Page 429 of 717 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431439479529 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    It's rather strange that you guys in Britain are saying how much better it's getting but our media is saying it's getting worse.
    I'll believe you guys.
    I think it's all sensationalism by the media here.
    I think it's better in terms of hospitalisations and deaths but there are still 3,000 plus cases a day of mainly Indian variant Covid (but that's acceptable because of the vaccines.....)

I imagine this would be viewed very differently in Australia though?

They acknowledged the zero deaths but are making a big thing of the number of new cases.
    The Indian variant gets a lot of air time.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

They acknowledged the zero deaths but are making a big thing of the number of new cases.
    The Indian variant gets a lot of air time.
    The Indian variant has now officially been rebranded the Delta variant.

Yeah, we've gone all Greek alphabet on the variants - good idea to change the names, but I wish it was something more easily to process and remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Yeah, we've gone all Greek alphabet on the variants - good idea to change the names, but I wish it was something more easily to process and remember.
    I don't know why this arrangement wasn't even considered in the first place, as not only would have it been non-discriminatory towards specific places (which is the main reason behind this new variant naming system), it would have alleviated the inevitable confusion that's bound to be arising right now.

A learning curve I suppose.

It's rather strange that you guys in Britain are saying how much better it's getting but our media is saying it's getting worse.
    I'll believe you guys.
    I think it's all sensationalism by the media here.
    Here they are saying that the problem with Australia is that not as many have been vaccinated. I think they are worried that if there is a bigger outbreak there, enough people aren't vaccinated to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Here they are saying that the problem with Australia is that not as many have been vaccinated. I think they are worried that if there is a bigger outbreak there, enough people aren't vaccinated to stop it.
    I've heard that there's a lot of vaccine hesitancy in Australia, which obviously doesn't help the situation there in case they suffer a bigger Covid wave in due course.

Sounds like Australia's media might be attempting to deflect from their own country's risks by hyping up the UK's Covid-related problems right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    The problem is the federal govt not keeping up supplies.
    The states are now taking matters into their own hands and opening mass vaccination hubs.
    Victoria is having a spot of bother with another lockdown due to a new mutation of the Indian variant.
    It seems you can catch it just from brushing against a stranger in the street.
    When I got my first shot back in April there were plenty of people there so I don't think it's hesitancy.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Anheuser Busch just announced they'll give you a free beer if we hit Biden's goal of having 70% of Americans getting at least one shot (must be 21) by July 4th. Several other companies, states and sports teams are offing free incentives as well. Many are offering shots at their venues and stores. Brings new meaning to a shot and a beer eh?

It's a brilliant marketing strategy actually.

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 03-06-21 at 15:49.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Anheuser Busch just announced they'll give you a free beer if we hit Biden's goal of having 70% of Americans getting at least one shot (must be 21) by July 4th. Several other companies, states and sports teams are offing free incentives as well. Many are offering shots at their venues and stores. Brings new meaning to a shot and a beer eh?

It's a brilliant marketing strategy actually.

FMP
    Wonder if one of the free beers will be Corona...

Page 429 of 717 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431439479529 ... LastLast

Thread Information