
    If you put aside your "gotcha" mindset for a minute then you would have to admit that I don't tell people who they should or shouldn't listen to. Personally, I listen to both sides and then make my own mind up.

I do believe that the mainstream media is controlled but they have to maintain the illusion of freedom of press. Someone like Peter Hitchens says a lot of things I agree with but I know there's a line he can't cross. These days, I rarely ever post articles from alt sites because I know they will be dismissed as conspiracy nonsense. I'm aware that we can easily fall into the trap of confirmation bias so I do my best to avoid it and let the chips fall where they may.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    https://www.nhs.uk/news/mental-healt...immune-system/

Well, that's all the proof I need: the Mail said it so it must be true.

I wasn't referring to loneliness caused by social isolation. There is a clear distinction between being alone and being lonely - although there are plenty of studies showing that depression suppresses the immune system.

My point is that long periods of self-isolating in sterile conditions and no human contact will mean the immune system weakening due to not being challenged by the many natural germs/antigens in our environment. This means that when we do finally come into contact with others - or leave our homes - we will be more prone to picking up infections etc that a normal/healthy immune system would easily fight off.

There is also the well-established fact that allergies are more common in kids who are shielded from natural bacteria/germs in the environment, meaning their immune systems overreact to otherwise harmless antigens.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post

We are also as a population in the UK largely Vit D deficient, and I would urge members to get as much natural light as possible. Strengthening your immune system will protect you far more than hiding away from people/the world.
    Funnily enough that clueless idiot on youtube has been recommending this since about February. What's his name again? Oh yes...Dr John Campbell.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Funnily enough that clueless idiot on youtube has been recommending this since about February. What's his name again? Oh yes...Dr John Campbell.
    I didn't question this chap. I've not listened to his sermons.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    I didn't question this chap. I've not listened to his sermons.
    Strangely I haven't noticed him wearing a dog collar, probably can't see it under his 'I'm a Sheep' T-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Strangely I haven't noticed him wearing a dog collar, probably can't see it under his 'I'm a Sheep' T-shirt.
    Then you should've gone to Specsavers, old bean. You'd miss an elephant in the room too

Never Surrender, Comrade

It feels like some have misunderstood government advice. They never banned people from sitting about outside and soaking up the sun. It's problematic for those without outdoor areas. Those in flats have to weigh it up against going into populated areas if they live in the middle of large cities.

Feel free to sit in the garden. But please don't conflate this with piling onto beaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    If you put aside your "gotcha" mindset for a minute then you would have to admit that I don't tell people who they should or shouldn't listen to. Personally, I listen to both sides and then make my own mind up.

I do believe that the mainstream media is controlled but they have to maintain the illusion of freedom of press. Someone like Peter Hitchens says a lot of things I agree with but I know there's a line he can't cross. These days, I rarely ever post articles from alt sites because I know they will be dismissed as conspiracy nonsense. I'm aware that we can easily fall into the trap of confirmation bias so I do my best to avoid it and let the chips fall where they may.
    It’s not a “gotcha” mindset, it’s merely expecting you to live by your own rules. You constantly accuse the MSM of being controlled and of putting out misinformation to put forth a certain narrative, but now you’re using them as some form of backing just because a certain article meets your personal approval.

I guess it’s just another example of how easy it is to be a conspiracy theorist. “Yes the media’s controlled but on the occasions I deem them factual it’s only because they’re maintaining an illusion.” Brilliant.

I do understand where CTers are coming from. I consider myself fairly open minded,an idealist maybe, that's why I wanted to watch some of David Icke's youtube videos and find out for myself what he was saying. Some claims of his I agree with i.e the Kennedy assassination. I also think Princess Diana's death was suspicious. Engineering a single person's death is I should think a whole lot easier than those of 1000s around the world simultaneously. The latter surely requires a huge level of complicity right down to hospital clerks, porters and the most junior nurse.

But then if we all agreed we wouldn't need threads (or forums) like this. I'll go back to Dr Campbell and his dull videos

I think people should be free to make their own minds up about whether to continue shielding or not. As for mental health, I agree that many people will develop agoraphobia as a result of Covid overload but other people aren't that fussed about social contact anyway so they have a right to be respected regarding their decision.

I agree that Vitamin D is important and I take a supplement every day. It's meant to be good for chronic pain too but I don't know about that..

Covid has become as divisive as Brexit now...Leave Lockdown or Stay in Lockdown

Page 41 of 717 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast

Thread Information