Page 489 of 717 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539589 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    We seem to be turning a blind eye to the Euro celebrations, Phill. They Think It's All Over.
    It could be for some, especially anyone unvaccinated who travelled by train to Wembley on Tuesday. Didn't they say the recent surge in Scottish cases was due to fans travelling to Wembley for the England/Scotland match?

We seem to be turning a blind eye to the Euro celebrations, Phill. They Think It's All Over.
    To put it bluntly, the footie fans knew the risks full well, so (dare I say it), they can face the music!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    To put it bluntly, the footie fans knew the risks full well, so (dare I say it), they can face the music!
    Along with all those they've infected en route

Along with all those they've infected en route
    Sadly, yes.

Though I personally would have knowingly avoided all public places and public transport like the plague during the hours before and after the match, especially as footie hooligans give me the willies anyway, pandemic or not.

Wrong place at the wrong time, and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Not a personal dig Vee, but I sometimes wonder what your country could achieve if it got past this childish "every man for himself" frontiersman mentality - or actually behaved in a manner that your Gods tell you to do, but then ignore because it's Communist or something.
    Yeah, I know PM. I think maybe if we didn't make it so hard to have a decent quality of living here (eg. higher ed, home, car, vacation time, childcare) people would be more willing to share. But the middle class is being squeezed out, by the time they claw their way to getting the basics everyone should have, they don't want anyone to get things easier than they did.

It could be for some, especially anyone unvaccinated who travelled by train to Wembley on Tuesday. Didn't they say the recent surge in Scottish cases was due to fans travelling to Wembley for the England/Scotland match?
    Yep., 1900 ish football fans infected of which around 1300 purely due to their London jolly. Hardly surprising when they are jumping all over each other like it was pre Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Sadly, yes.

Though I personally would have knowingly avoided all public places and public transport like the plague during the hours before and after the match, especially as footie hooligans give me the willies anyway, pandemic or not.

Wrong place at the wrong time, and all that.
    A better approach would have been for Scottish police and the Met to actually do something. Khan appearing not to come unless you have a ticket was pointless. Stop them at the stations rather than watch them spend hours turning into a big crowd.

Sadly you can't avoid them, Lenco. They are back at work, doing thrir shopping, getting on public transport.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    So Los Angeles County has reinstated their mask requirement indoors due to the Delta Variant spreading among unvaccinated people. They want to prevent it from spreading to kids, as under 12s are not vaccinated yet. They're also afraid of more mutations if it runs rampant among the unvaccinated. No one who has been vaccinated has had any issues with the variant.

Another scandal happening here is about the homeless population. Another state was caught bussing a group of homeless people to us and dropping them off here. In California we pay higher taxes than most other states because we believe in social programs. We've been sending nurses out to homeless camps to vaccinate and assigning people to tiny shed houses to keep people separated and give them a place to live. We can't take on the entire US' homeless population because people in other states dont want to raise their taxes to help pay for those less fortunate.
    Forget Covid, that's disgraceful at any time. Send them a huge bill for your state doing the right thing for these poor people.

We did the same for the royal wedding; round 'em up and get them out so it all looks perfect. It's like they are objects rather than people.

One irony also being how many of them got there after serving their country.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Unlike computers some people need the information punched in more than once.
    Just sayig
    I did want to give him a good booting. The bananas he reached for should have gone up his USB

Apparently in full view of two of the Met's finest, who did nothing.
    And especially in light of the previous protest outside his home it's even worse:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/30/londo...home-14849182/

Maybe they did only want a photo but they had been on an anti vaxxer march so not without a motive. Over to our Autism oracles on here concerning both men being on the spectrum but happily manhandling him which I would think would be something they may understand the impact of?

EDIT: only one on the spectrum.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 01-07-21 at 08:15.

Page 489 of 717 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539589 ... LastLast

Thread Information