Page 490 of 717 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491492500540590 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,900 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Are these 2 meant to be on the spectrum then? Always very convenient to wheel that one out in a spot of bother and get a psychiatrist to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Are these 2 meant to be on the spectrum then? Always very convenient to wheel that one out in a spot of bother and get a psychiatrist to back it up.
    Misread it, only one is. ADHD and Autism.

One wanted a pic for his mum yet was on an anti vaxxer march. Yeah, because the people you think are lying to you are on your list of must have selfies

I heard on the radio that one of them had lost his job due to the pandemic..I'm sure he'll be snapped up now as an autism champion and an inspiration to all those struggling to get through the hours.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    We seem to be turning a blind eye to the Euro celebrations, Phill. They Think It's All Over.
    Same with some down here Pulisa.
    Down south QLD is supposed to be in lockdown but there were hundreds laying on the beach without a mask in sight yesterday

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

So... who else is dreading the arrival of July 19th?

Basically our useless government is giving up now and saying "what will be, will be" and taking the attitude of "they'd have died anyway".

I'll continue to wear a mask, but am I ready for the piss-taking for that and the absence of social distancing by thickos? No, I am not. I'm staying behind the sofa: this morning I followed a crap car with an Infowars sticker on the tailgate saying "the media is the virus"...

This is going to end badly, but hey - the economy...

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    So... who else is dreading the arrival of July 19th?

Basically our useless government is giving up now and saying "what will be, will be" and taking the attitude of "they'd have died anyway".

I'll continue to wear a mask, but am I ready for the piss-taking for that and the absence of social distancing by thickos? No, I am not. I'm staying behind the sofa: this morning I followed a crap car with an Infowars sticker on the tailgate saying "the media is the virus"...

This is going to end badly, but hey - the economy...
    Some trepidation here too PM. I'm sure some people will prefer to stick with their masks, myself included but others will no doubt be up close and personal as if Covid never existed. And for a percentage of those, it really didn't exist anyway.

I've noticed the vaccination rates in the UK have been a bit sluggish of late.

I wonder what's been going on, as there's been no reports of any vaccine shortages in the news.

Has there been more vaccination no-shows lately (though that hasn't been mentioned in the news either)?

Nevertheless, 85.2 per cent have now had their first jab and some 62 per cent have now had their second, so just 15 more squares to go now for the first jabs on the dashboard site.

Deaths still remain fairly stable UK-wide at 22 today, with just 1 more today than last Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Forget Covid, that's disgraceful at any time. Send them a huge bill for your state doing the right thing for these poor people.

We did the same for the royal wedding; round 'em up and get them out so it all looks perfect. It's like they are objects rather than people.

One irony also being how many of them got there after serving their country.
    Yeah, I hear you, Terry. I worry about us at CA. We're one of the few states that are socially conscious, but we can't take on everyone's problems. This is the first year we've decreased in population as people have left because prices are too high...

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I've noticed the vaccination rates in the UK have been a bit sluggish of late.

I wonder what's been going on, as there's been no reports of any vaccine shortages in the news.

Has there been more vaccination no-shows lately (though that hasn't been mentioned in the news either)?

Nevertheless, 85.2 per cent have now had their first jab and some 62 per cent have now had their second, so just 15 more squares to go now for the first jabs on the dashboard site.

Deaths still remain fairly stable UK-wide at 22 today, with just 1 more today than last Thursday.
    If only we were all at those levels. My brothers are 10% ahead of around here and we are trailing the national level by between 7-9% depending on which dose.

Yes, I noticed the slowdown. They have boosted vaccination centres and are talking of a big push but it has slowed instead. Perhaps the 18-30s rushed out initially because they represented those more aware of the need?

Some days around here we are doing 500-600. I wonder what I would see if I went back to my site now? With the queues when I went, when it was over 35s, they would have burned through that many on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    If only we were all at those levels. My brothers are 10% ahead of around here and we are trailing the national level by between 7-9% depending on which dose.

Yes, I noticed the slowdown. They have boosted vaccination centres and are talking of a big push but it has slowed instead. Perhaps the 18-30s rushed out initially because they represented those more aware of the need?

Some days around here we are doing 500-600. I wonder what I would see if I went back to my site now? With the queues when I went, when it was over 35s, they would have burned through that many on their own.
    Well there's been no talk of any vaccine side effect scares in the news lately either, let alone no talk of vaccine shortages.

Perhaps it could be complacency, or possibly even people not having enough spare time to get the jab.

BTW, my borough now has the highest rate of Covid in Staffs, reportedly traced to a bar where the England vs Scotland match was shown about a fortnight ago, so looks like we're now even worse than Leek was recently!

Am I quaking in my boots over it? No, not necessarily, because I know our current local spike will eventually pass.

Had our current local spike in Covid cases happened this time last year, it would have probably been an automatic local lockdown for the entire borough (Leicester-style), but that's probably out of the question this time round.

Let's face it, Staffs Moorlands and even Bolton never had local lockdowns at the height of their recent spikes, so there's probably no reason why we should either right now, though local lockdowns and tier systems in England at least, still currently seem to be off the radar.

Page 490 of 717 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491492500540590 ... LastLast

Thread Information