Page 484 of 717 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485486494534584 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    As much as I think these protestors genuinely have the combined IQ of a semi ripe nectarine, there really is zero evidence of mass outdoor gatherings causing major outbreaks. It’s pretty clear that this virus is virtually impossible to transmit whilst outdoors, so while I do completely disagree with what these people are saying, it actually is harmless as far as viral transmission. Not so harmless with the transmission of brain dead opinions, however.
    I know they have studied the impact of mass gatherings hence why they are allowing them more & more but do studies take into account the journey? If they only study the narrow parameters of the event itself it surely misses the potential for spread due to other social interactions before & after? If that doesn't increase the potential to spread then "stay local" is also a pointless message.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    .... and Hancock has gone.

Pretty pleased about that, although does it mean we now have no health sec?

Did anyone see the footage of the protests in London today? Madness! Hopefully there will be no outbreak because of it 🙄
    A mixer bag too: anti lockdown, anti passport, kill the bill, free Palestine, etc. Just a big party for the protest types.

XR will be doing theirs today.

Lots of rubbish to clear up afterwards then..

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    A mixer bag too: anti lockdown, anti passport, kill the bill, free Palestine, etc. Just a big party for the protest types.

XR will be doing theirs today.
    Did BLM do a protest as well yesterday or will they be doing one today?

Where's the EDL these days, as I haven't heard of any of their antics since about spring 2017?

Good luck to those going to Silverstone this year, I've been every year since 2000, bar last year and won't be going this year. Nothing to do with COVID risk, Silverstone is sh*t to get in and out of during normal times, I dread to think what it's going to be like this year, I assume they will at minimum require NHS covid app log in. Still it's saved me 500 quid for the ticket.

£500??!!! To see Lewis Hamilton chalk up another victory? What else are you offered for the £500? Hospitality tent etc?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    £500??!!! To see Lewis Hamilton chalk up another victory? What else are you offered for the £500? Hospitality tent etc?
    £450.00 gets you a fold down plastic seat on the pit straight grandstand and that's it! It's near enough on race day £200.00 to get through the gate, and you don't get a seat, laughingly called a roaming ticket. You need to get down to the gate at 6am, to get in when gates open and go and bag yourself a bit of grass in a good area. I see some with a fold out chair watching through the scaffolding of the stands.

Facilities are appalling, bacon roll, which they actually advertise that you get two pieces of bacon! That'll be £4.50. Can of warm Carling, about a fiver. If you're a woman (this has improved slightly over the years), you need to have a pee 20mins before the start, or you'll miss it.

If it rains or has been for a while, then everyone is knee-deep in mud.

If you want to be wined and dined, with a proper meal with wine above the garages is the BRDC facility you could be looking at anywhere from £2k-10K depending on how much access you want to the teams, garages or drivers. If you're a commoner like me, you can get a walk down the pit lane on race day for £175.00, you don't get long though 30min max.

Andrew Marr on being fully vaccinated, yet catching the disease.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-57628287

(Apologies to viewers outside the UK, for whom the video may not work.)

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    £450.00 gets you a fold down plastic seat on the pit straight grandstand and that's it! It's near enough on race day £200.00 to get through the gate, and you don't get a seat, laughingly called a roaming ticket. You need to get down to the gate at 6am, to get in when gates open and go and bag yourself a bit of grass in a good area. I see some with a fold out chair watching through the scaffolding of the stands.

Facilities are appalling, bacon roll, which they actually advertise that you get two pieces of bacon! That'll be £4.50. Can of warm Carling, about a fiver. If you're a woman (this has improved slightly over the years), you need to have a pee 20mins before the start, or you'll miss it.

If it rains or has been for a while, then everyone is knee-deep in mud.

If you want to be wined and dined, with a proper meal with wine above the garages is the BRDC facility you could be looking at anywhere from £2k-10K depending on how much access you want to the teams, garages or drivers. If you're a commoner like me, you can get a walk down the pit lane on race day for £175.00, you don't get long though 30min max.
    I've had to drive around the disruption/diversions caused when this circus turns up on the A43; similarly, I was in Melbourne when it appeared just after the Commonwealth Games.

If I never have to encounter F1 again it will be too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Lots of rubbish to clear up afterwards then..
    All that single use bottled water?

I saw an article pop up about Andrew Neal interviewing the co creator of XR. Have they had him back then? He was kicked out of Germany for anti Semitism

Page 484 of 717 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485486494534584 ... LastLast

Thread Information