Page 499 of 717 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    You (and your son) get sympathy from me on here first, Nora.

Sorry, I have no cake on me right now, as I ate the last Eclair yesterday evening!
    They are my absolute favourite cakes! Very naughty (and my colon no likey anymore) but they taste so good!

What's that Prue Leith says? "Worth the calories?" In my case it's 'worth the five days of gut pain, the shits, and generally feeling shite.

Wishing your son a speedy recovery nevertheless, and please try to 'keep calm and carry on'!!
    Thanks. I will carry on, not sure about the calm bit.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Also..What about those who were fully vaccinated first? Their protection will not be as effective now especially in view of this 3rd wave.
    If this is any help, my gran got fully vaccinated in December and is very very high risk for covid due to age and 3 different health conditions. She was around someone recently who later tested positive and had to isolate for 10 days. She tested negative the whole time. So I think the vaccine is very much still effective with her

The Aussies being their usual blunt self.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-57800981

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    If this is any help, my gran got fully vaccinated in December and is very very high risk for covid due to age and 3 different health conditions. She was around someone recently who later tested positive and had to isolate for 10 days. She tested negative the whole time. So I think the vaccine is very much still effective with her
    What a relief for you and for your gran! Thanks for posting this and it's certainly very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    What a relief for you and for your gran! Thanks for posting this and it's certainly very helpful.
    Glad that helped also I think they are still monitoring the heroic people who took part in the trials, testing their antibody levels etc, so if they notice indication of waning immunity in them they will know when to act with the general public. As far as I know, there's no indication of this so far, and these people were vaccinated over a year ago!

That's brilliant news. I'd fully prepared myself for booster shots. But if the vaccine is long lasting that is good news.

Hope your son is ok Nora and that you get plenty of cake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things must be serious: Johnson's on the telly and he seems to have combed his hair with an actual comb, rather than a balloon...

Well cases in my borough are now starting to show signs of falling (500 range). Last week they were in the 600 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Well cases in my borough are now starting to show signs of falling (500 range). Last week they were in the 600 range.
    Levelling out then. That's good news.

If you look at some areas of Scotland they were very high, into the red, but have started levelling off.

Still rising here and some knock on to hospitals but nothing like pre vaccine levels. We were at about 2.5% in hospital a couple of days ago compared to the current numbers infected and that was just counting SOT and not the other areas that also use the same hospital which would lower it further. Sadly a few deaths though.

Page 499 of 717 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599 ... LastLast

Thread Information