Page 451 of 717 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

In a way, that’s what everyone’s expectation is.
    Yes, but playing their part in it

At least the unvaccinated by choice will have the chance to be hospitalised should this be needed as the vaccinated won't need it and can get on with their lives once the immunisation programme is completed.

The reason why I keep refuting Phil is not because I think I'm going to miraculously change Phil. Obviously, I'm not, because he's been having the same issues for years...it just now includes Covid. I refute Phil because I don't want some other person that maybe on the fence about getting the vaccine and read his posts, and decide not to get one. We all need to encourage those who are not getting vaccines to get on the bus so we can reach some herd immunity. We're all in this together.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    The reason why I keep refuting Phil is not because I think I'm going to miraculously change Phil. Obviously, I'm not, because he's been having the same issues for years...it just now includes Covid. I refute Phil because I don't want some other person that maybe on the fence about getting the vaccine and read his posts, and decide not to get one. We all need to encourage those who are not getting vaccines to get on the bus so we can reach some herd immunity. We're all in this together.
    Same here, although I do hope to get him to start thinking a bit more critically.

All the while he devours the DM, reads selective social media and listens to Talk Radio it will be a losing battle. Morbid fascination leading to confusion and fear.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    All the while he devours the DM, reads selective social media and listens to Talk Radio it will be a losing battle. Morbid fascination leading to confusion and fear.
    I know. That's why I was saying he's become like those people with health anxiety about a rare condition. They ignore all of the statistics that show how unlikely they are to get it, and concentrate on the one or two cases that are not the norm.

At what point does this stop being about finding more information and become a fixation?

Yes, I agree, the position needs to be refuted.

We're all in this together.
    Well, except some people.
    Last edited by Carys; 13-06-21 at 20:27.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I know. That's why I was saying he's become like those people with health anxiety about a rare condition. They ignore all of the statistics that show how unlikely they are to get it, and concentrate on the one or two cases that are not the norm.

At what point does this stop being about finding more information and become a fixation?
    It is a fixation. A self-inflicted obsessive behaviour which has become entrenched.

It is a fixation. A self-inflicted obsessive behaviour which has become entrenched.
    You see that, Phil? It's time you start looking at this with new eyes. It's for your own sanity, bud. This is not healthy for you.

[QUOTE=MrLurcher;2007722]

Damn it, was hoping you wouldn't see this - only joking.

Didn't search for a link, was looking on Twitter for any live updates on his current condition. Ended up seeing a few tweets suggesting this could be heart issues caused by myocarditis, caused by the vaccine - which has been an issue in young males. I obviously googled myocarditis because I didn't know what is was. Genuine accidental discovery via Twitter.

Hell yeah... It's awful that the anti vaxxers have leapt on this but not surprising.

Page 451 of 717 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551 ... LastLast

Thread Information